Thursday 5 March 2009

A Fair Few Challenges & Fab News To Share xxx

The wanderer returns lol xxx That's me, not this lil cutie btw !!

And I do have some fab news, but more of that in a sec, although I know some of you have already twigged and some of you knew already.

I thought I would use my new stamps to do some challenges. Both stamps are from the very wonderful Wild Rose Studio. And of course, I had to colour them with my Pro Marker bad boys - nothing else would do!!! I also had a bit of a dabble with my Sakura Glaze pens as well - just to give a bit of depth to some of the colour.

So this is my card for 2 challenges, Mojo Monday, which is based on a sketch, and a gorgeous one it is as well. And I also did the Colour Create challenge which this week is blue and brown. Well with such delish colours, how could I not!!

The papers are both Tinker & Co and the ribbon is Poppicrafts scrummy grosgrain loveliness, and I used the last bit here - cry cry!!!. I found the button in the bottom of my button box so I have not the first clue where it came from, but I'm glad I found it cos it was the just the job I thought :))x


There is an added extra for Colour Create ie you can add lace and pearls. Well girls, I managed the pearls and I did originally put some lace on it, but at the last minute I took it off cos I thought it looked a bit pants actually!!!

And I thought I'd also have a basho at this weeks Sketch & Stash, which is a sketch, and you use your newest stash on your card. So I thought that this yummy hunny bunny was perfect for the sketch, and it is a brand new stamp.

ohhh nasty pic here with that green but IRL it is a lot less harsh on the old eye balls. I may re-take this in better light and re-post it tomorrow. I may even re-take it using Emma's new camera which has loads more pixels than mine and cost about 1/10th of what my beggar did!!!

That camera needs a good slap sometimes. It is getting on a bit now, but aren't we all lol xxxx. It was an all singing all dancing one when I got it in 2003 but it is a bit behind the times now, poor thing. Sadly, I know how it feels xxx

But meanwhile, back at the blog .....

The papers and sentiment are PP and the brads and ribbon are Poppicrafts. Again I used the Sakura Glaze Pens over the little eggs and I gave it a dusting of Glamour Dust. I also decoupaged the ears and feet for a bit more dimension.

Not sure if you can see it better here or not.

Well you have probably guessed what my good news is, cos I did give a pretty big clue in my Willow Sketchie post earlier, but in case you missed it, I will now reveal!!

I am soooo pleased to tell you that I am a fully fledged member of Dulcie's Wild Rose Design team. I am chuffed as chuffed can be to be chosen, and not only do I get to play with these wonderful stamps but I also get to work with some pretty amazing and awesome girls as well, including one of my fave bloglies, the brilliant Leann who I just love to bits.

So that's my news which I am truly thrilled to share.

So on that happy happy note, I am off to see what Kath's been up to cos I just saw she's posted and I am a nosey sod, and then I am off to me bed complete with pjs (we're in the cotton ones now cos it's a bit warm for wyncyette), hot choccie and me book. Ohh I tell you, if aliens ever landed in our garden, they would do an about turn so goddam fast and hot foot it straight back to Planet Zanussi or wherever they came from cos quite frankly, I don't think they could cope with the excitement lol xxx

Night lovely peeps xxxxx

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crickey you have been busy Missus!!!
fab creations as always...
`Congrats` on your DT News..Yaah..way to go...
:)♥

Kathy said...

I just love reading your blog entries Dawny! They are so entertaining and I love hearing the slang from your part of the world!
Congrats on your news that is so fabulous!!
Also your cards are just gorgeous!! Love the images and the colors in both are beautiful!! Have a great night!! :)Kathy

Marcea said...

Hunny, I have missed your crazy ramblings so much. Wow and double wow at your fab news babe - so deserved you talented little piggy!! Wonderful cards babe, lovethem both!!!!! Can't wait to see all your fab creations with your new goodies :o)
Sleep tight - bit chilly here hun, need more than my hot choccy :o)
-x-

Joey said...

Hiya Dawny, as your off to be nosey at Kaths I saw you had posted and came to be nosey here lol. fabulous cards, I love the cleaniness of your work, gorgeous colours too. Congrats on the dt!. joey.xxx

Kath Stewart said...

and here's Mrs Nosey herself....gorgeous scrummylicious cards as always and I am over the moon at your good news....well done you....means we get to see more of your fabbiness....and I am going to Harrogate....can you walk to there....because I would just love to hug you to bits
Luv Kath xxxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin both cards, so so pretty.

Julie said...

Congrats on your DT news Dawny. Two fabby cards as per usuals, I lurve the first one.

Susie Sugar said...

Congratulaations on the DT Dawny , your cards are fab darling really stunning
Love Susie xx
ps I have blog candy on my blog come along and enter .....you never know!! xx

Enfys said...

