Wednesday 20 July 2011

Read All About It!!!!!

Picture 007c copy

Morning chicksies and hope you are all ok :)

We’re half way through the week and time to nip over the water and catch up with those nice peeps at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge – and what a great response last week …. 1121 lovelies joined us, which is fantastic :)

So onto this week and our theme is

Use Newspaper

And considering all the skulduggery  surrounding the press at the mo, this is a very good use for them  (I can think of another but I am far too polite to go into that!!!!). You can use the real thing or newspaper print designer paper, a stamped image with newspapers featured on it or something found inside a newspaper. The DT have lots of inspiration so check it all out if you get a sec peeps xxx

And look what’s up for grabs …..

and you can spend it ….

… right here :)

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did.

I coloured  Cherry Cozy Tilda with Copics but I cannot find the list sorry but when I do I’ll update here.

The papers I used are from the Basic Grey12 x 12 Basic White Paper Pack and shock horror I inked the edges!!!!

I also used a Martha Stewart PATP punch to give it some colourful zing :)

Picture 005c copy

And woohooo I just HAD to use it again and this time I used the leaf as well – yes the old Magnolia leaf and swirl die is back!!!!

Picture 006c copy

I made the flowers using the Spellbinders Rose Creations die set.

Picture 002c copy      Picture 003c copy

Picture 004c copy

So that’s me for today  - another quickie as I am up to me bits again, just for a change, so I’ll see you tomoz.

Have a fab day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

9 comments:

Denise said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour combo and that flowery frame is fab.
Denise xx

Unknown said...

Wow Dawny, love this card!! I did read all about it, incredible isn't it?? Hugs, Frea

Dodici said...

Gorgeous card,so pretty!x

Louise said...

Beautiful card, great idea to also make the flowers with the newspaper theme
Louise

Laila said...

Another perfect card made by your hands :o)
Love the simple colours.
Hugs Laila

check out my candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

kelly ledder said...

oh wow this is gorgeous xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) lovely Tilda and the red/black/white combo is fab, I love the PATP design ,, I need one of those !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kirsty said...

Hi Loving the red with the print on this one the rose die is so cool the flowers really stand out with the red centres !! Gorgeous Thanks Kitty ;0)

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Dawny.
luv
Debby