Wednesday 28 March 2012

Something Completely Different :)

Picture 005c copy

Happy sunny morning loveliest of peeps and hope you are all OK today.
We’re promised another lovely day here in the UK and it’s such a nice change to wake up to sunshine. We are so not used to it really!!!

Anyway it’s time to check out what’s happening over the water at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and we have one of your fave themes today because

Anything Goes

This week, the DT  are showcasing products from My Favorite Things and as always, you don't have to use them.  But if you do have some then we would love to see what you do with them :).

And as always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a humungous …..

… which our lucky winner will get to spend ….

Simon Says Stamp

.. right here.

Picture 001c copy    

So I thought I’d do something a little different – just for a change  - and I think it’s nice to get away from the usual image / papers /embellies every now and then. These ‘Anything Goes’ challenges are perfect for pushing your creativity a little further or maybe just experimenting with things you don't usually use etc.

The papers are all from a Basic Grey Little Black Dress  6 x 6 Paper Pack and I used Wonky Rectangles nesties and Spellbinders Rose Creations dies.

Picture 004c copy

To make the flower I cut 2 of the next to largest dies, 2 of the next size down, 1 of the next size down again and finally 2 of the smallest dies.

Take the largest cuts first and curl both sides of each petal using a bone folder. Run an embossing tool over the centres  so that the petals start to curl upwards and then glue together, offsetting the petals.

Repeat for the next size down.

Glue these all together.

For the next size down, just go over with the embossing tool again and then add this to the bloom.

Repeat with the smallest sizes but really go over them with the embossing tool so that they are all but curled closed then glue them together and add to the bloom.

Pop a brad in the centre and you’re done :).

Picture 005c copy

I used my new MFT Leafy Flourish die which I am so loving at the mo.

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

And there you have it.

It’s quite striking with these papers and I think if you used all white papers / elements etc,  you would have a very different look again. I am going to have a fiddle when I get a bit of time so I’ll share when I do.

Right I’m off as I have a list as long as yer arm to get through and barely enough time as per usual. Plus I have to get all the prep done for card club on Monday so I want to make a start today. It’s non stop sometimes at chez piggy!!!!

I’ll be back tomorrow with my usual format and a helping of fairy-ness but until the, have the sunniest of days and huggiest of hugs to all xxxx

10 comments:

Seafield Jo said...

Wow this is gorgeous, the flower is stunning.

Jo x

Stacey said...

Wow, love it Dawny! Totally different to your usual style, but it's brilliant! The flower is fab and I adore the leopard print :o)

Tanya said...

Wow, this card is amazing! I'd never be able to come up with anything like that :P it's a perfect card for a trendy lady! Love it!

Tags xx

Anneke said...

What a beautiful card yes it's
something completely different.

Greetings Anneke

Marjorie said...

What a grand card..love it!! Beautiful papers and so elegant..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Dawny ! The flower is gorgeous and the colours and details are just fantastic ! very sexy looking card and as you said this would look fab in other colourways too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Ani said...

Your card is really stunning!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Dawny,
This...is...fabulous. I love the mix of animal with sassy red, black and white. I think this change from the norm is very, very welcome if we get to see such wonderful creations.
Have a great evening. Linda

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

My first thought...VA VA VOOM! This is gorgeous! Just love the bright colors and touch of leopard print :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is really different but I love it.
Kim xXx