Friday 6 February 2009

Cutie Lil Mousey xx

Ohh I love him xxx

And I thought he was perfect to have a go at this weeks WOJ challenge whch is based on a beautiful sketch by Donalda xxx

Up until today, I only had 2 WOJ stamps to me name, and I felt a bit left out not being able to do their challenges. Well I could have, but only at Christmas cos they are both seasonal images!!!

So I was a teeny bit naughty and I treated myself to a couple. Well 4 to be exact, unless my other half is reading this, in which case it was just the one love, lol xxx

I can't remember the last time I did a card that was not square, apart from when I've been doing nestie demos!! It was a bit of a change, but I am more in my comfort zone with a 6x6 square card base.

The papers are PP and Willow and the punch is .... not my MSBP, but a Fiskars lovely. The photo corners I got from the Paper Mill Shop and the flowers were punched and coloured and generally tarted up by moi (PMs and doodles). The buttons were from Poppicrafts

Not the usual angle cos I couldn't get my head around the best way to take this. But at least you can see them there flower things I did.

I'm doing an all day workshop tomorrow for Creative Pastimes. And I've only gone and tipped a scalding hot just been made drink of herbal tea (raspberry and echinacea, whatever that is!!) all over my hand - dope!!! That's what you get when you are too busy watching Bob Geldoff telling all and sundry that he does not like Mondays!! Well matey boy, I don't like hot tea all over me hand so I know how you feel !!! It's ok now - cold water is a wonderful thing, but what a dozy mare I am at times!!!

So I'm off to watch the rest of the top 100 No 1s on one of the MTV channels!! Rich and I are having a bet on what will be the top No 1. We both thought Bohemian Rhapsody would be in the top 3 but that is only No 9.

What will it be I wonder? I'll let you know tomorrow.

Have a fab Saturday xxxx

32 comments:

Mouse40 said...

Oh, it is so sweet! Mouse - my love forever:)

Mary Dawn said...

i love that happy little mousey!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Stunning card Dawny - love your choice of papers and that is a cutey stamp....I think we're all hiding things at the mo - not good is it....but they know the truth really....and we deserve our treats.

Sorry to hear about your hand - hope you have a good day....you fit so much in your week - oooh to have that much energy! Have fun xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful Dawny, very subtle and sweet at the same time!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawny, I'm loving that mouse and your card is great. Hope your hand is ok. Jan.

jan_buckley@blueyonder.co.uk

Ann said...

A very smart little mousey, and a really pretty card - hope your hand recovers soon - have a glass or two of wine - that should take the pain away - lol. xxx

Jo said...

Another fabulous card Dawny! Love this mouse and in fact just received some images of this from a lovely blogging buddy. Like you, I only own three of these stamps but hope to change that soon!

DillyDilly said...

Lovely card - I've just treated myself to two of their stamps as well & joined in with the first time. I have to try to get to the post first !. Hope the hand isn't too sore. Have a good demo Hugs Dilly

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card Dawny, he is very cute think i ne a couple more of them stamps!!! Do hope you hand is ok today,have fun on your workshop, sue.x

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just adorable dear. I love your papers and your image is just colored beautiful as always dear such gorgeous flowers hon. This is just beautiful!!!!!

Macpurp said...

this is a beautiful card. I love the flowers.

is your hand ok?
and go on ...what was the number 1 song?
love tina x

Jill said...

ohh Dawny, you will have to be more careful hun, hope you hand is feeling better now? Love your gorgeous card, the paper flowers are gorgeous and I'm loving the cute lil mouse, thanks for your lovely comments hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

wath a beautiful cards Dawny.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Pauline C said...

Fab card Dawn - cool colour scheme and love how you have coloured in Henry. Hope your hand is feeling better ... we wouldn't want you laid up from cardmaking would we hun? Have a great weekend
Pauline x

Rach said...

a fab card Dawny, love the colours that you have used.. good for you for treating yourself.
Hope that your hand is ok!
xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card babe so beautifully coloured ,love it hugs Dawnxxx
hope you are ok catch up soon xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your card Dawny that little mousey is beautiful..great to catch up with all your gorgeous creations chick:)~X~

Bev said...

Aww way too cute Babes, love the soft colours and those yummy papers.

hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

So pleased you could join us this week dear and with sucj a beautiful card to. Great colouringof little Henry and the perfect papers to match, love those flowers hope the demo goes well
Big Hugs
Jacqui x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card as always...love the image and your doodled flowers are fab.....have a great time at your demo and hope the hand is OK...enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs Kath xxxx

scotspanda said...

hope the hand is ok hunni! Gorgeous card, I do love it :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Katy said...

Cute card, love the little mouse :P

xx

jeanie de la rama said...

blogged about this!

http://jeaniebnieva.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-candies.html

tracie said...

Oh wow Dawny this is adorable, I just love this little Henry Mouse and you've coloured him beautifully - gorgeous, gorgeous.. Enjoy your workshop today hun.
hugs
Tracie :)x

Julie said...

Hi Dawn..sorry its been a while.
Love all the cards you have been making ,looking fab! x

Beth said...

This is so fab!! I love this little mouse and the papers are a fave of mine too! xx

Marcea said...

Love this hun, this is such a fab image and I adore WOJ too - seems wrong not to order few, in fact it would be just plain rude, lol. Hope you rhand is ok now. Didn't see the number 1's so come on who was it??? I am thinking an x factor person but depends when programme was made. Have a fab day - wish I lived closer cos I could come and learn all your craftiness and ask loads of dumb questions (well, there is always one isn't there!!)
-x-

Sabina said...

Love it!!! What a cute mouse.

Cheryl said...

Such a cut little mouse Dawny and so sweet with the flowers.....

Sue said...

awww this is such a sweet card, i adores this little mouse:)

sue
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so adorable! The colors are great, the paper is fabulous and the image is just TO cute!

So sorry about your hand. Glad it is feeling better.

Have a fabulous day!

Tonya

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh.. too cute Dawny and love your colouring and layout, Hugs, Nikki x