Monday 9 February 2009

Eye Candy Plus Papertake Weekly xxx

What more could a girl want!!
I know this lil sweetie is just gorgeous but there's more eye candy later!!

This is my card for this weeks Papertake Weekly which is based on a Dawny sketch. The image is Sugar, one of the Frilly Milly's from Pink Petticoat - I just love her!! I coloured her with PMs and highlighted with Glamour Dust, the sentiment is also PP and the papers are Nitwits.

I made this for Steph's birthday, but due to technical difficulties ie 'someone' forgot to take it to the post office for me on Saturday while I was at the workshop, she won't get it until tomorrow.

But happy birthday chick xxx

Pop over and check out the other girls work cos there are some totally fabulous cards to feast your eyes on.

Talking of which, I mentioned the verrry gorgeous George yesterday and my bloggy pal Gayle said that she preferred Andrew Ridgley when they were in their Wham heyday. So I thought, lets have a butchers at them now - compare and contrast as they say!!!

Steady girls, no hyperventilating now ......






So which one do ya reckon?








Well of course, for me there is no comparison. Have you ever seen such a lovely set of gnashers in your life!! What an incredibly beautiful guy (sigh sigh lol xx)

To be honest, I wasn't really into Wham cos I was probably a bit old for that sort of thing when they had their fame and glory.

But my first love was Donny Osmond. I loved him when I was 13 as only a teenie girl could - I was convinced we would get married!!! And I had loads of pics on my bedroom wall of him, including a double page spread from the Jackie. I put a little piece of sellotape on the bottom edge and I used to fold it up when I was getting me nightie so Donny wouldn't see lol xxx

All together now .........

And they called it Puppy Lo - o - o -ove!!!

Ahhhhh, bless!!

I was obviously fickle cos by the time I was 16 I had been in love with David Cassidy, Marc Bolan, Noddy Holder (Slade, yes him with the gob - how shameful!!) and Bryan Ferry. But Donny, you were my first - the others were just pale imitations!!!! (Like he is ever going to read this - doh!!!)

Here's a thought.
Remember Isla St Claire from The Generation Game? Well, if she had married Barry White, got divorced from him and then married Bryan Ferry, she would have been known as Isla White Ferry!!! Ohh that's awful - and no, I haven't been on the vino (I wish - flippin diet!!)

So who was your first pin up boy then? Pray tell!!

On that note, I'm off for an Options Hot Choc (2 syns) and a read.
See ya tomorra peeps xxxxx

31 comments:

Shivvy x said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the image and your colours are perfect!!

Siobhan xxx

Kath Stewart said...

Fabby card..love this download from Liz...was swithering but now I am off to get it....love the soft pastel colours.
You had me nearly wetting myself with your covering up Donny's eyes while you put on your nightie.
Now you have to remember that I am a smidgen older..and was horse mad...so my dreamboat was Ty Hardin (Bronco Lane) the cowboy...he was so delish...wonder what he looks like now....am off to Google him....god that was some rant.
Hugs kath xxxxx

Macpurp said...

I have that puppy love song stuck in my head now!! Thanks for that!

and that joke!!!!
LOl

beautiful card
love teen xx

Marcea said...

do you know hun, you are darn good value for money. I am sat here laughing my head off and hubby asks whats so funny - I tell him but being as he is of the male variety (not too bright are they) he didn't quite get it .... never mind ... still chuckling. Oh yes, very lovely card too!
-x-

CraftyC said...

I was a Duran Duran fan, Simon Le Bon was my 1st Love, gosh, this takes me back, will be hunting down the 45's next LOL. Lovely card as well.
Clairex

Caryn said...

Gasp - that can't be Andrew Ridgley!! OMG! I was a Georgie girl to be fair, never saw anything in Andrew. Didn't see the gay thing though, was convinced I was going to marry him when I grew up!!

This card is just gorgeous Dawn. I love the PP stuff too.

By the way, I know you've had them all a gazillion times but there's a wee summat on my blog for you.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Pauline C said...

Fab card Dawny! My fi5rst pinup was David Cassidy ... my friend was in love with David Bowie but she was a bit forward for her age lol!!
Pauline x

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Dawny...you've got that song stuck in my head! LOL!!! LOVE your card!! She's soooo cute!!! Of course I love ALL your cards!

First love? Oh man can I ever remember sitting in front of the TV just WAITING for Ricky Nelson to croon to me at the the end of...oh gosh...here comes the age thing again !! Was it the Ricky Nelson show? I can't remember. But oh my can I ever remember those dreamy eyes and lips singing to me through the TV!! SIGH! LOL!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card makes me smile.

cats whiskers said...

