Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Magnolia Easter :)

 

Good morning sweet peeps and a very Happy Easter to everyone.
I hope that you are having a nice break and that the weather is being kind to you.

It's time for the monthly  Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge and this month our theme is

Add Flowers

And that's it :)
A nice easy peasy one for you to join in with.

We have 2 sponsors and prizes for you - 

Our regular sponsors, Magnolia of Sweden will be sending our randomly chosen winner a stamp direct from Magnolia headquarters ....

 

... and Ribbon Girl are giving a £10 voucher towards a spending spree in the Ribbon Girl online store.

And ...

Picture-001web

.. this is what I did.
It's actually a card for my sweet Kyla because she had a wonderful school report from parents evening last week and is doing so well. I firmly believe that kids respond better to the carrot than the stick and I just wanted to give her a little card to let her know that we are proud of her and we recognise her hard work and all the effort she is putting in.

Anyway, enough of the proud Granny stuff and back to the card Dawny P!!!!!

I used one of my new Tildas from the latest kit.
It's quite different this time but the images are still as sweet as ever. But what I do have to say if I'm being honest is that if the rubber gets any thinner we will be able to see right through it. Has anybody else noticed that this time or have I just been unlucky?

The papers are from the new Nitwits Good Hare Day collection - perfect for all the little princesses out there.

Picture-006sweb    

I coloured Tilda with these Copics -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13 R00, R02
Hair - E41, E42, E43, E50

The rest - R85, RV000, RV00, RV01, RV23

and as usual there is a fair bit of sparkly stuff scattered about the place - Kyla loves anything glittery (cannot think where she gets that from really lol!!).

Picture-004web

Stuff I used here is all from The Ribbon Girl -

White sweetheart blossomswhite beaded twirl, pink tulip seam binding and sugar and spice pearl flatbacks.

Plus .....

Picture-005web

40mm white daisy flower, pale pink lily flowers, white asters and white hip rosebuds.

I also used a Martha Stewart Frond Leaf Punch and my new  Tim Holtz Sizzix DISTRESSED DOILY On the Edge Die - both from Simon Says Stamp

Picture-002web

The sentiment is from  Lili of The Valley's Set 18 - Greetings Postmarks set

 

Picture-003web

So that's the old card done.

We are all going to Emma's later on for lunch so no cooking for me today - woohooooo. Then we are bringing the kids back to give Em a rest because we didn't have them while Thea was unwell (they only want Mummy when they are like that) plus she has been looking after one of Tim's nephew who is cute but a little handful so she is quite frankly knackered. She will feel better after a good night's sleep I'm sure.

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and I'll see you back here next week.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

7 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Well done Kyla, keep it up, Happy Easter to everyone!! Lovely card Dawny, Mary x

Jane said...

The carrot is always better Dawny and that card is 24 carat ! Happy Easter, enjoy your lunch x

Craftyrose said...

Beautiful creation and yes I have noticed the shockingly thin rubber too on the stamp kits, you won't need scissors to cut them out soon, we'll be able to tear them!

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card bet Kyla will treasure it x Susan x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so pretty Dawny, you are clever. The perfect girly card.
Happy Easter.
Katie x

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card for Kyla, well done.
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I am sure kyla loved this ,, so pretty and I love the flowers !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x