Sunday 8 February 2009

2 For The Price Of 1 xx

Challenges that is lol xx

This week the Penny Black Saturday Challenge is all about romance and I thought I would use the fabulous sketch by my uber talented Raspberry Ribbons team mate Claudia for this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge


And this is my card.

The little cute mouse stamp is having it's first outing, and I coloured it with PMs which are not having their first outing, poor things!!! All papers are PP and the ribbons are Poppicrafts and that warehouse I told you about a few days ago.


Ooopsie, the end of me ribbon has turned up here and ruined the photie !! Never mind, Patrick Lichfield I ain't so it wouldn't have made much difference I suppose lol xxx

Well Todd has gone!!

I'm not surprised cos he was dreadful, and about as much use on the ice as a chocolate fire guard, but at least he didn't take himself too seriously. And was I the only one fearing for Melinda's breastage tonight?. When Fred turned her upside down I thought we were in for another wardrobe malfunction. But it all stayed in place, thankfully!!!

Ohh I just remembered, I was going to tell you what the number one No 1 was. It was ABBA's Dancing Queen!! And George Michael's Careless Whisper was No 2. Ohh I cannot say his name without the words 'what a waste' springing to mind!!! I'm probably not the only female that this happens to either. He is one utterly gorgeous guy, apart from when he wore those skimps on one of his Wham vids - ooooeerrr, not a good look George darlin lol xxxx

Well that's about it for tonight. This weekend has flown cos I was doing the all dayer yesterday - fab group of ladies, and we did have a larffff and they all seemed to enjoy it. We always have cake at the end, and Jan had got this fabulous ginger cake - it smelled heavenly. And how good was I for refusing any cos of this godforsaken diet (7lbs down now). It was nothing short of a praise Jesus miracle, I can tell you.

See you tomorrow for another Papertake Weekly.

BFN and huggles xxxxx

27 comments:

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card, love the boldness of the red! Ta chick for putting me out of my misery and telling who number 1 was ... somehow though I don't believe it, lol. Totally agree re George Michael - went to see Wham when I was 13 ... drool! Aaagghh happy days. Glad you had a great day and well done for not having any cake ... I am uber impressed!
-x-

Donalda said...

Oh this is just lovely dear. Just love your image and your layout is just awesome dear. Love it hon

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet, love this so much, great coloring.

Anonymous said...

what a cute card. i love the oval.

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card for the challenge matey...love the red and white combo and gorgeous colour work on your image....check the ribbon...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC and hey you're right it was time for todd to go..man Jason was right..he still looks as though he had an accident in his pants.
Hugs Kath xxxx

Stacey said...

Sweet cards Dawny! Love the colour combos and your little mice are such cuties! ~X~

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colour combos.Image is very cute!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colour combos.Image is very cute!

Mrs Wonka said...

What a fandabbiedozie card! I love it!

Mrs W x

Susie Sugar said...

What a fabulously cute card Dawny just soooooo sweet
Love Susie xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card x

Tara said...

Fab card Dawny, it's sooooo pretty! xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Dawny

Another gorgeous card hunny. I just love how striking your cards always look. Well thank you for telling me the number 1's! takes me back to my younger days, oh dear so long ago now!!! well done on resisting that cake hunny, im ultra impressed,i have no will power im afraid, and gave in to the cadburys bar hiding in the cupboard!

Hope you aren't having this rain like us today, it hasn't stopped all day!! mind you i suppose its better than snow.

Have a good day, hugs for now Linda x

Beth said...

Gorgeous card Dawny! I love the papers (obviously!) and this is such a sweet stamp! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Gayle said...

Now you see...I was an Andrew Ridgeley woman myself(it's the nose)! All my friends used to think I was off my head...ha! Highly developed 'gaydar' even then!
You do cheer me up my luv...

Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love the cute iamge and the beautiful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Dawny - love the image and the papers are fab! Dancing Queen eh?? I guess that explains why Manam Mia (the film) is all the rage .. or is it the other way round lol!!?? Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

Dawn said...

Oooh what a stunner - love the read and cream combo DAwny!

George Michael was mighty fine in his day - where has it all gone wrong, skulking in mens loos, drugs and who knows what else!!!

I'm glad Todd has gone I always had to leave the room because of the cringe factor!!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow - this is fabulous Dawny - really love the colour combo and the image is gorgeous! Well done on your 7lbs - way to go! My DVD has now been taken out of the packaging - so could be a goer this week...well, later on in the week - hee xx

Kazabing said...

Beautiful card again Dawny, and I couldn't agree more with you about George Michael - John Barrowman is another one. lol. Karen. xx

Katy said...

Fab card :) Love the image very cute

xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Dawny and such striking DP you have used :) Donna x

tracie said...

Hi ya Dawny, oh wow this is gorgoeus, love this cute image and what a fab sketch - gorgeous, gorgeous work hun.
Enjoy your week and well done with the cake !! Pat on the back for you hun - you go girl !!
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Anonymous said...

Really sweet card...what a cute image...thanks for joining us at FS again.
Carole

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely precious Dawny! Love that image and the design of the card! That red on there just pops like crazy! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!! The image is great and I love the colors you used!Thanks so much for sharing.


Tonya

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawny so romantic, love the image and gorgeous colours you;ve used hugs Jill x