Wednesday 10 June 2015

And Something For The Girls : )

 

Howdy peeps and it’s another sunny morning here in Chester.
That’s 3 days in a row now!!!

So after the masculine card yesterday, I thought I’d even it up a bit and share one which is a bit more girlie, and ….

 

DSCN1445 copy_thumb[2]

… it’s this one here.

I made this card up when I was demoing at Bolton and I used creams and whites, and I was quite pleased how it turned out. So I made it up again using pinks : )

I used one of my fave EVER Tonic Studios Dies and this is the beautiful Deco Oval Trellis set.
The base card is an 8x8 and it’s cut  to just over 5 1/2” wide, and I added a pink mat using dimensional pads. Then I cut a slightly smaller piece in white and using the largest inside edge, I ran it through the machine, then stuck it down onto the pink mat, again using dimensionals.

Then I cut another piece from white card using both the outside and inside edges, added some Nuvo Diamond Glitter around the edge using a Nuvo Glue Pen, then I stuck it down onto the card, lining it up carefully with the pattern underneath.

Finally I cut another in pink from the smallest outside edge and added that, again using dimensionals.
LOVE the layers : )

 

 

DSCN1446 copy_thumb[4]

I made some little blooms using the flower elements from the Tonic Entwining Trellis Plush Peony Die set.

For the 2 largest flowers, I cut one in white and another from pink using the largest flower die, then I used tweezers to gently curl the edges back before running a ball tool over them to bring the petals up. Then I layered them together. I cut another in white using the second smallest flower and then ran the ball tool over it and then stuck it down.

I made one more using the second largest and the smallest flower dies, which I stuck down onto a bow I’d  made using Mermaid Pale Pink Sparkle Ribbon from The Ribbon Girl.

 

DSCN1448 copy_thumb[4]

 

Next I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pearl White to the edge of the centre pink mat and also the centre of each bloom.

 

DSCN1449 copy_thumb[3]

 

Finally I cut a small oval using one of the elements from the Tonic Tent Gift Bag Die Set, stamped one of my beloved Lili of The Valley sentiments onto it then – it’s the Sentiments to Fit Scroll set -  stuck it down.

All the Tonic Studios products I’ve used here are available from Crafty Devils, as is the Papermania Capsule Wild Rose A4 cardstock.


 

DSCN1444 copy_thumb[7]

And that’s the card all done.

Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the sunshine.

Huggiest of hugs to all xx

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You keep using the mist beautiful dies Dawny. Love his one and you card is pretty.
Hugs Sharon. X

Dawny P said...

Thanks heaps Sharon xx While I was demoing at Bolton, a lady came to chat with me and I thought it was you. It wasn't, natch, but she was the living spit of you, so much so that I told her to go and Google you when she got home lol xx