Sunday 22 July 2012

)Didn’t We Have A Lovely Time … (Plus Another Sneekie Peekie Just For You :)

Picture 018 copy     

Hi there lovely peeps and what  glorious day it is today :)

The sun is shining and quite frankly it is WARM!!!

Today I have another Lili Of The Valley sneakie peek for you – have you picked your faves yet?? - plus some piccies from our fabulous day yesterday meeting Claudia at Sir Stampalot .

But firstly …..

Picture 011 copy

… here’s my sneak peek and I think you can possibly see Claudia's influence in this (but sadly not her talent, cry cry!!)

This sweet little girlie is called

Wishing & Waiting

& I think she is soooo sweet.

closeup

I have coloured her in a different way than I usually would and love how she turned out.

I used the following Copics

Skin – E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02, R20

Hair – E31, E33, E34, E35, E39, E50

The rest – R85, RV0000, RV000, RV00, YG0000, YG00, YG03, YG23, YG63, W00, W1, W3, W5, W7

and I used Copic X-Press paper which I bought from Sir Stampalot. It is soooo nice to colour on and I am totally converted to this card, I can tell you!!! .

The papers (which are absolutely gorgeous) are from the FQB Mr & Mrs Collection from Nitwits.

Picture 014 copy

A pretty double bow made from 15mm Black No 10 Small Check gingham ribbon,  some 4mm pearl string and a sweet pale pink small polka dot button tied with some black button twine.

And it’s all from Mary at The Ribbon Girl. ….

Picture 016 copy

…. as is the  15mm wide pink tuille which I tucked behind the image panel,  and as are the Sugar and Spice self adhesive pearls.

It’s my one stop shop for beauimous stuff!!!!

Picture 015 copy

A mixture of bloomage here :)

Picture 012 copy

Picture 013 copy

So that’s the card done and now for news of yesterday.

I was beyond excited to get to meet the sweetness that is Claudia for the first time – and I do hope it won’t be the last. This girl has every reason to be full of herself because she truly is one of the most talented crafters out there, not to mention one of the best colourers EVER.

But was she?

Not one single bit – and she will be cringing at what I’ve written, but it is true!!

She is simply one of the nicest crafters I have ever met – totally ‘ego-less’. She is quiet and unassuming and just my sort of girlie. I spent the best couple of hours with her and learned so much, as did the rest of the class. There were hugs and tears when we met and when she saw Carole who is probably her closest friend in the UK for the first time, well it was very special for them both.

From the bottom of my heart Claudia, thank you my sweet friend for a fabulous afternoon and for sharing your gift with us xxxx 

And also hugest of thanks to Janice & Andy at Sir Stampalot too.  Janice is super sweet and is so helpful when I need anything for my commissions,  and the shop is amazing!! I could have spent the whole day mooching about but sadly for me, Richie Rich was lurking and had a beady eye on my purse!!!  I hasten to add that I didn't make him sit around while we were crafting!! He went off to explore a bird of prey centre nearby and came back to collect me later on. I was gutted not to be able to go out and have dinner with them because we had to get back to feed the birds while it was still light. But next time, well we will plan it a little better.

Wanna see some pics?

 Picture 001

Watching the master (mistress) at work!!!

Picture 009

Carole, Claudi and the (rather chubby!!) piggy!!!

My God, where did those breasticles come from!! They aren’t mine.

Are they???

I wish, but sadly I think it’s the angle of the camera!!!!

Picture 007

We only needed one more in front and we could have done Bohemian Rhapsody!!!!

I look like I’ve just gegged in in the pic don't I!!!

I was invited, honest!!!

sheila

This is me with sweet Sheila – another super talented and very lovely lady.

I think I should point out that I do have other clothes peeps!!

I realised as these pics were being taken that I was wearing the same stuff that I wore for my class last weekend. So no need for a collection me darlings, and I will make sure that next time I wear something different lol!!.

Right well I think I’ve rambled on enough. Have a brilliant Sunday and see you soon as soon.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

19 comments:

Christy Beans said...

Your fans love your coloring with or without the touch of Claudia... and you have the most fabulous style for layout and design! I guess we all have someone else we look at and say "I wish I had that talent" LOL These new LOTV stamps are delicious and I am going to have a hard time keeping my wallet under control! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Tanya said...

Your card is fabulous Dawny, YOU are so talented! I love seeing your makes, I always get great inspiration from you.

Your photos are lovely :)

Tags xx

Laura Bradley said...

This is such a beautiful card Dawny! I love it! So jealous you got to see Claudia .. her colouring is amazing! I really wish I lived further south sometimes! Laura x

Loopylou. said...

oooh Dawny that card is absolutely gorgeous hun! i am loving peeking at all the new little christmas LOTV's,they are awesome and I totally know what you mean about sir stampalot, my DH drops me off and takes my little mo and the dog to ferry meadows then comes back to get me a few hours later!!! janice and andy are fabulous!!
hugs Lou xxx

Sue said...

WOW Dawny, I have really enjoyed reading your bog today.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image and wonderful embellishments.
Thanks so much for sharing your photos, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and met some very special ladies. I honestly believe that crafters are one the the nice groups of people around.
Hope you have a good evening
Hugs Sue

Unknown said...

This card is great- a really unusual stamp for Christmas and so cute. Stunning!

Annette said...

You do make me smile with your sense of humour. Love the pics, you look like you had such fun. I would soooo love to see Claudia colouring live, I know I could learn so much from her, but would never be as good with years of practice. Sigh!!
Great card too, love these images, I'm going to need some of these in the new release. Can't wait.
Annette xx

Kath Stewart said...

wow sounds as though you had a fabby day...lovely to see the pics of you Claudia and Carole...3 gorgeous girlies...loving your hair...sending big hugs kath xxx

Sharon said...

Lovely to see your pics Dawny. Also I love the sneak peaks - will definitely be buying these. Sorry Russ but there are certain things a girl just has to have.
Love Sharon. x

Wendy said...

Hi dawn, I saw you yesterday as you were coming to clauias class i was shopping. I thought I recognised you from blog land, but couldnt put a name to the face. Did you have a good time at Claudia class, how talented and humble is she, she is such a sweet person. I am so pleased I went and she has taught me so much in such a short space of time. Your work on your blog is lovely too, I love the new lili of the valley xmas stamps, you have done a wonderful job of them xx

Unknown said...

love the piccis dawny and your card is awesome soooooo gorgeous sassyxxx

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn , your work is sensational wel done an inspiration Hugs Elaine

Sonia said...

Lovely photos Dawny looks like you had a fab day :) hope you are keeping well ? Xxx

Andrea said...

Glad you had a good day Dawny, I always love reading your blog you make me have huge belly laughs :)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, cute card Dawny and you are a lucky thing meeting Claudia.
luv
Debby

Jane said...

I just saw your card on Ribbon Girls facebook page Dawny...this is fab and I just love these new stamps. What a fab day you had....I just love crafting days. The sun is still shining, have a great week,
Jane x

Stacey said...

Love it Dawny! Gorgeous bow, just delish. And by the way, you are not chubby! ~x~

Kara Lynne said...

Oh what fun! So glad you enjoyed the time. I loved seeing the pictures and love your humor, but you look great, leave yourself alone! Thanks for the sneak peek, she's adorable and your card is beautiful!

Tonya said...

WOW, Dawny! This card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the sweet image and stitching. The little bit of black adds so much to this card. I love it!!