Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother’s Day xxx

Picture 006c copy

Morning lovely peeps and firstly, a very

Happy Mother’s Day.

I hope that you are all enjoying your special day and getting well looked after by your own little treasures - and big treasures too!!

So it’s time for another colour challenge over at  The Ribbon Girl Blog and this month  it’s …

… aqua and white.

There’s 2 fantastic prizes up for grabs as well.

Firstly feast your eyes on this ….

… a gorgeous Aqua Mini Ribbon Kit.

But that’s not all, oh no by jiminy, cos there is also a

as well.

The photo inspiration for this challenge is this tranquil scene here …..

…. aren't those colours nice peeps.

And here….

Picture 001c copy

… is what I did

The image is one of the new CC Designs images from All That Scraps and she is Swiss Pixie Bunny Lucy.

I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin -  E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair - E25, E29, E35, E51, E71

Clothes – B0000, B000, B00, B12

The papers are from Nitwits

Picture 005c

The  double bow was made using 16mm aqua open weave ribbon and topped off with a pretty  Aqua Small Striped Button.

I also added some dots with this ….

151146-blueliqpearls

…  baby blue liquid pearls :)

Picture 003c copy

The little flowers were made using a Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch from Simon Says Stamp – and a little dash of liquid pearls too :)

Picture 004c copy

So that’s the old card done.

On Mother’s Day, I really miss having a Mum. I miss her at other times, of course I do,  but on days like today it’s truly awful and my heart goes out to anybody out there who is without their own beloved Mother today – especially if it’s the first one without them.  I remember standing in M&S  (yes I do go in there a lot!!) and crying as I realised that I held in my hand the last card I would ever send to her. Even now it gets to me, so treasure your Mums girlies – they are so precious and when they are gone a little part of you goes too.

But it isn't all about sadness cos life goes on and today my lot are coming here. Emma is now 6 months pregnant and I don't want her to have to cook a big meal. We were going to go out but we all decided that if we were here, we could have a walk before our pud if we wanted to, or get the wii out for a silly half hour!!! So that's what we are doing.  But to make it easier, I went and had a little word with Mr Marks and Mr Spencer and they have very kindly put together a dine in package for today – feed 4 for £15!! Well there are actually 6 of us and 2 of them are mahoosive eaters so we got three all together ( snort snort, little piggies!!) so there will be an abundance of eatage here. My Nikksie will be in charge of the oven so we can all have an easy day.

It’s nice when the kids grow up and sort it all out for you, but there is a part of me that misses the breakfast in bed which was usually burnt and/or cold and spilt all over the tray (ohh bless them), and the cards they made at school and then kept hidden -  they always made me cry. In fact, I still  cry when I see any kid’s card that they’ve made for their Mum because it’s what it’s all about I think.

Not sure if I have shared this one with you so apols if I have, but my most memorable present for Mothers Day has to have been from Emma when she was about 6 and it was ……the TV Times. Apparently she took a shine to some wrapping paper and then went to find a present that would fit it!!! I still chuckle about it even now.!!!

Anyway on that note I’m off to put my feet up (ha haaaaa that is a laugh cos I have loads to do before they arrive) . If you get a sec, check out the challenge and the amazing creations from the DT. Enjoy your day and see you all in the week.

Huggiest of Mother’s Day hugs to all xxxx

11 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

happy mother's day dawny..looking forward to a great big snuggle next weekend..hugs kath xxx

dutchess said...

Hope you have a wonderful Day Dawny...I am with my 94 yeard old Mum who is fast asleep on the sofa but treasure her I do....I love the card the colours are just stunning....which Nitwits paper sweetie must be one I dont have is that possible!!!! LOL hugs margaret

Mau xx said...

Have a lovely Mothers day Dawny, your story made me chuckle about the TT, bless her xx
I miss my mum dreadfully even now and she died in 1974, she was a treasure xxxxx
Love your card, the blue is stunning and love the image and detail xxxx

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card! Love the image, it is so cute!! SImply gorgeous! Hugs, Ivonne

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie Dawny! Love your card huN! Hugs, Frea

Unknown said...

Wow,
This is simply adorable,
The elemnts and the colors are amazing.
hugs

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tine said...

Gorgeous card, Dawny. Love that shade of blue too. My fav colour.
Tine :)

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Dawny,
I hope you had a wonderful time with your children and the M&S treat was good. I was at my grandson 3rd birthday party so no lunch for me, but I had a lovely time. You are so right about the burnt toast etc, I miss those days so much. Now I wait to see if any of them even remember. Ah thats kids for you.
A lovely card today and the blue is so bright and fresh like a new spring day, love it!
Have a good week. All the best
Linda

June Nelson said...

What a beautiful card Dawn love the blues its so pretty xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card. Love the layout, image, colours... everything! Can you please pop over to my blog when you have a minute? I have an award for you. Hugs, Jillhttp://mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html