Thursday 12 February 2009

A Pic Fest For Cute Card Thursday xx

Ahhh, aren't they sweet xx

It was my last week as GD over at Cute Card Thursday and I would just like to say a huge thank you to the girls for having me xx

'scuse the dreadful lighting here but I could not get it to look right.
IRL the colours are much softer.

The challenge this week is Music & Dance, so musical instruments, song titles etc etc, I chose song titles. The card above is Kiss (by Prince and also the wrinkly old goat that is Tom Jones. Sorry if you are a fan, but I cannot abide him!!)

The Sarah Kay image which is one of my faves was coloured and highlighted with the dynamic duo that are my PMs and Glamour Dust lol xxx The papers are a mixed bunch - PP, Nitwits and Willow. I had some left over from the Frilly Milly card I did recently and thought I'd use them here seeing as I luvs em so much :))x
Ohhh the lighting is horrible here - it makes this look garish, sorry.
I may re-take this cos it is so awful. But I put the pic in so you can see the flower a bit better. Bet you wish I hadn't bothered lol xxx.

I made the flower by drawing lines on a piece of card with 2 PMs - use the chiselled end - and then I punched out the shape usign an EK Success Retro punch. I got the idea from Sharon and you can see it all here.

And there's a bit of funkyity faux stitching as well. Try saying that when you've had a few lol xxx

As it was my last week at CCT, I thought I would do 2 cards - this is the one that is over at the blog. Now I will warn you , you are about to enter the 'cringe' zone.

He's a cutie lil fella.

So this is the second card, and the song?
I Will Always Love You (Whitney and the big guns that are Dolly P).

As you can see, I 'adapted' the title slightly to fit the fabulous stamp which is from Whimsystamps, hence the cringe. I know it is a bit corny, but hey ho lol xxx Considering my unmitigating disaster yesterday, the fact that it meets the challenge is nowt short of a miracle lol xxx

The papers are from PP and from the Boy Oh Boy collection by the awesomely talented Summer Driggs, and the blooms are from my beloved Poppicrafts xx Mich has some beautiful stuff in right now including some of the prettiest spring ribbon and blooms ever. Check it out peeps xxx

Is anybody going to the trade show at the NEC over the weekend btw? I am going on Sunday so if you are going to be there and fancy saying howdy to moi (or the piggish pink one as Leann calls me lol xxx) let me know!!

Laurence Llewellyn Bowen is going to be there, and I do have a bit of a thing for him actually. It's the tousled hair I think. And he is so well dressed. And he is a bit posh which I sort of like :)) I have sort of met him before. Well, when I say I have met him, he was at the NEC the last time I went to the trade show there. I went with a friend of mine who insisted on referring to him as Roddy lol xxx


Anyway, I was too shy to go and say hello. My friend was not too shy and she went to see him and she took a book of mine with her (the book wot he wrote, natch) and he signed it for me - how fabulous. He insisted she went and got me so I could go and say hello but I had ran off, dragging her wheelie trolley behind me as fast as my little legs would take me and I refused to go and meet him.


So when I say I sort of met him, I didn't really meet him, but I did stand within a few feet of him. When I told my eldest, she laughed and said she had sort of met George Clooney. Well when she said she had met him, there was a cardboard cut out of him in the local video shop and she had stood by it.


I don't know where she gets her wit from!!!!


And on that note, I'm off for a reasonably early night. Emma is unwell so I am on 'monitor' duty re Kyla tonight and will need to get up with her in the morning and get her ready for nursery.

Have a fab evening chicks

xxxx

28 comments:

Katy said...

Fab cards honey!!

I'm going to the Trade Show on Sunday weather permitting!!

xx

Diane.W. said...

Don't believe this Dawny,I have been sat all night slowly making a card,it's the same SK image & same colours as yours!!!! I bought the BG lilykate pad today & was trying to get it all to match,wait til you see it!!!
Your 2 cards are brilliant!!! :o)x

Sharon Caudle said...

Girl, you always make me laugh! LOVE both of these cards! your doodling is wonderful and the tossled look of that cute little owl is just adorable! I'm with you about that old Tom Jones. Never quite got what the big fuss was about him! Hugs!!!

