Thursday 13 June 2019

A Bit of Stenciling and Watercolour :)


Hello lovely crafty friends and today I've kind of gone off piste a bit.
I've had my eye on the floral image from Polkadoodles Daisy Friends for a while now and also the Moroccan Screen stencil, so I decided to combine them both, and  ....
 ... this is what I did.

This image ticks so many boxes for me and I know I've said this before but my favourite stamps and products etc are those that can cover a multitude of occasions. This is one - even sympathy (I know we don't like doing them but sometimes you just need them), this one works for everything.



I wanted this to look pretty so I loaded it with clear glitter - you can just about see it in the pic here. I matted it onto some glitter card to give it a bit of balance.


So what did I do?


I started off by die cutting a circle from the Stitched & Pierced Nested Circles - Craft Cutting die set and stamped the image onto it.




I know I'm a Copics girl usually but I do love to watercolour sometimes so I used some  Tonic Studios aquaflow pens and literally just stroked a bit of colour on. Then I took a damp brush and just sort of swept the colour out. 

It's a very easy technique, even for non colourists, and you get a nice soft effect.




For the background, I used some Tonic Studios diamond hybrid inks in  these beautiful colours, taped my stencil down and using a sponge blender, just randomly dabbed on the ink.

Simples!! 


I went from light to dark with the inks and it really doesn't matter if the colours overlap -  the mix of inks produces some really pretty shades.





Once done, I removed the stencil and just trimmed it down to 12cm square. 
The glitter card mat is cut to 13cm square. 

Last but by no means least, I stamped and cut the sentiments from the stamp set - very contemporary these and I love them.

These are links to the products I used; hope this helps - 

Stitched & Pierced Nested Circles - Craft Cutting die set 
                                 
Daisy Friends


Moroccan Screen creative craft stencil

Thank you for stopping by today and see you soon.,
Happy crafty hugs,  Dawny xx






No comments: