Wednesday 20 November 2013

'Love-ly Little Hanger (& An OMG Moment!!)

 

Picture-003cropw

Morning sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today - blimey it's windy out there but no sign of the dreaded white stuff as yet.
Just as well cos I am driving to Leeds today and then over to the Trafford Centre with Nik to do a bit of Chrimbly shopping :(

I HATE shopping.

I HATE Chrimbly shopping even more  - bah humbug!!

And going there with our Nik fills me with dread cos there are so many shoe shops and she is a nightmare when she goes shoe shopping.

Ah but you said Christmas shopping I can hear you say.

Well yes, but it won't stop her checking them out.  I did ask her if she would be getting any shoes,  she said not particularly but she would go and have a look - just in case.

Well my heart sank.

She said that I should consider it payback for all the times that I  have dragged her around craft shows and the likes.
Fair point I guess so I won't moan (well not to her face lol!!)

And now back to me card!!

A lovely lady called Gina emailed the shop to ask about the hanger I made for Create and Craft so I thought I would put it in here, and ...

Picture-002w  

... here it is (Gina I hope this is the one chick).

I love making these and they are so easy peasy.

You make up the three panels and then hang the with ribbon or card strips from a piece of dowel ( I got mine from B&Q ).

Please excuse the wonky pic btw - the only place I could take the pics was in the lounge - I had to hang it on a nail in there which is quite high and I had to stand on a chair to take the pic and the pic wasn't the only thing wobbling let me tell you!!!  I only just noticed that the bottom section wasn't straight!!

Anyway, you can see what's going on with it hopefully.

Picture-003w

The top section is made using Anniversary Surprise and I coloured it with good old Copics. Now I did this a while ago so I am not 100% sure if the colours but I THINK these are what I used -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02
Hair - E31, E35,
The rest - E09, E30, E31, E33, E35, E39, E40, E41, E42,  E50, E97, R05, R17, R27, R59

The papers I used for the hanger are from 2 of the 8x8 paper pads - Country Gent and County Lady and I used them to paper piece their little hats.

There's glitter as well (surely not!!).

Picture-004w

The middle section is made from the papers and some hearts die cut from Kraft card. I also added a bow made from 25mm black and white gingham ribbon which I got from The Ribbon Girl, and a little heart button and some twine

 

Picture-006w

And the last section is just a sentiment stamped onto Kraft and matted onto a scalloped circle. The sentiment I used is actually a smaller version of the Set 42 - Congratulations statements set.  This was made  for Create & Craft and I think there may be some left on their website.

If you make any, do let me know - I am such a nosy mare and I would love to come and have a look :)

OK so I said in the post title that there was an OMG moment.
Well that my sweet friends is an understatement if ever there was one.

Because I have only been nominated in the ....

 

ca_mainlogo (1)

... woop woop!!

I was idly flicking through one of me mags and saw the page and went to see if Lili of The Valley were nominated there and yes, they are,  woop, woop and woop again!!

But then I saw a name that was familiar... and it was mine.

Now I kid you not, at this point I was sat there totally agog and practically speechless (although not quite cos that  rarely happens!!). I have been nominated in the 'most inspirational craft blog' category, along with our Ideas to Inspire blog.

I showed Nik and she was thrilled of course, but then she noticed that I was nominated in the 'favourite card designer' category as well.

WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

At this point I really was speechless.

OMG - I had no clue at all.

So from the bottom of my heart a mahoosive thank you to the very sweet and lovely peeps who nominated me and thought that I was actually worthy. I am utterly thrilled and still a bit shocked to be honest!! I don't think that I will win but you know what, that really doesn't matter because the fact that I was even mentioned has made me so chuffed.

And on that lovely note I am off to pack up the car for the trip and psych myself up for the hours of shoe shops I will be visiting today!!

I will have a bet with you now that she doesn't buy any!!!

Enjoy your day and stay warm and safe and huggiest of shocked hugs to all xxx

 

15 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous gorgeous make, well done on your nominations - good luck shopping x

Sammy said...

Absolutely stunning! I love every aspect of this, from the design to the colour, and (obviously) the image! LOVE it!

And seeing your name among the nominees came as absolutely NO surprise to me whatsoever! Well deserved and a huge accomplishment! x

ribenaruby said...

Hi Dawny, what an exciting moment for you, well done you for being nominated and good luck!!! Also thankyou for showing this off on your blog, amazing decor to add to a home! Enjoy your day shopping. Ruby x

yvon said...

This is awesome. What a great idea and it's beautiful.
Congratulations on your nomination, you deserve it.
Hugs, Yvon

Marjorie said...

Oh my word!!! What a fabulous post!! Your news is just "FANTASTIC" Dawny, You work so hard and are always eager to share your fabulous talent, this is So, so well deserved!! and I am so pleased for you:)..
Your hanging is just gorgeous too, fabulous images, and it doesn't look very hard to make...
Enjoy your shopping, there are some lovely shoes out there at the moment so you just might come back with a pair yourself lol!! Enjoy:)
Huggles,
Marjorie xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Well done with the nominations. Good luck with the shopping (I like shopping craft stuff, but all other things :-( and my daughter loves to shop shoes and clothes (help). Regards Helen

Sue said...

This is stunning Dawny, such a fabulous design, adorable image and wonderful detailing.
Congratulations Dawny, I had already spotted your name had been nominated and added my vote!
I hope the shopping goes okay.
hugs Sue xx

Sharon said...

Everything about this I fabulous Dawny. May have to make one of these myself.
Congratulations on the nominations. Very well deserved.
Hope you managed to get all your shopping done without having to look at shoes in every shop.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Hugs Sharon. x

Clare Jones said...

Hi Dawny
No surprise whatsoever on your nominations - we all love your work & LOTV stamps.
Have already voted so fingers crossed
Hugs
Clare xxx

debby4000 said...

fabulous hangar and congrats on being nominated.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you had a good trip. Love your creation, fantastic idea done well done on the nomination, no surprise to me, off to check that out and vote x

Kat W said...

Huge congrats on your nominations - you may be surprised but we all know how much you deserve it - your blog is indeed incredibly inspirational :-D
This hanger is a wonderful example of this creativity; it's just stunning! It's a fab idea and put together so beautifully with gorgeous details :-)
Big hugs, Kat x

Unknown said...

Well deserved nominations! You make some stunning creations! I love this version of the Christmas one we made at the workshop. The next time I need a wedding present I'm going to make another one of these. Hope you enjoyed the Trafford Centre (or the traffic centre as it's also known)! Emma x

Annette said...

And very well deserved hun, I was not surprised when I saw you there. Been and voted already too :0)
Best of luck hun.
xxxxx

Helga said...

Wow - a stunning card and a fabulous colouring !
LG Helga