Monday, 27 May 2019

Pretty Princess and A Bit of Colouring Know How x

Hello lovely crafty friends.
 I've got a card to share which I made using the Polkadoodles sweetness that is 

She is available  as a digi from the shop and from stockists in stamp form. 

... and here it is. 
I've used the beautiful  Belle Papillon papers and a Polkadoodles Glorious Border  die which works really well with that image I think.

So for my post today, I've kind of concentrated on a bit of colouring -  I do hope it'll help.

I'll list the Copics I've used first and they are - 
Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13, R02, R05
Hair - E31, E33, E35, E50
Crown - Y00, Y21, Y28, Y31
Clothes -  BG11, BG32, BG49, G0000, G000, G00, RV00, RV10, W00, W01, W03, W05
Grounding - W00, W01, W03

When I put a card together, I tend to do it in the same way every time and the first thing I do is to choose my papers. Then I'll stamp the image and do the colouring then assemble lastly - it's just the way it works best for me really. If you find a way that works for you, then stick with it :)

I always start with the skin and I firstly add a primer coat of the lightest colour - in this case it was E000. Then I start adding a bit of shading - E00 and a touch of E11

 I only do a small amount of work on the skin at this point. Then I move onto the hair, and again I'll lay down the primer - E50 - before adding my shading. I complete the hair and then go back to finish the skin.

Now you can really see the image starting to come to life. 
I've found that by going back to finish the skin after you've done the hair, you can really see where to add more depth. And I will go over and over the area several times to build it all up. Once I'm happy with it, I'll add a bit of colour to her cheeks and lips and do her eyes.

 I'll then colour the clothing and the reason I choose my papers first is so that I can match up the pen colours where possible. I left the crown un-coloured in this case because I wanted to sort of decoupage it on afterwards. 

So I stamped out the head once more, coloured it, cut it out (I'm rubbish at cutting out!!) and then stuck it down over the image but gluing down the bottom bit of the crown only, so that it's flat against her head. Then I added foam pads to the top bit. 

These are the papers, cut to size and I've added the measurements to each paper. 
The base card is 172 x 172mm which I covered with the grey card cut to the same size.

 I die cut the border out and then stamped the little  border onto some paper and stuck it down onto the bottom. The scalloped edge is just the edge of a scalloped card which I had floating about!!

And there she is all done.
I hope that you've found this useful and than you for stopping by today. 

Happy crafting and see you soon,
Dawny P xx

Sunday, 19 May 2019

You've Been Framed!!

Hello crafty friends - Dawny P here.
I'm sharing a card today which I made using a few Polkadoodles lovelies and I've mixed and matched a couple of stamp sets.

This is the card and the main image is Winne - Sweetest Thing. 
I've deviated from my usual blondie hair for this one!!

I coloured Winnie with Copics and these are the colours I used - 

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R05
Hair - E07, E19, E50, E59, E97, E99
Clothes - YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG95, YG97
Grounding - W00, W1, W3, W5

The frame was made using 2 Posydoodles Rectangle dies and then I stamped over it with a stamp from the Textures Galore set (it beats hand doodling the frame I can promise you!!)

The sentiments are from the Daisy Friends stamp set and I just added a bit of Copics colour to them.

These pretty papers are from Bright and Beautiful and I've put the sizes I used on the pic. 
The striped paper is straight out of the pad ie 6" square.
I love that these are not glued together :)

The butterfly is also from Daisy Friends.

Lots of dimension ....and a bit of gingham ribbon as well!!

Here's a list of the products I've used -.
Winnie Sweetest Thing (available from stockists)

Have a great day and happy crafting xx

Thursday, 2 May 2019

Swoonie Colours

 Hello crafty peeps.
I'm sharing a card today which I made using the new strip sentiments from Tonic Studios which have just been released. 

I did something a bit different!!

stenciled using Petal Pattern stencil with the very gorgeous Dream In Colour hybrid ink pads.

The Apricot cardstock looks quite orange on this pic but IRL it is the prettiest softest colour.

You can see it better here.
I used a very old scalloped edge die to make a border

I didn't want to stick the actual words onto the outside edge because I wanted it to look almost as though it has been printed onto it. 

So what I did was to cut 2 outside edges,  then I cut the inside edge die - the words - into one of them and  stuck them together with the latter in top.  

Then I cut  another set of words in Aqua Wave card and just popped them into the aperture in the stuck together die cuts.

Here are some links to the products I've used here.

Thank you for stopping by and crafty hugs to all xx