Friday 6 February 2009

Pink, Green & Cute Card Thursday xxx

I love this stamp alotta lol xx

I was lucky enough and very honoured to be a guest team member over at Cute Card Thursday. When I heard that the theme was Metallica, I had visions of Tilda and Edwin Magnolia head banging - now there's a thought!!! Or maybe Daisy Sugar Nellie crowd surfing lol xxx

But no, the challenge this week is to use some metal on your card, so wire, charm, eyelets etc.

So I used a little heart charm and some funky green wire which I bought the other day cos I just lubs that colour so much. Now I've put it on the card, I'm not sure about it, but on it went so there ya go!!!

I used one of my Alota stamps - these are a couple of sweetie little sausages aren't they!! And the bad boy PMs were frogmarched back to the craft room and lovingly used, and I reunited them with the old Glamour Dust as well. The ribbon is just fabulous and I got it from a local wholesaler - same place I got the red and white gingham on the hedgie card.

The papers were PP, except for the pink spotty one which I got from Sharon at Willow Designs


Love that pretty green, I really do.

I don't often do a card for challenges with someone in mind, but this time I did.
I couldn't post it cos it it won't get there in time, but this card is for my friend, the very wonderful Donalda, just to say good luck on Saturday - she will know what for - cos she likes a bit of heavy metal!! You go girl lol xxxx

That's it for now, but I may well be back later with more stuff of the cardy type. But in case I don't, I just wanted to share this with you. I came across a website yesterday that has FREE papers and things. Check it out here - there's some awesome flippin stuff there.

If I don't see ya later, have the fabbiest of fab days and I hope the snow is behaving itself where you are. We don't have any and I feel a bit cheated. What little bit we did have has gone, cry cry!!!

Never mind eh!!!

BFN xxxx

23 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is so delicious....lvoe the softie pastel colours and that ribbon is fabby....up to my knees in snow here...do you want some..off now to check out this website
Hugs Kath xxxx

Joey said...

Hi Dawny, this is gorgeous! loving the green on your card too, how did you colour your image so softly with promarkers? geeees mine are always so bright lol, love the layout too. joey.xxx
ps: thanks for that web link.x

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & big bow!!!

ps.catch ya on Facebook,lol!!! ;O)x

Stressed Stamper said...

lovely card, colours fantastic, everything just goes really well

Sarah

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, such a cute image and i love the pretty bow. Hugs Nikki x

Katy said...

Fab card!! love the image and the colouring :)

xx

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear friend!!!!! I so love the gorgeous soft colors you used. Thank you soooooooo much for thinking of me and I hope I can do it good lol
Yelp you got the heavy metal right lol
Hugs dear friend !!!!!!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love hte image and the papers look great. Love the green bow with the charm and the swirly metal bits looks fab.
Lyndsey xx

Dawn said...

This is just so cute so the Bad Boys didn't resist mcuh then I take it!!!
Your design is just awesome girl!, awesome!!!!
Now what's this about Facebook???!!!

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

Marcea said...

hiya babe, loving this cute card. Glad to see the glamour dust in full flow!!! Hope you ahve a great weekend
-x-

Sharon Caudle said...

this is beautiful Dawny! Love your coloring and the pink and green are just gorgeous! Awesome card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Beth said...

Well done on being the guest designer! And such a gorgeous card, the colours are fab! xx

Mouse40 said...

Very sweet card, nice couple. I think it is perfect gift for child :)

Lexxie said...

Wow, what a stunner. That bow is AMAZING!!
Love Sarita xx

CraftyC said...

A real sweety Dawny, got that stamp somewhere, unused of course LOL
Clairex

sharon said...

Yoo hoo......oohh this is mighty fine...and your colouring is gorge...guess what I received back from the magazine this week....my brave soldiers...my bad boys...whatever you want to call them..you just can't beat them...toodlepip for now ..have a fantastic weekend, and don't drink too much tea;)..lol.x

Macpurp said...

this is so pretty with its soft colours! And I love that ribbon and wire!

we have more slush & ice than snow.
very cold and slippy.
love teen xx

Samantha said...

WOW- You are amazing- you go girl!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the team Dawny! What a beautiful card you have created here - very subtle and elegant. Lol Lynn x

Jill said...

ohh Dawny another gorgeous creation, I love the colour combo and image so fresh hugs Jill x

Stacey said...

Ooh, what a yummy card?! That bow is totally splendid ~X~

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card ;)

hugs Ria

Iris said...

Great card, I love the image and the colors.
Hugs
Iris