Sunday 14 December 2008

One More Day ......

It's been a funny old day.

I got up this morning and had a sudden realisation that this would be the last time I woke up as a 40 something. How bizarre - and also how sad!!!!! Now I don't mean it's sad that I won't be 40 something anymore, although it will. I mean how sad that I thought that!!!!

Anyway, I have decided the embrace the whole 50 thing . Well, when I say embrace, what I really mean is that I am going to just get me big girl knickers on and deal with it. Failing that, I am going to do what Liz at PP says I should do when asked how old I am and just lie lol xxxx

So today we went out for lunch, just the 5 of us, and very nice it was too.

I don't know how many of you have birthdays at this time of year but I can tell you it's rotten. Richard always used to take me out to dinner but we invariably got caught up in some office party or the likes. A few years ago, we went to a really nice but fairly rural pub only to find ourselves in the middle of a bunch of the strangest peeps I ever met!!! They probably thought the same about is lol xxx They were all in competition to see who could be the loudest and impress Mr Boss Man, who very clearly loved being Mr Boss Man – ohhh you could soooo tell that he was loving the fawning and forelock tugging of his staff (he probably referred to them as his ‘subordinates’). The top hat of this was that in the middle of dinner, they did their bran tub thing and started dishing out prezzies, accompanied by extra extra loud cheering and guffawing lol xxxx

The following year, we went to a VERY posh hotel near here and ended up being the only 2 in the restaurant. It was probably a combination of the extortionate prices and the fact that there was a corporate murder mystery thing going on in another room and this was where the action was at. I spent all evening trying to cover up my cleavage from the obviously bored waiter who had nowt better to do than peer down my top trying to look at my bazoomas!!!! Ohh naughty pervy rudey waiter. You could not make it up. We gave up after that one!!!

Now we aren’t a pair of miserable old bah humbug sort of sods (yet lol xx) who begrudge anyone else a larff. Indeed those of you who know me, can vouch for the fact that I can be the life and soul when I want to be. But when it’s ya birthday and ya lovely fella takes you out for some tasty grub and fine wine, I’d rather not have the hokey cokey, YMCA and the ruddy Macarena at 80 decibels in the background.

Now 3 rather fab things.

I went into Creative Pastimes on Saturday (Happy Birthday Billy xx) and came face to face with a vision of wonderfullness that made me want to whoop out loud with joy. For Jan has only gone and got a Pro Marker stand and now sells them in every fab colour you can think of - as singles!!

Woooooooo hoooooooo!!

I can hear Michael Winner telling me to 'calm down dear, it's only a pen'!!! Ha, what does he know cos OMG they are just drool worthy.

And the second fab thing?
Look what my lovely kind and wonderful friend Jacqui gave me.


The rules are to give it to five others, who shall give it to five others.. You shall link the one you got it from, and also the ones you give it to:) And let them know. And there is more... You have to write down five things you are addicted to.
Well that would be -
My family, espesh our Kyla
Cheddar Cheese
Jelly sweets
MyPro Markers and MSBP - is that 2??
The whole card making thingie

Thank you soo much Jacquie - I can say hand on heart that you are one of the most sweetest, nicest and kindest people in Blogland - not to mention one of the most talented as well and I just love and am in awe of your work xxxxxx
As it's Chrimbly soon, I'm going to pass this on to everyone who visits and reads my inane drivvle and takes the time and trouble to leave me such lovely comments. If you havent got this, consider it yours with my love and best wishes xxxx

I did say that there were 3 fab things, so the third?

Well guess who has only gone and won Simply Cards & Papercraft Cardmaker of The Year?

only Mrs Kath.

I know most people know but if you haven't yet seen it, check it out here.

Well done Kath. You know I love everything you do and I am so chuffed for you - you do so flippin deserve it xxxx

This is my last post before I am THAT age, but I will be back manana for sure with the one and only card I made this week following my lergiest of lergies.

Normal service is to be resumed soon.
Huggles and love xxxxx

21 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

happy birthday

what's a lergie?

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Dawny - Trust me, life really does begin at 50!!!!!!!! Lots of love, Ann xxx

Cheryl said...

Dear Dawny.....I just had to pop over and wish you Happy Birthday.......
A day perhaps for quiet reflection......life takes us through many journeys......and the decisions we make help us to grow and hopefully we become better people.......

I wish you much happiness today my friend......I know that you are deserving.......your kindness and caring are evident........

So celebrate your 50th.....it is only a number, it is who we are that is important.....have a wonderful, wonderful day......

Shell said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday Dawny happy birthday to you!!!!!!! hope you have a wonderful day.
pmsl at your past birthday's, but did you really have to tell us about the pro markers guess where i'm goin when kev gets home from work heheand it's all your fault i want no need them all...
take care shell x

Diane.W. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWNY!!!!! :O)X

Kath Stewart said...

Happy Birthday "old gal"...hope you are feeling better after your lurgy and as usual you tickled me big time morning...hope you have a fabulous day enjoying your big birthday.
Lots of Love & Kisses
Kath
xxxxxx

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday Dawny hoping that you have a good day, whats a number eh?? Thanks for info about promarkers,guess where i will be off to :)
Hugs Sonia xx

Anonymous said...

`Happy Birthday` Dawny:)
Enjoy every minute....
Loved reading your post!!!
Big(((hugs))) to all:)~X~

Pauline C said...

Happy birthday Dawny!! Have a good one hun! Sorry I didn't know in enough advance to send you a card but hugs anyway :-) You're gonna be soooo "nifty at fifty! " LOL!
Pauline x

craft mad Jenny said...

ooh - hope you had a great birthday anyway!

Macpurp said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday my dearest Dawnieeeeee!
Happy Birthday to you,!

Hope you have a magical day filled with more then 50 things or thoughts that make you smile!

I have lost a few friends in the last wee while, one aged 24 so to me reaching 50 is a huge reason to celebrate!
I am so glad you are my bloggy friend!
And finally ....single promarkers!!!
wooooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!

much love xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Happy, happy Birthday Dawny - big, big hugs.....xx

Jill said...

Happy Birthday hun ohh you make me laugh with your stories it's the way you tell them I can picture myself sitting there lol hugs Jill xx

Penny said...

Happy, happy birthday from me Dawny! I hope you are having the most wonderful and special day ever!:)

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you dawny, hope you have had a wonderful day darl.

don't ya get fed up of family saying on y abirthday..."it's a joint birthday/xmas present"... well they do to me....lol

sue
xx

Chris said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dawny hope it's a fab day for you... wishing you every happiness and hoping that you get rid of the dreaded lurgy real quick.
hugs
Chris xx

Karin said...

Happy Birthday Dawny,
Saw it's a special day on Papertake!

Hope you had a great day (sorry my english is not so well, hope you will understand!)

Greetz Karin

simplyfairies said...

Happy birthdaysDawny, and never would I believe that you are that age, you just can't be!!!

Mrs Mayne said...

Happy Birthday Dawny!!!! :) xxx

Ali Watson said...

Happy Birthday Dawny!! Have a good one!!!!!

Rach said...

sorry that i am late Dawny in wishing you a happy birthday....
but a huge happy birthday wish to you sweetie for yesterday...hugs rachxx