Thursday 19 February 2009

Willow Sketchie Challenge

Ohh really dreadful pictures once agan - sorry chicks xxxx

It's time for our second Willow Sketchie Challenge and this week, the sketch has been set by the crafty goat girl herself, the lovely Heidi. It's a fabulous sketch so nip over and have a butchers :))

As always, there is a twist, and this time it is to use stitching and buttons
So this is what I did.

That cute lil stamp and all the papers are Willow and I did a bit of Cuttlebugging to add a bit of interest. Trust me, IRL the colours are not as dreary and wishy washy as they seem to be here!!! I'm telling ya, I am turning into Donald Pleasance!!! It must be my eyes lol xxx

I added a bit of Glamour Dust in the recesses of the embossed bit, and also over the stamp, which was not coloured at all. I just stamped it straight onto pale pink paper.

Ohh and shock horror - is that a peel off lurking in the corner???
I'm afraid it is. I do think they have a place although I am not a big fan, so you won't see many of them here. But I thought it looked ok - nice and neat and tucked away.

Here's the stitching - fake natch, cos I cannot sew. Well I can a bit, but I can't be bothered dragging the machine out from the complete mess that is under my stairs. I've got one of those lil dinky ones but I have never used it and I think it only does one stitch. But slap slap and shame on me for not trying it - lazy mare!!!!


I love those teeny tiny heart buttons. I cannot remember where I got them from cos I 've had them ages and I just know there were loads in the packet and they are pink and pretty lol xxx.

So mosey over and have a look at the sketch. I cannot wait to see what you do with it.

I had a misap this morning. I was eating me Weigh Watchers toast when I realised that one of my fillings had vanished. It was there this morning when I got up, I'm sure, but I dont remember it coming out and I wasn't aware of it when I was eating. So I must have swallowed it without realising!! The earliest I could get an app is tomorrow afternoon, so now I'm eating and drinking verry carefully in case I get toothache - I soooo hate toothache!!

Be back later hopefully with another offering of the cardy type, but till then, have the most fabuslous of days xxxxxx

19 comments:

Stacey said...

Aw, so sweet! I'd never have known it was a peel off if you hadn't said! ~x~

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Dawny, love what you have created with the sketch, it doesn't look wishy washy at all, it looks beautiful, I loves it! Good luck with the filling, one of mine is loose too, no french stick for me for lunch, lol, take care Heidi xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Sooo pretty Dawny - love all the sparkly glitterness and the little cutey buttons. Great to see all the different stamps too and how we all used them. Fab challenge huh!

Eeek about your filling...has happened to me before but was eating toffee so serves me right! xx

Caryn said...

Ooh, Dawn that is so pretty. I love the colours. It's funny you should mention sewing but I actually, for the first time in donkeys years got my sewing machine out last night!! I might go and have a look the challenge now. I think stitching is going to be my mode du jour (?!) for a wee while anyway.

sharon said...

snap...i had weightwatchers toast for brekki....gorgeous card hun..all pink n girlie.xx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Dawny,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Looks a lovely card, hope all goes well at the dentist, I lost a large filling a few weeks ago but its not playing up so am waiting before I face another hefty bill.
Clairex

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card love the papers and images :)
Val xxx

Cheryl said...

Such a pretty little card.....love it Dawny......

What is weight watchers toast....isn't bread....bread....I never quite understood all this calorie counting stuff but if it suits you, great......hope you are feeling slim and gorgeous (not that you aren't gorgeous anyway) I am digging a hole here....

Hope your trip to the dentist isn't too painful.......

Kath Stewart said...

this is so gorgeous Dawny....love the softy colours and adding GD to the recessed hearts...what a brainwave....I can't believe you are so hungry that you are now eating your fillings...now that's deperation
Hugs Kath xxxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawny! Love that pretty pink and black along with all that glittery goodness!

Sure hope your tooth stays ok until you can get in to see a dentist! YOUCH! take care hon!!

Louly said...

Dawny that's beautiful, it must have taken you ages to do all those layers.

Em said...

Am now heaving after reading about your filling - what are you like??!!! lol! Hope it's not hurting Dawny - I loathe dentists so don't envy you.

Your card is totally LUSH! The colours are just gorgeous, so soft and pretty. Can't believe you used a peel-off, gasp!!! Although to be fair, had you not of said I wouldn't have noticed it was one.

I too am looking forward to sunnier days so my photos don't look quite so flipping naff - these grey days are a nightmare aren't they?

xxx

Donalda said...

This is just adorable dear!!!! Gorgeous papers hon and beautiful colored dear. Just gorgeous dear

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card dawny, love it hun. great papers, they look scrummy :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous card hunny, lovely image and and lovely delicate papers. Hugs Linda x

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Dawny :) hope you are well, thanks for all your lovely comments ♥ this card is just stunning, love the tiny heart buttons, have a lovely weekend :) hugzz x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, great colours. When are you heading over this way? it would be great to meet you. Have a good weekend

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawny, hope the dentist is not too painful hugs Jill x