Wednesday 26 October 2011

A Girl After My Own Heart :)

Picture 006c copy

Hi there peeps and I hope that you are all OK and staying nice and toasty on these cold mornings.

There’s a bit of an Autumnal feel about the colours on my card today and I noticed that I seem to do this at this time of year. It’s clearly a subliminal thing and I move away from the pastels and get the bright and zingy oranges etc out.

Or maybe I just THINK I do lol!!!

Anyway, today over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge we have an

Anything Goes

theme and this week the  Design Team are showcasing Bo Bunny and Studio Calico products this week. You don't HAVE to use them to join in of course,  but if you have them then why not use them :)

There is as always a mahoosive ….

.... up for grabs which our winner can spend …

 

… right here.
(and there’s loads of new stuff in so nip and have a mooch if you get a sec :)

So…

Picture 001c copy

… this is what I did
(shades on girls cos we’ve gone for BRIGHT today lol!!)

Check out this sweet little Sugar Plum.
She is
CC Designs Cookie Emma and she is soooo cute sitting there chomping away – awww :) And seeing as I’m also a bit of a cookie monster, I could not resist using her.

  I gave her darker hair, just for a change and the Copics I used today are -

E000, E00, E11, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E29, E35, E41, E49, E50, E57 (hair) , E50, E51, Y38, YR07, YR16, YG0000, YG01, YG03, G99 (the rest).

 

Picture 004c copy           Picture 005c copy

The rather yummy papers I used are all Bo Bunny Vicki B 6 x 6 paper pad. And if you cannot find ribbon and pearls to match, just colour some with your Copics like I did here.

Nobody will ever know lol!!!

I gave the Magnolia dies a day off for good behaviour and turned my attention to something Fiskar-ish!!

The scalloped borders were made using a Fiskars Scallop Sentiment Border Punch.
I'd forgotten how pretty it is, so no doubt this poor sod will be the next on my ‘let’s work it to death’ list!!

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

So that’s me done and if you get a sec, nip over and check out the challenge peeps.

I’m slowly wading though all the stuff that was waiting for me once I managed to get my hotmail sorted – I will get there in the end!!! And my lot are round for dinner tonight.  I haven't seen her ladyship since Thursday so extra cuddles are on the agenda. Luckily she is still at that age where she doesn’t mind how many you give her but it will change for sure soon and then they will be a thing of the past.  I remember going to kiss my nephew at a family funeral once and he was horrified – literally mortified – and told me no, cos he was ‘nearly nine’!!  Bless!!

I think I should have said a funeral of a member of my family cos I just made it sound like a bit of an occasion there. Come round,  we are having a family funeral today!!!!!

Anyway on that note, I better go and do some work. Enjoy your day and see you tomorrow.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

9 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Super card. Love the bright colours. xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) such a cute image and the papers and zingy colours are fab :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny, love this bright card and guess what I just bought in he supermarket?? Yep, and the chocolate chip too, my favourites! Hugs, Frea

Sarah said...

Wow, that is a bright ribbon, but very apt for this time of year, a cheery colour - love those peppy colours on your card.
Hugs SarahS

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous Dawn and yes the zingy colours really pop its great xxxxxxx

Helen said...

Great card, love the colours.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH how beautiful Dawny!! I have a soft spot for sweet little Emma too! :) I really love that you use pretty fall colors, whether it's subliminal or not! ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Oh beautiful card Dawny, sweet image and love the zingy colours.
luv
Debby