Hi Dawny,
Well done on the DT thingie, lucky you playing with gorgeous stamps, can't wait to see what wondrous stuff you come up with. Love all your cards, especially the blue and brown. Cotton PJ's? Where are you, Chester del sol? It's still thermal knickers here I can tell you. Shouldn't go over to that Kath, she's been busy spending money all day..........
hugs
En xx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn, I love the images. Congratulations on the DT news

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, and congrats on your great news!!
Clairex

SallyB said...

Congrats on joining the Wild Rose Design Team. I'm still waiting for some time to use my bunny. I've got the ribbon all ready anyway.
We are away this weekend...do you think it would be rude to take a bag with craft stash to make a few cards in the middle of the night?
see ya soon.

Riet said...

oh woww Dawny,what a beautiful cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Mrs Wonka said...

Stunning cards as usual Dawny and HUGE congratulations on your DT place.

Mrs W x

Leann said...

I loves you more!!!!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, they so cute. Congratulations on your DT so well deserved.

Sue said...

Firstly many congratulations to you that is great news.
Your cards are stunning as always luv the images, gorgeous papers n colours well its all gorgeous.
Your blog so does crack me up, really puts a smile on my face, im off to be nosey now to!!! Sue.xx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hunny well done dear thats great newsbt no surprise you always give us such great eye candy. Love these 2 that little rabbit is just so cute nd I love the spring like feel of the card. have a good weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui xxxxz

DillyDilly said...

Great fresh looking cards & well done on the DT spot. Hugs Dillyx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. I love the gingham with that scrummy polkadot ribbon. Your image is really cute too. Congrats on your DT appoinment & wishing you loads of luck with it. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Donalda said...

Your cards are just beautiful dear I love them both. And big congrats to you dear on your wonderful news. Just the greatest dear

Allison said...

lovely cards, love the colours
AllisonX

Allison said...

lovely cards, love the colours
AllisonX

Cathy said...

Grogeous cards Dawny. I love both of them, but that juggling bunny is adorable. Great papers and colour combos.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Bev said...

Two cards full of total yumminess babes - love the fresh spring colours and the images are just sooo cute!! Your cards have such a feel good factor and always make me smile (soft sod that I am lol) xxx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful cards hun! Well done on the DT position! hugs Heidi xxx

Jill said...

stunning cards Dawn and I love the images and papers you've used. aww I'm so pleased for you on your new DT position well done hugs Jill xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawny......The cards as always are pretty.....I love the detail on them....the colours on the first one are my favourite.....

Congrats on your designer team position....I hope it brings you a lot of fun and creativity......

Chris said...

Oh Dawny, your cards are beautiful! Love those cute stamps and big congrats on your new DT position, I hope you have lots of fun with it and there'll be a bit more excitement round at you place LOL! Hope that cotton is right up to the neck, it's still a bit chilly! Chris x

Lesley said...

hi huni!!! fab card...there is a little something 4 u on my blog!! luv n hugs Lesley xxx

sharon said...

YOO HO dAWNY, SOOOO PLEASED FOR YOU, you deserve the recognition hun and I'm so pleased you were chosen..huggles Sx

Enfys said...

I saw that you were dragging your poor hubby screaming into crafty spendalot land and just popped over to say have a fab time
hugs
En xx

Stacey said...

Congrats on your fab news Dawny! You totally deserve it, as these gorgeous creations prove! ~♥~

Clare said...

Oh you make me laugh! Congrats on becoming DT for Wild rose studio. Their stamps are fab and I'l sure you'll have a good time. Love, Clare x

Beth said...

Congratulations Dawny! That's fabulous news! I love the cards you've made and the stamps are so cute! xx

Jules said...

Hi Dawny

Congratulations on the DT position - well deserved. Your cards are just great.

Love Jules xx

Macpurp said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I hope you have great fun on this DT !
these cards are both beautiful!

much love tina x

Louise said...

Fab cards Dawny and many congratulations on your news, how exciting!! Cant wait to see your creations.
Louise x

Anonymous said...

Dawny

Well done on making the dies to die for design team .. looking forward to seeing your creations.

Debbie
x

Anonymous said...

Hey hunnie :)
gorgeous creations all around, my I could spend all night on your blog!! lol
Are you still going to the NEC?
I'll be there Thursday and Friday.. give us a quick mail if you can be luvly to see you again :)
Marlene xx

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Dawny and congratulations on your new DT role!
Thanks for joining in with S&S.

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Dawny! I love your stamp and congratulations on your DT news!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Dawn said...

You're a funny lady - always make me smile!! and congrats on the DT Dawny - you will do wonders with those cutey stamps - these cards are just yummy!

Dawn
xx

simplyfairies said...

Well done you, I am not surprised, oh my you are fgoing to be a really busy bee aren't you!!