Saturday 21 February 2009

Pretty Pastels xxx

I just love this image
And this is my card for this weeks Secret Crafter challenge, which is a gorgeous sketch by my good blog bud Jill xxx

The image is Sugar Nellie Daisy from Funky Kits - so very sweet. I coloured her with the PMs and used a bit of Glamour Dust just to give it a bit of sparkle, and the papers are PP. I really love the sketch and will use it again, I'm sure.


I double layered the image using Nesties. Ohhh there are some fab ones coming out and they have gone straight on my 'I-want,-nay-must-have' list. Possibly the NEC????? Fingers crossed.

And here's another one - it's not for a challenge, but I thought I'd share.

This one is for a very special blog bud of mine, the lovely and awesomely talented Dawn. It was her birthday last week and silly moi wasn't organised in time so I am late, major slaps!!!. So this is for you chick, and it is on it's way to you, along with mahoosive apologies for being a crap friend, and a little something which I will put on here after you've got it xxxxx
These are 2 of my new Tilda stamps - just gorgeous

The papers are PP and the ribbons are the wonderful Poppicrafts. The sentiment was a freebie from a card mag and the little pearls were from Creative Pastimes

I just stamped the flower onto the back of the card, coloured it a little with PMs and highlighted with the usual sparkly stuff.


And another view here lol xxxx

Well what a funny few days.
After an all but sleepless night on Thursday, I went to the dentist to get my filling replaced. I needn't have worried cos she fixed it straight away and without the need for an injection (ohhhh thank you God xxx). Mind you, she still charged me £71!! I nearly wept, but I was just glad to get it done. My dentist is also someone I used to play tennis with in my 'fit' days and I know her quite well. She knows I am just a bag of nerves at the mere mention of the 'D' word. So over the years she has built up my confidence, and I was going along fairly happily.

But then the dreaded hygienist struck.

OMG - is it just me or is it just really brutal the way they manhandle yer gob??? I tell you, she is a lovely lady but put that teeth cleaning thingie in her hand and she morphs into the terminator. So it put me off going. My dentist on the other hand is so gentle and as a favour, she is going to do me scale and polishes, bless her heart.

And they are now doing beauty treatments there as well, including botox!!! So I am having a complimentary manicure next time I go and I am also having a free consultation with the botox doctor!!! But if it hurts, then she can do one, cos I'd rather have lines that pain lol xxx I'll keep you posted. But Marlene darlin, if we meet again at the NEC, you might not recognise me chick, cos I could end up looking like Bo Derek instead of Bo Diddley - fabulous!!!!

After the trauma of the dentist, Nikkie and I went for lunch, except it was after 4pm so it was late lunch , early dinner - not sure what you call it really. It has been ages since we did that and it was nice just to have time to chat and catch up. Obv the diet went out of window AGAIN (hang head in utter shame!!) Then we did a bit of retail therapy and just happened to end up in M&S where we bought nice yummy and fairly healthy food. But the diet went for a burton yet again cos we shared a bag (v small) of jelly babies on the way home - but they don't count if you eat them in the car while you are moving!!!

And I've been very very verry bad today cos this afternoon we took Kyla to Parkgate which will mean diddly squat to most of you. But it is a village on the Wirral Peninsula and is very popular with tourists, and also people who live fairly near. The beach there is actually grass and if you look across the estuary, you can almost see my Mum's old house :)))) During high tides, the water comes right up to the sea wall and people come from all over to see it, along with the bird life it brings with it.

Now I am probably not selling this place to you up to now, but hang on a sec....

It is also quite famous for its shrimps and ice cream. The most delicious, gorgeous proper ice cream. And that's not all - there is the most awesome fish and chip shop that does the best fish and chips in the world - I kid you not. So we had to partake, of course. It would have been rude not to lol xxx We sat on the sea wall and ate them - it is practically the law to do that there - I would not dream of doing that anywhere else but there, it seems so right. It sounds kind of chavvy-tastic but it isnt. We didn't have the ice cream today so it wasn't a total disaster- too chilly -but the fish and chips were fab and lil Kyla tucked in and really enjoyed hers, plastic fork and all!!!!.


So although we had a nice afternoon, it has been yet another bad diet day - I really have to knuckle down cos at this rate, I am never going to lose the lardage and I will be destined to be a waddler for the rest of my life. Is that what you want Dawny P, to be a weeble waddler? ( inner voice that bit lol xxx) Then cut it out girl!!!!!

Maybe the botox doc does a bit of liposuction on the quiet. I could book myself in for a bit of that as well then the fat bits could just get hoovered away (puke, bluh!!!). Then I could eat what I like, go and get hoovered and then eat what I like, go and get hoovered, and on and on. It would be like Groundhog day - but for real hogs lol xxxxx Fantastic!!!

Ohh before I depart, did anyone see Biggins doing his Danny Zucho impression on the comic relief dancing thing??? I almost wet myself laughing - it was his dodgy wig that got me!! Sooo funny, bless him. He was supposed to be dancing but it was more like a ruddy stroll !! He looked like he was stalking Nikky Whatsername!!! I LOVE Biggins - I just want to cuddle him (and an added bonus is that he would make me look thin as well!!)


And on that note, I will say tara!! Have a fab Saturday evening and I will be back tomorra with some cardy stuff cos R is watching a film and I am going to have to go back to my card room cos I don't wanna watch it. So I will be forced to make a few more cards :)))

It's a tough, rotten, horrible job but someone has to do it lol xxx.

