Monday 7 July 2014

As Clint Would Say, Are You Feeling Lucky?

 

rubberstamppriceslidelowres

Good morning everyone, and I hope that you are all OK today.

This post is going out at 7am on the 7th day of the 7th month – lucky seven if you are superstitious (I am a bit!!). 
But as it happens, if you are after some new
Lili of The Valley stamps then you are indeed in luck.  Before I get to me project, check out the pic above and if you want more details, then bob on over to the Ideas To Inspire Blog and check it all out.

What a lovely way to start the week with some good news.

And doesn’t it make a change!!!

Ok now for today’s project and here ….

001 copy_thumb[2]

… it is.

I’ve made a window box using our beautiful Antebellum papers and apart from the leaf vine and grass, everything here is made from the pad.

I really like this pad – it ticks so many boxes, pardon the pun!!

Can you imagine that wood on a vintage Christmas card?
I whispered that last bit – oooh it’s a bit too early for that sort of festive talk!!

The actual window box was made using an Eileen Hull Window Box die which is made by Sissix.
Isn't it fab peeps : )

Not only that but it’s so easy to put together – I LIKE that.

004 copy_thumb[2]

I made a blind using a MS Doily punch and the teeny flowers were made from the middle bits of a Susan Tierney Sunflower Thinlits die – they're the tiny little brown bits you can see in the middle of this flower here …. .

images (1)

Now before you think that I have wayyy too much time on my hands to sit and shape every one of those tiny things, the way I did this was to die cut it (they are all together on one die – you can see what I mean on the pic),  but before I popped them out, I positioned the die over a moulding pad (or you could use an old mouse mat) and I popped them through with a small embossing tool.
They shape as they drop out – easy peasy.

 

003 copy_thumb[2]

The grass and leaf vines were cut using Memory Box dies – Lavish Branch and Grassy Border.

 

005 copy_thumb[5]

And the flowers were just made using a medium Woodware punch

 

002 copy_thumb[3]

So that’s me done for today.

Did you watch the tennis?  Talk about nail biting and tense. I have to admit that I would have liked to see old Roge win if I could have chosen and indeed if you had been near our house as this awesome match was going on then you would no doubt have heard old fog horn Lil here cheering him on!!

It wasn’t to be.

But for all of us tennis fans, above anything else, it was one of the best finals I’ve seen in many a year – truly a fantastic game of tennis.

Right, I’m off to do the dreaded weekly weigh in – it’s just a short hop to the bathroom lol. I’ve been good apart from (there’s always an ‘apart from’) going out for dinner on Tuesday and even then I had diet Coke and only a few chips (she say, polishing her halo!!).

I’ll let you know tomorrow if the results were good or bad.

Till then have a fab day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

6 comments:

DeBe said...

WOW, WOW, Wow! I am lost for words this is absolutely beautiful! Great to have a price reduction too :) Denyse x

Ribbon Girl said...

love the window box! fabulous project Dawny - good luck with the weight loss - I lost one and a half pounds this week - even though out for curry on Thursdayand also had a tiny bar of Cadburys - it'll catch up with me I've no doubt - have a good week, Mary x

rachel said...

this looks awesome - love it xx

Marjorie said...

When I saw this Dawny I just went WOW! WOW! This is so gorgeous, You are amazing how you think of these beautiful projects to make!! Stunning hunnie, and I hope for all your hard work the scales were kind to you:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I absolutely love this, it looks so fantastic! You've put these beautiful papers to such good use.
Rebecca.

Petras Bastelschätze said...

WOW what a fabulous design, and the colours are so wunderful.
LG Petra