Saturday 20 June 2009

Summery Tilda xxxx

The challenge at Just Magnolia this week is Summer and I think Tilda looks very summery sitting on a log in the meadow in the sunshine.

Here's me card :))x

I did a bit of masking for this - 3 different stamps here, and this is the first time I've used the background stamp. I coloured most if it with the usual PMs and Glamour Dust combi, but I used chalks for the sky and I wanted a more subtle look.

The papers are Nitwits - Summer Breeze - and the ribbon is from a local floristry warehouse near me. I love the colour cos it is so fresh.


You can see the paper a bit better here, and also the little gems which I got from Creative Pastimes in Ellesmere Port.

Pretty aren't they :)x


The sentiment is from a Woodware set

Plenty of dimension here.
I doubled up the foam pads on the image so it was really raised.

And that's it.

I am quite pleased with how this turned out. I think mainly cos I like those colours.

Kyla is making cakes as I am doing this post.
I will have one of these cos we know that they are spit/snot/mucky fingers free. And I am so glad that I am not the only one who makes up excuses not to eat their 'not home made' offerings. These cakes are only out of a packet (Mary Baker meets Dora The Explorer!!) but she loves doing them. If I get chance, I'll treat you to a pic when I next post so you can enjoy them too!!

Bet you can barely wait lol xxx

I might be back later cos I have nearly finished another challenge card, but if events overtake me - as they often do in this house - then I'll see ya tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend, despite the weather, which is grey and overcast here. Wish I was sitting in that meadow with Tilda cos the weather looks far far nicer there :(xx

Hugs xxxx

18 comments:

Mandi said...

Fabby card Dawny, your colouring is just perfect

Enjoy the cakes lkol

mandi xx

Penni said...

Hi Dawny

Love this summery card.

Perfect masking, with these 3 stamps. A background stamp makes all the difference, adding depth and detail - might have to spend some money there lol!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Dawn said...

Awww this is just gorgeous Dawny...
Such beautiful colours...


Have a great weekend

Hugs

Dawn
xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dawny, I love the little scene you've created it look fab hugs Jill xx

helen said...

lovely jubbly !! fab card hon, love the scene and the paper is gorgeous
hugs
helen x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Wow Dawny
This is so pretty I love the dp papers so fresh!

Emma xxx

Kim Costello said...

Stunning card Dawny and love the dimension too! So summery and beautifully coloured! As for the leaves on my latest card I simply stamped with versamark and heated with clear embossing powder then cut out! Thanks for your lovely comment, HuGs Kim :)

Julie said...

A lovely card Dawny, very summery, in fact a lot more summery than the weather we've been having lately

sharon said...

blumming fatastically gorgeous hun,xx
ps..me loves that jam also.x

Marcea said...

This is beautiful Dawny, I love it!!! So impressed with all that masking and I agree - the colours are gorgeous. Fabby details too - ooh you are far too clever for your own good. Look forward to the cake piccie but of course I would really need to sample the cake for the true experience ... oh well, less calories this way!!
Have a lovely Sunday ... think we are going to fire up the barbie :o)
-x-

ella bella said...

gorgeous card Dawny love the layout and the scene you have created.
beautiful work
Tracy x

Donalda said...

Hello dear friend!! As always your work is just breathe taking dear. I so love the scene you have made here and so beautiful colored as always dear. Still working 5-5 and they say next month is even worse but do try to visit when I can. Big hugs dear friend

Jacee said...

Lovely Dawny, what gorgoes colours, so fab together, and that ribbon just finishes it a treat, (think I know the warehouse you mean, go there myself sometimes) the dimension you have added is just the ticket, fab, fab, fab, love it!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dwany,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty little card Dawny, love the way you have mounted it on the 3D pads :) Donna x

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful! Love the butterfly background and Tilda is just adorable! Fabulous card, Dawny! hugs!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Love this card dear Dawny such fabulous colours and cute image your colouring is fabulous.I hope you and your family had a good day
Hugs and love
Claudia

Anonymous said...

a fabulous summery card Dawny, great detail..love the shimmer. hugs rachxx