Wednesday 11 February 2009

Rose Pink Sugar xxx

They're the 3 challenges for this card xxx

And they are ....
The Pink Elephant challenge which is pink, black & white - gorgeous colours

Spoonful of Sugar
, which is Doodle Doo lol xxx

And finally, Roses on Paper, which was to create a card using the masking technique.

So the stamp is a Tilda sitting on her tree swing, coloured with PMs and then Glamour Dusted to within an inch of it's life!!! The paper is Willow Design - I am so loving that pink spotty paper, it is so pretty, and the black and white gingham is Prima Hybrid. The ribbon is a tiddly bit from my stash.


And when it came to using my MSBP, I used not one, but two of the beggars - oooh la la!!! The sentiment is from God knows where, but as I am ready to slap myself senseless for being a total numptie (yet again lol xx), I can't be bothered getting up off my fat you know what and going to look (sorry peeps xxxx). On the plus side, it aint as fat as it was 4 weeks ago, but still .....

Here's the dodgy angle bit again. And another one just for good measure. Some might call it overkill, but I prefer good measure !!!

So, why am I ready to slap myself sensless?

Well, we need to recap the challenges.

Firstly, Pink Elephant wanted pink, black and white. Yes, got that. And SFOS wanted doodling, so got that as well. And Roses on Paper wanted us to use the masking technique. Yes I did that - took me ages as well.

So what's the problem you may ask. Or if you've already been over there then you'll probably know!!!.

Well Roses on Paper also wanted the card to be a Valentines card and they also wanted roses on it somewhere. It clearly says it. The roses bit it in red - you cannot fail to miss it. But I clearly did miss it. Cos it isn't really a Valentines card, and you can look from now until the cows come home but you won't find a rose on it anywhere. Unless it counts that one of the PMs I used is rose pink (it really is, I'm not making it up!!)

I just realised when I went over to get the link. Yes, Dozy Dawny has struck again. And I have to nerve to tell Gayle that Boots are doing special offers on eye tests cos she liked Cary Grant!!!! Well chick, I apolgise unreservedly cos my flippin eyesight is evidently shocking!!

Maybe I am turning into Donald Pleasance in The Great Escape - if you remember he did so much close up work doing his forgeries that he went blind. Well that's me with me cards. Ohh I just realised, we have the same initials lol xxxx He was shot and clearly I should be. I have so much in common with that man it is scary - I am actually frightening myself as I type this cos I don't wanna go bald!! Ohhh it is even worse, cos that's not all - I had a white Persian cat as well!!

I may be back tomorrow. That's if 007 doesn't get here first.

You may laugh but this may well be my future ....

29 comments:

Ali Watson said...

PML Dawny you are a scream girl. The card is fantastic just love the papers and of course tilda. Pushing the boat out too 2 MS on the one card scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

Oh YOu do bring a smile to me face Dawny..Fabulous for the sketches I say *wink* * wink*...
Have a lovely Thursday Missus:)~X~

Susie Sugar said...

I love this card Dawny really sassy
Love Susie xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Dawny so cute, love your coloring girl.

Unknown said...

Dawny, I love all the detail you put into this card! From the glitter to the ribbons on the swing. Very cute.

Kath Stewart said...

You are such a hoot...far to early in the morning for such hilarity....gorgeous card....love the papers and your beautifully coloured image...what's wrong with punch overkill....enjoy the rest of your day and I'm pleased to say you look nothing like nasty DP
Hugs Kath xxxx

Naoual said...

Stunning card Dawn, really adorable! Fab colouring too.

xx Naoual

Penny said...

This is sooo gorgeous Dawny! Really pretty colouring and lacy borders - just amazing!

Rach said...

gorgeous card hun even though it isn't a valentines or doesn't have a rose..lol....
thanks for making me laugh babe..xx

Annie said...

What an absolutely amazing card I love it and 2 Martha Stewart punches too - steady!!! I love Tilda and your card sets her off to perfection - the sentiment is fabulous. Oh I did laugh reading about you 'getting off your etc' - I've felt like that so many times when doing a post and you can't remember the name of the company.

Anyway sorry I'm rambling - it's a great card and thanks for entering the Pink Elephant Challenge this week. Hope you'll be able to join us in the future so we can see more of your work.

Ann xxx

Gayle said...

Hmn...

And I've got my appointment at Boots opticians booked for today too!

You owe me another box of tens lady's chick!

L'n'H

Gayle x

debby4000 said...

You're so funny although Daniel Craig as JB there could be an advantage somewhere.
You card is fantastic, I love the colours and the masking is brilliant.

cats whiskers said...

RFPSML you nutter, Don't care whether this little beauty fits any challenge dear its is gorgeous. You know me you can never have too many Border Punches Hun the more the better. Smoking very hard this week.
Hugs Jacqui x

scotspanda said...

oh woman you are a laugh a minute lol. great card even if it doesn't qualify for the roses on paper challenge :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Swaantje said...

Hello Dawny,
your card is so lovely..
The little girl is very sweet.
Hugs
Swaani

Macpurp said...

this card is so lovely!!!
you do make me laugh!
much love teen xxx

Katy said...

You make me laugh Dawny bless you honey!! :P

Love this card adore the colours and the stamp with the swing its fabby!!

HUGS

xx

Enfys said...

Love this, all my favourite things, a bit of pink, a bit of black, a cutie, and a MS punch (have I seen that before?:) You are a scream, make me laugh out loud.
hugs
En xx

Annasmama said...

Such a cute and beautiful card! And don`t be afraid, you don`t look like that! ;-)))

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, i love the design and colours

Robin said...

What a fantastic card!! You really have an eye for the details. Your post made me LOL too!!! Thanks for entering our first TPE challenge. We hope to see you back again next week.
Robin

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So totally gorgeous Dawny and Tilda looks beautiful, love the little bows you've added to the branches, Hugs, Nikki x

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Dawny.
echt beautiful.

hugs Riet.xx

Marcea said...

I love your cards, I love you and well, what else matters really
mwah!!!!!!
-x-

Dawn said...

Rofl Dawny you make me laugh!! and at the moment that can be hard to do I can tell ya!!
I love the Tilda swing card and the papers and the marthas and the pros all just wonderful - och i'm rambling again!

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, This is SO FABULOUS!!! I love every single thing about it. The images are awesome, I love they way you colored it, the paper is gorgeous and the colors are fantastic! Really, really super job!!


Tonya

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! Love your Tilda card Dawny! And the colors are just so yummy! Hope you're having a good day!! hugs!

Jill said...

aww Dawny this is gorgeous I love your layout and MSBP edges, love the colours and sentiment gorgeous hugs Jill x

stampingtink said...

I just adore her! I love the pink and black and you mask beautifully. I love the bows at the top of the swing on the branch! I could swing with her forever! Thanks for joining our challenge and good luck!