Tuesday 6 March 2012

Here Comes The Hot Stepper :)

Picture 006c copy

Hi there me darlins and hope you are all enjoying this lovely Spring day today :)

It’s that time of the week when we head on over to good old Papertake Weekly and see what’s happening, and today we have one of our

Anything Goes

themes for your with the option of adding something shrink plastic. I bet loads of you have a pack of it somewhere in your stash, so why not get it out and see what you can do with it. Of course, you don’t have to peeps if you don’t want to cos it is only an option :)

We have a fabby voucher from Lili Of The Valley up for grabs so if you get a sec, check it all out :)

So ….

Picture 001c copy

… this is what I did.

I went for something a bit different from my usual 6 x 6 card base. I used one of the gorgeous Elegant Step Card blanks  which the lovely Paula from Which Craft UK sent me to have a play with. They look like you’ve spent hours on your card but in fact they take very little work and you end up with something quite special I think.

The image is one of the new Lili Of The Valley releases -  she is Dainty Dancing and very sweet indeedy.

I coloured Miss Twinkle Toes with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E42, E50, E81

The rest – E81, RV0000, RV000, RV00

The papers are from the Grin n Bear It collection from Nitwits

Picture 004c copy 

I used the Magnolia Doily Flowers from Simon Says Stamp to make this bloom and topped it off with one of those pretty little pink two tone blossoms from The Ribbon Girl.

Sweet :)

Picture 005c copy

This is where the shrink plastic comes in.

I punched a heart (oooo errr!!) from the plastic then coloured it with Copic RV00 and then shrank it down.  Then I attached it to a double bow made from cream vintage seam binding and topped it off with another blossom.

Picture 003c copy

3 things here which I love a LOT -

Ivory pleated Satin ribbon, topped with some cream tiny ric rac, both from The Ribbon Girl and a bit of paper lace (no I won't do the Billy Don’t Be A Hero thing again!!) made from my well used and much loved Tilda Lace Die from Simon Says Stamp

Picture 001c copy

I’ve had a pack of doilies for years.

My mum gave me them a long time before she died (and that was in 2003!!). I knew I had them but could not finds them in the general melee that is my craft room,  then whilst looking for something else, I found them!! So they got the glitter treatment round the edges – you can’t really see on the pics – and on one went!!

So that’s today’s card done peeps and I’ll be back tomoz with my Simon Says Stamp card.

Here, have a little sneakie peekie ……

sp

… now I wonder what image that can be lol!!!

Well did you see DOI on Sunday?
Thank the good Lord that Chico listened to me and sorted his wig out. Talking of  hot steppers, he was a bit ooooh la la and raunchy-o wasn't he (if you missed it I’ve put the YouTube thing on for you :) so today we’ve had Dainty Dancing and a bit of Dirty Dancing as well (shocking, Miss Piggy!)

Now I have to say that in no way do I find him attractive. He is far too oily and smarmy for my liking, BUT his little bootie shake at the beginning was a sight to behold and he clearly looks after himself cos you don't get a bod like that by eating cream cakes and sitting on your butt watching Jeremy Kyle all day.

Clearly that is where I am going wrong.

I have to confess that I do watch JK  but only to see if there is anybody on there with a full set of teeth  :(   I sometimes watch it whilst eating cream cakes as well sadly, which explains a lot!!!

Anyhoos I thought Sunday was fab – especially the team bits near the end. The girls got my vote but I did like the old YMCA thing as well. I have to fess up that Louis Spence is growing on me cos I didn’t used to like him but he is quite funny in his own way!!  I still can’t pick a winner this year although I’ll predict a Jorgie / Matt final.

So I’ll be off on that note but I’ll leave you with Chico-time and his ‘Sexy And He Knows It’ bit (and check out his ‘sexy’  kex!!!).

Enjoy your evening and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ow i reallylove this card is so super cute stunning must get me some of the step cards they look fun...and as for chico..hes not bad for 41 nice body and shake that booty once more for the girls hahahaha...im all of a lather now lol!"" xxx sassy

Denise said...

Love your card Dawn - great shape and such pretty papers and embellishments. Love this little cutie dancer too.
Hugs
Denise xx

Mau xx said...

Love DOI too Dawny, and I agree with your finalists choice :)
Love the step card, the colour is so pretty and love the image. Fab flower too.
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

This is awesome . I love the card any idea where I find the directions to make this card pretty please
Hugs

Unknown said...

DAWNY ... what can I say Im speechless. GORGEOUS colour, image and shape.
FAB
Hugs Elaine

Sarah said...

Those stepper cards are fab for setting of your design which is beautiful.
Oh and Chico is quite pleasing to the eye too.
Hugs SarahS