Tuesday 19 January 2021

The Same But Different - but Still Verrrrry Cute Part 2 - Using The Scraps :)

 


Hello lovelies and as promised I'm back with part 2 (if you missed part 1, you can see it here) and this time I'm focusing more on the papers. 

But we are still using the sweet butterfly and that beautiful sentient which has never seemed more appropriate than for these strange times we are living through.

It's a very simple card but I was happy with how it turned out, and especially as I nearly chucked those strips of paper in the bin!!.

They were left over from when I was trimming down the Butterfly Daisy papers for my card yesterday and they are literally glued down onto a piece of scrap card and trimmed. You could take it a bit further and ink the edges or even add stitching, real or faux, for more detail if you wanted. 

It kind of feels a bit like a free card, because it all but made itself,  if you get my drift.



I'd already stamped the sentiment because I always do a couple!!

I just added my beloved gingham bow (just for a change lol) and ....





...  a butterfly from the Butterfly Trio set. 
 Then literally I just added some sparkly Tonic gems from my stash. 




And there it is all done. 

It might be just me but there's something really sweet about this card, even though it's quite plain.

So have a mooch in your stash and see if you have any strips laying about and see what you can do with them.  I know one  thing, I'll never again chuck them in the bin!!

Take care and I'll see you tomorrow with the last part, when that little hedgie will appear again. I'm quite smitten with him.

Take care and stay safe and well xxx



Polkadoodles affiliate  Links -










No comments: