Sunday 13 September 2009

Something Different

Well it is a bit different for me, cos it isn't my usual 6x6 card.
It's actually 2 of them stuck together and trimmed to make a card that is this shape -

I tell you peeps, it isn't easy to photograph - or maybe that's just me lol xxxx
We did this type of card at card club on Monday so I thought I'd use it for our Anyone For Anya challenge which this week is Pink & White + 1. So as you could use any other colour, I went for my fave pale pistachio!!!

And I just had to use my new Dahlia stamp which I got this week from the fabulous Dies To Die For. How sweet is she!!!! I coloured her with the usual pens and blingy stuff. The papers are Pink Petticoat (spotty) and the ginghams are Funky Fairy.

The sentiment is from a Woodware set - sorry I cannot remember which one :(

The button is from my stash box and the ribbon is from a local warehouse. I coloured the string with the PMs so that it matched the green on the flower in Dahlia's hair.

This is what it looks like all fastened up. Nip over and check out the blog peeps cos there is a lovely stamp up for grabs this week and some fabulous cards by the team for you to feast yer eyes on :)xxx

Did anybody see......

The Happy Mondays last night on that Ghosthunting prog with Yvette Fielding? Now I know the language was a bit fruity to say the least but I tell you, it was hysterical. For a start. I only have to look at Bez and I smile. But watching him and the others having their melons twisted by 'whoever or whatever' was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

If you missed it and it ever gets repeated, you have to watch it. Be warned, as I say they are a bit Anglo-Saxon with their choice of wordage but even so .....

My lot think the whole prog is a big set up and maybe they are right but I cannot make up my mind to be honest. Possibly there is a bit of crew jiggery pokery but maybe not all of it is.

I'm quite a logical person (no, I am really!!) and I think that if out of all the gazillions of ghost stories you hear, if only one of them is genuine then it must be true. I've lived in a house where all sorts of things went on and the bathroom was very scary. I didn't know until much later that somebody actually died in there. Ohhh-errrrr!!!

And Emma is convinced that in this house, she saw somebody standing looking out of the window on two seperate occasions. One was late one night as she was coming up the lane home. She thought it was either me or Richard but we were both fast asleep ( as she was driving, she was totally sober). And one was in the day time when she drove past on her way to work from dropping Kyla off at nursery. I was in my office and nowhere near the window - not even in that room.

No expanation for either incident.

Anyway, before I scare meself silly - cos I such a wimp re these things - I am off to do some work. I hope that you all have a fab Sunday and that you get to enjoy the lovely weather we are supposed to be having until mid week.

Take care and hugs to all xxxx

15 comments:

Mary J said...

I know what you mean Dawn - I can scare myself silly very easily although I do consider myself a logical person too! I love your creation - so pretty! You've inspired to have a go at making a card that it not all square edged!

carol said...

hello...oh i just love this card, infact i need to go and make a one just like it.Thanks for the inspiration, x carol

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is a great card and definitely differnet, love it. I have that image and adore her. Great colouring. Marianne x

Beth said...

Oooh, the whole thought of ghosts terrifies me, I'm happy to believe they are real as long as I never see one!! I'm such a wuss!
Gorgeous card sweetie, I love the extra colour you've added! I hope you're having a lovely sunday!

Beth xx

SallyB said...

Hiya Dawny...I love this fold up card..it is so lovely and the papers..ribbon and button!
Now I am a big sceptic as well and I still don't know if I saw what I saw or if the emotional part of the brain was tricking me but the night of the day my mum died I woke up and was sure she was standing in my bedroom looking out of the window...and it was like the bit at the end of 'Ghost' when Patrick Swayze glows up and walks into the light.... She looked lovely...all bonde hair ...like an angel! Who Knows..eh!

Carolyn said...

Such a beautiful card Dawny. I just love different layouts. It gets the creative juices flowing. Your image is very cute.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the shape of your card! Lovely colour combo, those powder colours. Love the image and also the details you have added.

Liefs, Renata

Beccy said...

Not at all sceptical I def think there are ghosts - but not to sure about Yvette and her team I think they tend to make things up if nothing is happening!!!!!

Oh yeah and the card is brilliant love the shape.

Beccy x

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa

Eek it's been too long since I stopped by, this full time work malarkey is a right pain!!

Love your Anya and the shape is gorgeous.. beautiful colouring too

hugs
Dawn
xx

Victoria said...

fab card Dawny, love the fold over look.

Didn't see it but wish I had, Mondays remind me of being a student (how old)I used to go and watch the Mondays loads (being a Manc lass!)

Victoria
x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Dawn, I've not seen this style before but its brilliant :) Donna x

cheryl said...

this is so cute love the soft colurs too love cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great card nice card shape will have to try that one! love the colours, such a cute stamp too!

Jacee said...

Lovely card Dawny, always nice to see something a little different and this fab! I've taped the prog you mention so I'll look forward to watching that, I like anything 'ghosty'. Sounds a bit spooky at your place Ohhhhhh, LOL

Angela Toucan said...

oooooooh she looks so cute.

And I love your blog header

Angela