Thursday 8 March 2012

Forever Friends & This Week’s Blast From The Past (it’s a cracker!!)

Picture 007c copy

Morning loveliest of peeps and hope you are all having a nice day today.
We are nearly at the end of the week and time to head off and catch up with the
Lili’s Little Fairies Challenge.

This week our theme is 

Ribbons & Lace

and say no more cos this is another right up my street sort of challenge!!

We’re sponsored today by the fabulous Ribbon Girls and there is a rather delish prize up for grabs so if you get a sec, nip over for a mooch.

So …

Picture 001c copy

… here’s the old card.

I was going to do a pink theme but thought I’d go for something a little bit different – I don’t like to be predictable lol!!!  So I went for green which isn't a colour I am overly fond of but I like how this card came out.

The image is sooo sweet and it’s Friends Forever and these are the Copics I used -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E25, E29, E35, E50, E51, E81

The rest – RV000, RV00, RV29, YG0000, YG00, YG03, YG95

The papers are all from the Egg-stra Special collection from Nitwits and I stuck 2 die cut Magnolia Dream Tags behind the centre panel.

 Picture 005c copy

The bow was made from 38mm white  silky crush ribbon and the button is a medium lime polka dot  button  - both are from The Ribbon Girl

 Picture 004c copy

I decorated the inside of this card to tie in with the front and used another Magnolia Dream Tag which was from Simon Says Stamp.

The lace is 25mm white flat lace and again this is from The Ribbon Girl :) Have you seen the new stuff on TRG website by the way? There’s some lovely coloured lace, liquid pearls and some pretty striped buttons. You can see them all here.

 

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

So we’re all done with the card and now it’s time for this week’s BFTP.

This was recorded in 2011 so it isn’t from THAT long ago to be honest,  but both songs on it (yes it’ a  BOGOF  BFTP today!!) are from 1973 and 2004. Live & Let Die is the one Bond film that I actually enjoyed and I loved the title track. And then we move to 2004 and along came McFly. I was past all that boy band malarkey but I think they have real talent and 5 Colours In Her Hair was their first single.

So this was recorded for Pop Star To Opera Star (yes I am reality TV junkie!!.) Danny Jones  (from McFly)  had been on the year before and he came back with his band to do a bit of a turn with the violinist David Garrett.

Well I tell you peeps, I had to keep rewinding it cos it is awesome -  my Nicola loved it as well. Stunning isn't the word and not just because Harry Judd in in it. (I am wayyyyyy too old for any of the McFly laddies I know,  but Harry is my fave cos he is rather gorge).

images

See what I mean – who couldn’t  be wild about Harry!!!

Anyway, turn up the volume and get ready for 4:20 of pure brilliance (IMHO of course).

Enjoy and I’ll see you back here soon as soon and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

5 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Ooh, Harry Judd, purrrrrrrrr. Gorgeous card babes, love the gorgeous fresh colours. Sxx

Heidi said...

Both gorgeous!! hugs heidi x

Unknown said...

This is very adorable. The image is magnificent. I really love this card.

riliska said...

Oh, the image is cute! Your colouring is gentle ao much! Love the papers you used here - all is fine!

febe said...

Oh such a sweet image and lovely background colors. :)

hide stretch marks