Wednesday 7 March 2012

At Last!!!!!

 Picture 005c copy

Morning sweet peeps and I hope that you are all OK today :)x

It’s a bit of a wet day here in Chester and I guess that after the last few nice days, we were due a bit of rain. I can see a slightly clearer sky in the distance so I hope that the wind blows it over here pdq :)

It’s time to head over the water and catch up with what’s happening over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and today we want you to make something nice for

Mother’s Day or a Special Girl 

There is a mahoosove prize as always which the lovely Heidi is giving away ….

… and one lucky winner will get to have a nice old splurge …..

Simon Says Stamp

… right here :)

There’s always lots of nice  new stuff coming in so if you get a sec, nip over and check it all out.

Picture 001c copy

So this is me card and I did something a little different today.

I wanted to make a special card for somebody – can’t say who in in case she reads this and then I’m rumbled lol -  and I would usually use an 8 x 8 for my card base but I didn’t have any :(  So I had one of them there eureka-ka-ka-kaaaaaaaaa moments and for me, el dozy knickers,  this is verging on the genius (it’s sad but true peeps!!).

So enough of trying to get the sympathy vote, what I did was this -

Using a Martha Stewart PATP set, punch around a piece of card measuring 6.75 inches (or whatever the measurement for your particular punch is, but it needs to be the next largest one to 6”) .  Then take a 6 x 6 card base and trim a section from the bottom of the front of the card base and then stick on the punched mat. How much you trim will depend on the pattern of the punch. You need to trim that bit off otherwise your card won’t stand up and if you stick it on so that it’s level with the bottom, you won’t see the punched out bit.  But you end up with a larger card than the usual 6 x 6 and it’s a really nice base to make a special card.

Hope that all makes sense!!

So for the image, I used Tilda with Cozy Heart and stamped her onto a Nesties Label 18  and coloured her with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E25, E29, E35, E51

The rest – C1, C2, C3, C5, R05, R17, R27, R59

paper

The papers are gorgeous and they are from the Basic Grey Little Black Dress  6 x 6 Paper Pack. I also added a strip of Tilda Lace seeing as it was still on my desk and added a bit of doodle-ie stitching !!

Now for the At Last bit.

Picture 004c copy

You know how I always use the good old Magnolia leaf and swirl die? Or more to the point, I use the swirl bit!! Well I thought I’d give the leaf bit a turn for a change cos the poor thing must be thinking it has offended me.

But at last it has been used – hurrayyyy!!!

I also made a rolled flower from the grey paper in the pack as it’s so soft and pretty, and I plonked it on top of a flower cut from my fave Magnolia Doily Flower die.

Picture 002c copy

A few Hero Arts Gems , a sentiment printed onto SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film and a button and bow made from ribbons from my stash and we’re done.

Picture 003c copy

So that’s me for today.

I’ll be back tomoz with another helping of fairy-ness plus this week’s blast from the past so have a great day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

another stunning creation Dawny beautifully coloured as always and gorgeous papers loving the LO too it's wet here too yuk
Have a great day
Jacki xx

Unknown said...

This is very cute. I really love the red and black.
thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

Beautiful card Dawn. Love that colour combo and the punched design.
Hugs
Denise xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) Tilda is lovely and the red/black combo is stunning !! LOVE IT :-)

luv
Lols x x x

missed you yesterday me darlin xx

Debbie said...

Such a sweet card Dawny.You have a really unique style.Gorgeous Tilda and fab papers etc.Love Debbie x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawny, love the red spot ribbon and gorgeous colouring of Tilda...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kath Stewart said...

yummy delicious as always...sending big hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Another stunning card Dawny just love the colour combo and the sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Ribbon Girl said...

love the edge but I'll have to sit with a cuppa and digest the instructions before I dare try one of these! oh, and your green card next one up is very eye catching. hugs Mary G x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Another brilliant compilation!! :) I really love the layout and the pop of RED in black and white! This is such a sweet Tilda image too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Joy said...

Cuteness wrapped in one card...I love the colours you chose and that layout is perfection..hugs

Helga said...

wow ! What an adorable card .The colors white black red looks wonderful.
Greetings from Austria
Helga