Thursday 11 September 2008

A Right Pair!!!!!

No I'm not talking about the cards!!!! My flippin cold has now developed into an achey, snotty nosed (wayyyy TMI - sorry) sore throat of a cold, and to top it all, my Emma has got shingles!!!!
Anyway ....

This one is actually for someone - can't say who - but it is also for the Spoonful of Sugar challenge which this week is based on one of Nikkie's fabulous sketches. I loved doing this one I have to say and I am so getting into using my Pro Markers that I rather think my watercolours and Prismas are a thing of the past??? I NEVER thought I would say that, but I just love them. The papers are PP and the ribbons are the completely gorgeous Raspberry Ribbons. The blooms are Poppicrafts and the bling is from
Creative Pastimes in Ellesmere Port. Hi girls xxxx

Now if you read my post earlier in the week, you will know that I made a card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge,which this week is One For The Girls, and only realised once I had made it that I hadn't actually used a Penny Black image!!! Sadly, this is true lol xxx Now I don't actually have many PB stamps, and the ones I have are either for Christmas or Easter. So I was just about to have a diva strop cos I can't go and buy any just now due to a) just buying the Pro Markers and b) being the wrong side of pay day (cry cry). Then I remembered my lovely blog bug Jill had sent me some PB images - thanks chicken xxx - so I used one of them !! Paper is again PB, the ribbon is from Hobbycraft andf the little sentiment is from ScrapNFonts - Frilly Words. Pearly stuff is from Creative Pasimes in Ellesmere Port. And that punched border???? Well this is my new Fiskars Threading Water punch which I got here but which sadly are out of stock at the mo (another cry cry lol xxx)

TFS and hope you all have a nice, sniff free day - unlike me :( xxxx

33 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the images they're so cute, would love the promarkers if I could get the tops off!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

OOoooh - poor you and poor Emma - ouch!

These cards are fabulous! Love the colour scheme and fabby designs as always....Take it easy xx

Stacey said...

Love the layouts and the colour combos ~x~

Macpurp said...

lovely cards, hope you & Emma feel better soon xx

Mary Dawn said...

oh dawny! these are both just gorgeous,i love the neutral colors, and the girl on her quilt...i want her LOL i hope your cold is gone soon, nothing worse than an achey snotty nosed sore throat of a cold! hee

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dawny, I love the colour tones and your fantastic colouring, beautiful layouts and if you need more BP stamped let me know as the ink I stamped those with was stazon and this tends to bleed a bit with pro markers, I'm now using Versafine. Hope you're feeling better and sorry to hear about Emma's shingles, Hugs Jill x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Dawny love the colour combo and how jealous am I - you have that elusive punch...ooh scrummy ribbon - hope you are feeling better soon ans thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
Kath
xxxxx

Rach said...

gorgeous cards Dawny, such lovely colours..
I hope that Emma feels better soon oooh shingles...not nice..!
hope you loose the snotty nose too...ewwwww!
hugs Rachxxx

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards Dawny, I love the colours combos. Sorry to hear you and Emma are both ill, I hope you'll be feeling better soon

Liza said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the images and the colours that you have used.

Liza x

Sammie said...

Are you feeling sorry for yourself by any chance. I've never seen you make so many "cry, cry" comments LOL! Well you've made me smile. Sorry you are still under the weather, but surely it makes for a crafty way of getting more crafting time?!?!
with Get Well Soon hugs,
SammieJay xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two gorgeous cards Dawny and your colouring is beautiful, thanks for using my sketch, Hugs, Nikki x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Sorry Dawny, Forgot to say hope you and Emma are better soon hun, Hugs, Nikki x

MeandLilG said...

Beautiful cards - are they done using glue dots or did you sneeze? xx

Tiff said...

Your cards are darling :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card dawny love the colours, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Honey, love both of these what great colours you have used. Both such pretty cards, I am going to give in and get some of these border punches you rave about, I need to be in the loop Ha!ha!
Hugs Jacqui x

Sue said...

Brilliant, these are absolutely gorgeous dawny,sorry to hear you're not well,hope ya feel better soon darl.BIG hugs to you and Emma :)

sue
xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh poor baby, hope you are feeling better, love your cards.

Catherine said...

both of your cards are absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards, I love that colour combi and they are lovely designs....

nessy said...

what wonderful cards!! so gorgeous!!
do hope your cold gets better very soon , i have one of those sore throats coming and going ~so i know that nose is going to follow very soon ~and i will need the tissues!! :~(
vanessa xx
ps thanks for visiting my blog ~i`ll be back!

Pauline C said...

Awww gorgeous! Hope you're soon feeling better hun. I have quite a lot of PB stamps so if you want any images just email me via my blog :-)
Pauline x

Unknown said...

Those colours look absolutely lovely - great cards ... all of them!

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Dawn :) I have tried several times to leave you message and my blogger wont allow :( your cards are really beautiful!!! and thanks for the kind comments you left for me. For some unknown reason there are a few blogs I cant leave comments, hope this one publishes for me, :) x

Leann said...

Aaaawww, babes, hope you're feeling better soon :( Love to Emma too, fingers crossed it doesn't get too bad for her.

Rather gorgeous cards however, how brilliant are ProMarkers??!! Mmmmm, I lurves mine ;)

Big get better hugs x x x

Maria Matter said...

These cards are just gorgeous!!!
But, oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues! I have a daughter Emma. I pray healing comes to you both, quickly! Take care!
Blessings, Maria

Enfys said...

These are fabulous, specially since you are all full of cold - I recommend a hot toddy and a good book :) Get well soon xx

Debbie said...

Great cards Dawny and I love your colouring with your pro markers. Hope you and Emma will be feeling better soon. Debbie x

Diane.W. said...

2 gorgeous cards.
Hope you & Emma feel better soon!!! :o)x

Mrs Wonka said...

Ohhh you are so funny, that really made me laugh because I had uploaded a Forever Friends image for my Penny Black Challenge! LOL

Mrs Wonka x

Bev said...

Amazing cards Dawny - how you get your bows to perfect ever time is beyond me. Love the colours and images on both cards - stunning!!!

hugs Bev x

Trina said...

These are both amazing cards!! I love your coloring and layouts!! And those bows are to die for!! Awesome!!