Well hun couldn't sleep tonight - morning so thought I would do a bit of blog ho[ping might have known you would make me laugh out loud, Now being a BIT older than you my pin up was Billy J Kramer and Billy Fury, but I think I had a regression in my early thirties cos I feel in love with John Travolta, I even had a great big Piccie of him in the downstairs loo. Unfortunately my Foster Boys decided to it was rather undignified for a 30something foster mum to have a pin up and drew glasses spots etc all over my lovely picture. I tell you what though even at my stage in life I wouldn't mind a date with Johnny Depp now What a man.
Hugs Jacqui x

Ann said...

You know Dawny, there is never a dull moment when I pop along to your blog - it is like picking up a good book and having a big smile xxx Anyway that aside, your card is just so pretty and beautiful, as are all of your cards. xxx

Gayle said...

Oh my darling Dawny P....
Grey and distinguished! ALWAYS! Anyhoo...it was more a 'nose thing' I do have a bit of a fetish!
Hmn...you've just provoked a post! Compare the beaks...honestly they're all the same!
Luv'n'Hugs

Gayle x

Ali Watson said...

Ohh for me it had to be Scott Baio from Happy Days he played Chachi and he was also Bugsy in Bugsy Malone.

Stacey said...

I love love LOVE this one Dawny! Fab layout and gorgeous image. I'm ashamed to say that my first pin up was..... Jason Donovan! Stop laughing, I know now that he is truly awful! ~x~

debby4000 said...

OMG had to wipe the tears from laughing so much.
Fab card by the way.

Mrs Wonka said...

George Michael all the way for me.......as for the other people I wouldn't have a clue as I appear to be so much younger than you... ;) LOL

Now Rick Astley......he was something else....oh the shame!!!! I had a giant cut out of his head and I used to sing to it.....

Mrs W x

SallyB said...

Oh my..love the card by the way.
I loved David Cassidy. Have his cd in my car. My daughters love him now would you believe. Donnie was OK. Huge Bay City Rollers fan- young Les was nice. I had huge crush and still do on Robert Redford! Butch and Sundance...such bad boys..mmm

scotspanda said...

heeheee I do love coming to your blog every day, I am always guaranteed a good giggle! Your card is gorgeous, I love those papers :o)

Thanks for the pics too.......still Georgie for me and always will be, defo a waste eh?

George was my first crush, but there have been several since lmao

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Katy said...

Fab card Dawny love the image :)

xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeuos card Dawny.
Can't believe that Andrew R looks like that now!! Was never really a Wham fan. I was in love with Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet, and still hold a bit of a torch for him. He is ageing very well LOL!!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Sue said...

gorgeous card dawny..i love it:)


The Wham men are not for me though, i like a bit of Johnny Depp or George Clooney or should i say ...
i'd like a lot of them both...lol

sue
xx

Sharon said...

Great card Dawny and your post has really made me smile. I was a Duranie so Simon Le Bon was my first love along with John Schneider who was the blonde one on the Dukes of Hazzard; in fact he is still rather hot!!

Anonymous said...

`Beautiful` card Dawny...

Donny all the way for me....lol.:)~X~

Riet said...

woww Dwany,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, lov ethe cute image and the pretty colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Louise said...

Fabulous card, Dawn and I love the colour scheme to! The Frilly Millies are so sweet - I only have Twinkle at the moment but I'll be off to get Cocoa and Sugar soon,
Louise x

Julie said...

Definitely David Soul (Hutch from Starsky and Hutch!) I had a thing for Donny Osmond too. Love your card, I am so tempted by those Frillie Millies

Bev said...

Fabulous card sweetie - love those colours and the image is way too adorable!! It's a brilliant sketch to work to as well, you're so clever.

Okay, firstly I was never a GM fan - give me Andrew any day (although he ain't aged too well has he lol)

My first love - oh the shame!!! David Cassidy followed closely by the entire Bay City Rollers crew - gawd I went and saw them a couple of years ago at the arena and cringed!! None of them have aged gracefully and their voices were never that bad all those years ago were they??!! And when David Essex came on the stage and strangled Hold me Close I crawled under the sodding seat with embarrassment pmsl.

And now - well George Clooney any day!! Be still my beating heart - hang on whilst I swoon!!!

Thanks for the giggle babes
B x

Lori said...

My pin up guy was Bobby Sherman, but second was Donny Osmond.

Unknown said...

You crack me up!!!

Jill said...

absolutely adorable I love this image and your beautiful card, aww Dawny you do make me laugh hugs Jill x