Huggety hugs xxxx.

18 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

lol Dawny you are sooooooo funny! Made me smile after feeling really peed off five mins ago! Thanks choock! :) Ooo and lovely cards too lol!!!! x

Unknown said...

hiya....lovin your cards and you tell a great story...really had a giggle too..thanks for brightening my evening hugs xxx

Jill said...

ohh Dawny I love your card, the soft Lilac tones and Daisy are just perfect together, glad you liked my sketch hun. Ohh the dentist sounds painful, but at least it;s all over with. Mmm the fish and chips sound wonderful, why is it when you eat them outside they taste so much better. Ohh I almost forgot I love the birthday card you Made for Dawn it's gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Joey said...

Hi Dawny, lol jelly babies whilst on the move in the car dont count! lol love your logic!. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, loving the soft shades of colour. thanks for the giggle this evening. joey.xxx

Marcea said...

Dawn, you are completely off your trolley but I doooooooo love you, lol. I sit here like a right nutter laughing to myself - the dogs are looking a bit concerned but hey ho, lol. Sounds like you have had a fab time. I always eat my fish and chips on the sea wall when we go to the coast because you are right - IT IS THE LAW!!!
Glad your tooth is sorted - can't believe you can get botox there too ... bizarre. Well, I wanna see the bfore, during and after pics if you get it done :o)
Oh yes, absolutely fabby cards too hunny - you have completely distracted me - they are wonderful. I love Daisy too - she is so pretty. Enjoy your Sunday babe and take heart in the fact that jelly babies have NO fat at all (hmmmm can't remember now if you said jelly beans or babies but they are both fat free ..... tonnes of sugar but no fat .... woohoo)
Bye chick
-x-

scotspanda said...

two gorgeous cards chick, Dawn will love hers I know :o)

Glad to hear you've been having some fun with the family, I don't think calories can be counted when you are out with the grandies either cos its special lol

take care babes

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Macpurp said...

this is a beautiful card! I love both the stamps you have used, very sweet!
you do make me laugh with your stories! hugs xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Dawny and such a wonderful colour scheme and image, thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny as usual - love Daisy and the way you have layered her up. I too have spotted the new nesties .. what's not to like (except the credit card bill lol!!) Having only just got my first MS punch (yippee!!) and ordered my first WOJ stamps I'm starting to seriously scare myself spend-wise... so more nesties will be the last but a v necessary straw!! Glad you got the tooth sorted wtihout having to resort to needles ... i went to dentist and DH yesterday and have got a bit of toothache myself, so God knows I sympathise. Sounds like you had a fab day with the trip and the fish'n'chips ... lovely! hope you have a great rest of weekend Pauline x

Donalda said...

I tell you what girl you just crack me up!!!!!!!!!!! lol by the time I finished reading your post I had forgot what your cards looked like lol Oh my you are a laugh dear and so love to read your posts but dear your cards are just gorgeous love the color (my favorite)Daisy is so popular isn't she??? Have a wonderful day dear

Sue said...

Oh dawn up early with back ache, well i had to hold me side while reading this, luv reading your tails. Sounds a great day, fish & chips don't count either if eaten outside by the sea! lol. You ae sot on about the hygenist though, yuk, now i forgot what the card was after readin ya post!! lol.
Oh yes Daisy, gorgeous card, stunning as always hun, luv the soft colours, sue.x

Mandi said...

Oh Dawn Im laughing my head off here and my doggie is looking at me rather oddly LOL The fish n chips sound FAB, cant whack a good f&c eh! You did have to 'climb' onto the seawall you knwo so I doubt they will hardly have gained you an ounce!! Oh FAB card as always...almost forgot hehe

have a good Sunday
mandi xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Dawny, wow, what a wonderful long, amusing post!! i love your journallling!! you had me laughing so many times. Going to remember that thing about the jelly babies. Does it work with any jellies or even chocolate???? and wow girl what a great dentist you have. You could spend the whole day there!!! mind you i hate the dentist so not sure i could actually set foot in the door. Those fish and chips and ice cream sound fab. I could do with that liposuction myself!! Anyway I love those weebles! whats wrong with looking like one of those??! Well enjoy your sunday hunny, big hugs Linda x

Kath Stewart said...

OMG.....that was a bit of a saga...but what a great story...and lots of laughs....good for the soul...is a good giggle and fabby cards as a bonus...I love that sweet image...I am not real a cutie person...as you know...but I think I need this one
Hugs Kath xxxx

Mandy said...

Dawny, your cards are fantastic, enjoy reading your blog, always brings a smile to my face!

Mandy

Dawn said...

ROFL and PMSL - you have such a way with words my lovely friend and this is me just getting round to your fabby blog and Dawny what a lovely surprise seeing the soon to be "my" card - oooh yummy yummy!!! and you are NOT a bad friend TSK TSK!!! for even thinking that - didn't mention my birthday in the first place!!
Well it sounds like you had a perfect day - Fish and chips by the sea - just wonderful!!


Hugs
Dawn
xx

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG! I am totally wiping away the tears from laughing through this post! And I know it's just an "old age" thing, but I can't even remember which card is on this post! ROFL! You are such a riot! I sit here and read your posts to my daughter while we wish so hard we could meet you in person! Big hugs to you lady!! You are truly special! hugs!

CraftyC said...

Love your card Dawn, beautiful, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex