Monday 23 February 2009

Papertake Weekly and Cute Kitty xxx


How sweet is this lil fella!!

Well he may be a girlie kitty cat but I reckon not - there is a glint of mischief in his eyes.

It was love at first sight, cos I fell for him as soon as I saw him, and thought I'd use him for my Papertake Weekly card - it's a Dawny sketch this week and the girls have once again come up trumps with their interpretation. Pop over and check them out cos they are so gorgeous.

So here's the sketch I did.

I thought I'd do a simple-ish one this week - sometimes it's nice to let the image do the talking (ha, thats rich coming from gabbalot Phillips here - chance would be a fine thing for the poor image to get a word in edgeways lol xx)

And here's what I did with it. I just heart this colour combi so much - tis one of my faves.

The fabulous image is from Wild Rose Studio and you can probably guess what's coming!! Ay, the bad boys put in an appearance. But just for a change, I paper pieced the washing. No probs re the boxers (another reason I think it's a boy cat - God I'm sharp as a tack, me!!), but with hindsight I'm not sure why I used spotty paper for the other clothes when you can hardly see the spots - doh!!!! Now what was that about being sharp lol xxxx

The black and white paper is Prima Hybrid and that beautiful red spotty ribbon is Poppicrafts. The sentiment is a stamp I've had for ages but I can't remember from whence the little sausage came - apols.

Not often I really like one of my cards, but I do quite like this.

Well what do I know re Dancing On Ice!!! Nowt, that's what!!!

I didn't see that coming with Jess. You could have smacked me in the face with a kipper quite frankly!!! It must be really hard for the ones that can actually skate (ie Jess) when they are in the skate off and ones that really can't (ie Colleen) go through. I think I'd be a bit peeved actually.

But I was sad to see the gorgeousness that is Fred go out - he is a bit of eye candy, even though he only looks about 10!!! But at least Kath's boy is still in.

Well that's me for now. It's a veritable soap fest tonight so I will more than likely be glued to Corrie and Easties, jimmie jams on, glass of vino in one hand and remote control in the other.

And don't forget, it's pancake day tomorra - so another reason why the diet will go for a burton. I'm afraid I've been the laziest wifee possible cos I bought ready made batter from Marksies, and here I am seemingly with no shame whatsoever, telling you all.

Now, what's it to be girls, sugar and lemon or maple syrup???

Do let me know wontcha and have a fab night xxxxx

30 comments:

SewSuzySew said...

Oooooh, Love the Colours and you're so right that Cats a Cutie!

Fab Card and very Striking!

Hugs
Suze x

Marcea said...

Love it babe - what a fab image - fabby colour combo too, no wonder you love it. I am another one who likes sugar and lemon (great taste kim hun). Enjoy your posh pancakes hun - I will be pretending to be domesticated with batter flying everywhere tomorrow :o)
Band run for me tonight so no jimjams til later ... am wiped out too, never mind
Enjoy your wine hunny
-x-

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card hun, love the colour combo, v funky! Fantastic image, very cute :o)

I felt bad for Jess, I suppose she's just not as poular as others, its a shame all these ay gshows are really just a poularity contest. Wasn't Ray fab and I was just hising behind my hands when Roxie did the headbanger again lol

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card love the image so cute and i simply adore the black and red together:)
Val xxx

Riet said...

woww Dawny,what a gorgeous card,l love the colours.

heel erg mooi.

hugs Riet.xx

Kath Stewart said...

Well Mrs...there's been a posting fest in the last few days...can't keep up....and what a gorgeous card...love red and black and a delish image....and speaking of delish....maple syrup girl me.
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh just fabulous Dawny and just love the cute kitty, your design is fantastic, MMMmmmm looking forward to my lemon and sugar pancakes tomorrow! Hugs, Nikki x

Dawn said...

awwww anything furry feline is fine with me - I lurvs it!!!
Gorgoeus card Dawny - oooh me thinks I will ahve a go at this one!!

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

Louly said...

Cor Dawny what a purrfect card! I love that colour combo too.♥♥♥

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous and so gorgeous ,brilliant sketch again ,hugs Dawnxx

Ann said...

Fab sketch Dawny, and a really cute card, gorgeous detail as ever. xxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love that little kitty and the colour combo looks fab.
I will be having my pancaked with sugar and lemon yummy!!!. I got mine in a jar that you just add water to so I have cheated a bit as well. Will only be having 1 myself though am on a diet, thats what I am telling my WW leader anyway!!!!!!
Lyndsey xx

Caryn said...

Gorgeous Dawn - the colour combo is also one of my all time favourites.

I love the card from yesterday too - that little slant on the shape looks brilliant. May have to erm borrow that idea one day!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, oh no wonder you fell in love his is adorable, love it too and our card is as fabulous as ever. Love the paper piercing on the boxers, lol and gorgoeus papers. Hope you enjoyed your soaps and vino hun.

Thanks for a fabulous sketch, I had lots of fun
Have a great week
hugs
Tracie :)x

SallyB said...

Beautiful colours!What a nice change from girly ones.. I never tire of seeing Dulcies little cats.
This one with the washing is great!

Macpurp said...

this is lovely! i have had a wee play with your lovely sketch!


poor Jess , she shouldn't have been in the skate off, but the good bit was getting to see the bit they missed the first time round.

pancakes....can i have home made choc sauce on mine? i will take it with me? or banana's and toffee sauce?

love teen xx

Enfys said...

I love this image Dawny, fab sketch as well, I need to get busy. Have a wonderful pancake day - what could be better than markies ANYTHING, if it's from marks 'n spensive it will be fab!!
hugs
En xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card... love the kitty and the coloring is wonderful...

Donalda said...

Oh Dawny your card is just adorable hon and love your sketch. I even managed to get to your sketch this week. Cool Hu???

Gayle said...

Hi honey...

Maple syrup (by the gallon) all the way....was the years spent in the US that did it! Hmn...even need some crispy bacon on the side...I can hear my poor husband wretching at the thought!
DELISH!
I'll have a happy three year old today, and batter everywhere...but it has to be done!
Luv'n'Hugs
G x

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow I love this one Dawny! I say lemon and sugar all the way!!!! Yeah for Pancake Day!

Mrs Wonka x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Dawn, I love the cute image and the colours you have used are great. Thanks for reminding me it is pancake day I had forgotten!! Better go and buy some eggs. have a good day

Carla D said...

A cute card and a lovely sketch.

Hugs,
Carla

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love that sketch.

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Full of gorgeous-ness Dawny - love the stamp and your fab colours....wonderful sketch too....xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that kittie and your coloring, details, and wonderful sketch. Happy Tuesday.

Katy said...

Fab card!! Love the cat its very cute :)

xx

Anonymous said...

what a fab cards you create.. i llove the color combi..

Sharon Caudle said...

sugar and lemon, please! It sounds absolutely delightful!!

Love your card Dawny!! red, black, and white is such a striking combo! LOVE IT!!! hugs!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Such a striking card Dawny, love that cute cat image and the colours are just fabulous, i love the combination. Hope youre having a good week hunny, oooh strawberries and cream with chocolate sauces for me! hugs Linda x