Denise said...

Very Beautiful!! Love both cards.

Teddyree said...

Don't know what you're talking about "cringe factor" LOL, both your cards have the "seriously gorgeous factor" but I especially love the owl one!

Dawn said...

The first time I saw that owl I hyperventilated he is the cutest damned winged thing ever!!
Your card is gorge as ever!!

huggs

Dawn
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh these are both fantastic! I love the image of the little boy and girl and that owl is so cute!


Tonya

The Crafty Blonde said...

2 Fabulous cards, love the images and the papers on both. Loving your sentiments as well. I am off to the trade show on Sun, Mon & Tue with my boss, we are gonna try and get some new lines in the shop PB's I keep shouting at her. Have been told that the fab Mr Bowen is only there on Mon! but am not 100% sure. I cant wait to see his new line for Trimcraft if its anything like I think it will be I will prob be getting the lot. We should all put badges on with our Blog names on so we can be easily recognised lol!!!!
Lyndsey xx

Bev said...

Lol at the George Clooney cutout - in fact it's more like I need a Tena!! What are you like girl!!!

Love both cards, the Owl one is fantabulous babes

hugs Bev x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely cards!! Gentle colors and cute image.

debby4000 said...

Fantastic cards but I do love the Owl will always love you the best did make me chuckle. Has did the image of you running off.

Stacey said...

I love the cheesiness! Great sentiment for the gorgeous little owl. The kiss one is fab too - love the colour combo and the doodling ~x~

Donalda said...

Wow girlfriend your cards are just beautiful dear. Just love the colors on the SK one too. Gorgeous dear

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous Sarah Kay card and great doodling! I'm too chicken to do it!!
Love how you made your flower...enjoy your show on Sat..hope you manage to 'meet' him again!!

Judy x

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards!
I love the owl. So cute.

Sue said...

2 fabulous cards dawny and I'm really loving the owl,he is super cute:)

sue
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawny! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I am really impressed by the PMs, they are unlike any other pen I've tried before... Your idea of compare and contrast with watercolours vs PMs is a good one, can't wait to see it one day! Love the cards on your blog, all beautiful designs :-) Dulcie xx

Pauline C said...

2 more gorgeous cards Dawny - the Sarah Kay kissy twosome is really growing on me, and that owl is totally adorable ! Have a great time at the trade show
Pauline x

Jill said...

two gorgeous card Dawny, I love the colour combo on the SK one, and your amazing colouring, aww the owl card is so cute, Dawny you always make me laugh when I read your stories your really have an amazing way with words hugs Jill x

Crissy Armstrong said...

That owl is a HOOT! PUn intended, yes! I love the card, and your super fabulous coloring on him! Love the top card too and that gorgeous Sarah K stamp!

Murielle said...

OH...Dawny your cards are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
I love the colours used and your colourind it perfectly.
Have a nice Weekend.
Hugs, Mumur

Scrap Simply said...

Just found your blog and I love it. Darling stuff!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh Dawny what gorgeous cards youve been making hunny. Your cards always look so clean and fresh looking. I love both of the images you've used, and the papers. Such fab work as always. Happy valentines day to you hope you've had a fabulous day. enjoy the rest of your weekend hunny. Hugs Linda x

Mrs Mayne said...

lol xDawny - you so funny!!

Sue said...

Hope Emma is soon feeling better, you are so funny by the time i have read everything i 4got what the cards are!! LOL not really, stunning cards as always hun, luv the ickle owl, sue.xx

tracie said...

Oh wow hun two gorgeous cards, love the fab images and pretty colours, love your doodling too.

There's a little something for you on my blog.

Hope you've had a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)xx

sharon said...

I'm away for a couple of days and have missed soooo much of your pwetty pwetty work, your colouring ROCKS!!!!!!.xx(here's to a better week this week than last..at Willow Towers..ha!)

sharon said...

yes yes yes...do the eye mask thingy on Daisy Rabbit....oh that did make me lol when I read your comment...ha ha..xx