Tuesday 17 November 2020

A Bit of Colouring For a Change (no, really, it's been ages).




Well, it's been a while, it's true. 
But I  woke the pens up at the weekend, and also the Polychromos pencils!!

I figured that seeing as I had 2 new eyes, I might as well try them out. And I'm delighted to confirm that I can now really actually see to colour, wooohooo!!

And this is what I did. 

The gorgeous image is a Polkadoodles Gnome  and he is the North Pole Gnome (jeez I adore Nikky's images). And this one is on offer at the mo so check it out my lovelies!!
 
He is so easy to colour and I have to confess that I cased Nikky's colours from the packet lol. 


I used a mixture of Copics and Polychromos pencils to colour him and these are the Copics I used - 

Gnome -
C00, C01, C02, C03,C04, C05,C07, C09, R02, R05, R17, R27, R59, W00, W01, W03, W05

Holly - 
R05, R17, R27, R59, YG0000,YG00, YG01, YG03, YG95, YG99

Grounding-
C00, C01, BG00, BG01, BG02

Once I'd finished with the pens, I just added some depth using the pencils. I'm planning on doing a video for this technique soon so stay tuned. It just adds a little something extra to your images I think.






I made the cute little pine cones using one of the dies from the Tonic Studios Designer Choice 13 - Luxurious Lace, and there is a vid coming within the next week on how I did these - hope you like them. 

I added a bit of glitter to them and you can just see it catching the light. 

IRL it looks quite pretty!!





 That beautiful border is again made with the Designer Choice Lace set. I added some faux stitching to the border, paper, image and sentiment to kind of bring it all together.

Those papers - swoon - are Polkadoodles Christmas Holidays Blessings and they are part of a 6x6 paper pack. They work so well with the gnomes. And the sentiment I used is from the Polkadoodles Christmas Fishes stamp set. 




So that's my first colouring all done and I suspect that more will now follow 😀. 

I missed it so much but honestly, before the eye ops I literally could barely see to use die cuts, let alone this.


Right I better be off. 

I hope you like the card and I'll see you again very soon.

 Take care, look after yourselves and stay safe and well xxx


My affiliate links are listed below in case you want a bit of retail therapy :)


Polkadoodles -

North Pole Gnome clear polymer Stamp





Tonic UK and Europe -




Tonic USA -



No comments: