Friday 28 May 2010

Hot Hot Hot!!!!!

Picture 005 copy

Yes we are feeling hot and spicy today over at the Just Magnolia challenge :)

This week it’s open to your own interpretation, so either hot as in summer, weather, or  colours or Spicy as food or colours, or both together if you are feeling adventurous!!!

Well I went for hot colours ie hot pink (it had to be pink of course!!) and it was a struggle cos I always shy away from anything remotely bright!!! But it turned out OK in the end and considering the headache I had, it was nothing short if a miracle I can tell you!!!

More in a sec.

Picture 001 copy So this is what I did. I used an older Tilda for a change and used Copics in the following colours -

B0000, B00, B02, C00, E00, E23, E50, E33, E35, R0000, R11, RV0000, RV00, RV02, RV10, RV21

The punch is of course the wonderful MS Doily Lace Punch and those gorgeous papers are GCD Eye Candy.

Copics, the MSBP and papers are all available from Tracy at Dies To Die For

blooms

The gorge blooms are all Wild Orchid Crafts – I LOVE them :)

Picture 006 copyAnd that's the old card peeps.

Oh the headache I had yesterday – and it wasn't all to do with the bright coloures.

I mentioned that they were doing the trees and were going to turn off the power.  9am came and went and I thought I had gotten away with it and I was actually on the phone to Marcea and was just saying that maybe we had got away with it when off it went. 

Well that will teach me!!!

So into girl guide mode I went and got out me billy can and matches so at least I could have a hot drink. One of the trees they were trimming / felling was an old dead one that sort of hangs over the aviaries. Well as some of  our birds are still on eggs, Richard was NOT happy about this and of course I was here and he wasn't so I had to go and try and sort it out, which I did.  And bless them,they are coming back at a later date, so I am so grateful to them for that.  But then I had the noise from the chainsaws pretty much all day long – grrr!!!

I thought that once they’d finished, peace and quiet would return.  But once they switched the electric back on, next doors flamin alarm started going off. No probs usually but I think they are away. It did eventually stop after about an hour (only to resume again at 4.30am this morning , the */:&%^£ thing),  so consequently by this time, I was reaching for the paracetamol.

But we got there in the end as we usually do. I was so fed up though that I went and bought a pack of leerdamer cheese and some croissants to cheer meself up. I haven’t dared check out the WW website for how many points the combination of bad boys has. Sometimes ignorance is bliss –  yes, and sand and ostriches heads spring to mind!!!

So in a damage limitations exercise (literally), we are off on the bikes again later. I will have to do a fair bit of pedalling to shift that lot :(  I am psyching meself up as I am typing lol xxx

Have a great day and see you on Sunday if not before. I have a bit of news re the AFA challenge as well which I will share with you then.

Huggiest of hugs lovely peeps. xxx

12 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Dawny! Love the HOT pinks! So fun! Adorable image and perfect masking. Beautiful flower accents too. :)

Sharon said...

An ADORABLE card Dawny. Love it!!

Claire said...

Hot pinks are good - adorable card Dawn and just love that image! Hugs, Claire x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dawny,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.

Toni Hughes said...

Gorgeous card dawny love the bright colours I have the same prob here with noise but it from young ones with no job drinking too much and breaking windows in a rage oh for peace and quiet lol hugs Toni

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card! xx

Diane said...

Oh she is adorable!!! I've got a top the same color on today!
Beautiful colors and beautiful card!

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful!

Judi said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the colours, your Tilda, EVERYTHING!

Have a great weekend.

Judi xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and such lovely colours - I love pink x

cheryl said...

once again hun this is stunning,gorjus colurs detail supurb,hugs cheryl xxxx

Craftbugmum said...

Lovely card dawn. I must get some of these flowers and have a go they look beautiful
Fi xx