Friday 1 July 2011

Friday Pink Fest :)ooooo

Picture 010c copy

Morning chicksies and hope all is well with you today.

My weekend starts in about 4.5 hours – woohooo – and apart from collecting her ladyship from school later today,  I am doing not a lot apart from being glued to the telly for a tennis-tastic weekend!!! I have me card club prep to do as well but I will fit that in around the matches.

But before we get there it’s time to head over to the Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar challenge and today it’s our special monthly challenge and our theme is

Anything Goes with the optional extra of Shabby Chic

And we are sponsored today by those lovely peeps over the water ….

… so check it all out if you get a sec lovelies :)

Picture 008c copy

This is what I did.

Yes no 6 x 6 today cos I saw these DoCrafts Tulip papers and I just fell in love with them.

I got an A5 pack and the papers have a linen effect which adds a nice bit of texture – you cannot see it in these pics :) There is also a pack which has step card blanks in and they are quite BIG I have to say so I thought for something different I'd use one.  I didn't think about how it would photograph – not easy for me as I always struggle with easels or anything other than a square. But the last pic gives a better idea of the overall shape.

I got mine from Purple Butterfly Crafts  and Lesley has now set up a shop blog which has all sorts of fab stuff on it including a useful info section. And all the courses and workshops that are taking place including the ones I do are on there as well   – you can see it here :)

I stamped the oh so sweet Hello Little Butterfly Tilda  onto the largest Nestabilites Labels 18 and then coloured her with these Copics -

E00, E000, E21 (skin), E40, E42, E50 (hair), B0000, B000, B00, RV0000, RV000, RV00 (clothes etc) and I also adder polychomos pencil detail as well.

Nesties, Tilda stamp, Tilda Lace Die and Copics are from Simon Says Stamp

Picture 005c copy

This beautiful pure silk ribbon and shiny small heart charm are both from  The Ribbon Girl. I promise you that the one you get won’t have me and my camera on it – doh!!!!!!

Picture 011c copy

An array of prettiness from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I used 35mm trellis rose in pink mist from the Classic Colour Range of Roses, hip rosebuds, 4mm closed rosebuds and some sweetheart blossoms 

Picture 013c copy

A different way to use the fab Magnolia leaf and swirl die – well the swirl bit in any case!!! I guess one of these days I will make something where I don't use it but for the mo it is staying on my desk lol!!!!.

The Pink Petticoat sentiment was printed onto Safmat.

Picture 012c copy

And here’s the side view.

The light was doing all sorts of weirdness  when I took the pics. It was quiet windy and the trees outside were blowing so there was a flickering effect which was quite frankly doing my swede in!!!

Anyhoos that’s me done for today.

I do have a couple of  bits to share if I get chance over the weekend (ie if I can drag myself away from the telly!!) but if I don't get back here, have a great weekend one and all and see you next week.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxxx

9 comments:

yvon said...

Dawny, what a gorgeous creation. Your coloring is so beautiful, as always. Love the brigth colors you always use.
Have yourself a verry sunny weekend and enjoy the tennisgames.
Hugs, Yvon

Unknown said...

wow...just amazing lovin the sooooo cute colours the design everything is just perfection hugs sassy

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Dawn, just perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Analia Cristina said...

This is a lovely and sweety card!!!

Kirsty said...

Hi wow the papers are so pretty with the bow and shiny charm. Always an inspiration. Enjoy the tennis. Kitty :D

Wendy said...

Stunning as usual Hun enjoy your tennis fest, Have lots of strawberries and cream on hand with some champers starting to sound good to me.

Wendy

Mik said...

Very sweet card. Great Job!

Hazel said...

Dawny - yet another lovely card. Just wanted to say a thanks for all your inspiration and sketches over time. You've been one of the reasons I have now started my own blog. Keep up the fab work - I just love it. Hazel x

Kamilicrafts said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Just love the whole thing, the swirl is divine, the paper is scrummy... I could go on and on but I won't!!!