Wednesday 14 March 2012

Top Of The Mornin To Ya xxx

sp

Moring lovely peeps and as it’s St Patrick’s Day on Saturday, the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week is all about

A Bit o’ Green

Well as my Aunty Chrissie would say, sure to be sure :) 
OK maybe I exaggerated that bit  but she does say ‘turd’ instead of third which used to amuse us when we were kids no end!!!!  I just love the wonderful lilting Irish accent.

So however you say it, there is a whopper of a voucher up for grabs ….

…  and one lucky girlie will get to go on a spending spree ….

Simon Says Stamp

…. right here :)

This week the DT are showcasing  Hero Arts products and between us,  you will see the HUGE variety of products that Hero Arts has – in fact there are over 2100 products available at the store so if you get a sec, nip over and have a mooch.

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did.

I will have to confess something here. I bobbed over and got the challenge from our DT blog a few weeks ago and started making the card last week. It was only after it was finished that I realised that  although I had used Hero Arts products, there was not a scrap of green on it anywhere. 

Well what a dozy dimwit – yet another senior moment!!

So I had to make another one very quickly. You’ll notice that unusually for moi, there is no image but this was because I to wanted to focus on that fabulous flower ….

Picture 005c copy

It was made from these sets …..

*Hero Arts Clear Stamps TO FROM PETALS 2011 CL526        *Hero Arts Clear Stamps MANY DOTS 2011 CL519

… which are To From Petals and  Many Dots - if you click the pics they will take you to the right place at the Simon Says Stamp store.

I stamped them straight onto some paper from the My Minds Eye Life of The Party 6 x 6 Paper Pack

*My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 LIFE OF THE PARTY Paper Pad LT1113

.. which is one of my fave MME paper packs, and I then added some Rangers Liquid Pearls in white.

Picture 004c copy

The frame was made from the Florentine Message Border set …

*Hero Arts Clear Stamps FLORENTINE MESSAGE BORDER 2011 CL530

.. and I stamped frame one onto white card and another onto pink, then cut the middle out of the pink one and layered it onto the white one. There is a little dimension but you can’t really see it in the pics.

Picture 002c copy

Other stuff I used ……

*E8-001 Spellbinders CLASSIC SCALLOP Edgeabilities Dies       *Magnolia LEAF & SWIRL Doohickeys Cutting Dies

… just for a change!!!!

Picture 003c copy

So there we are all done with the card for today. 

I’ll be back tomorrow and if you get a sec, make a date not to miss it cos there will be something a bit special going on here, plus there’s another blast from the past as well :)

Have a fab day and also just to say once again a Happy St Patricks Day for Saturday to all our lovely Irish friends and in particular to my lovely Irish friend Joyce and Aunty Chrissie too  xxx

Huggiest of hugs to all xxxxx

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love all the stamps you used and the whole design is fantastic ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Dawny, Love the colour combo and that flower is wonderful, love all the stamps :))
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny,
Fabulous card sweetie. Great colours and I love that huge flower.
Must say I enjoy reading your bits in the Papercraft and Cardmaking magazine - very informative and inspirational.
hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny, love your card, also without an image, totally fab! Hugs, Frea

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is just over the top stunning, my dear! I really love the layering and the way you embellished the flower!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Berry said...

Totally stunning work dawny so eye catching love it all! hugs Rebekah xx

Cori said...

Very pretty, love the colors! Thank you for sharing

Cori said...

Very pretty, love the colors! Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous Dawney
Well Done
Hugs Elaine

debby4000 said...

Oh Dawny I love your card its gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Lisa H. said...

beautiful! love the pink and green and the pretty layout. soo lovely!

cats whiskers said...

Stunning Dawny Dear, I love that flower, and the colours arew just awesome together
Hugs
Jacs xx