Wednesday 23 March 2011

Simon Says Happy Mother’s / Girlie Day xxx

Simon Says Stamp Challenge

Hi lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today :)

Today over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, we  have a Mothers Day or Girlie challenge for you and there is another fabulous prize of a $50 spending spree – woooohooooo :)

All of the DT have used Basic Grey products and I have to say that I don’t use BG papers that often 

BUT I spied these papers …..

*Basic Grey BASIC WHITE PAPER PACK Cardstock 12 x 12 2565

… in the Simon Says Stamp Store and thought they looked really nice (pic is linked peeps xxx)

IRL they are even nicer and ….

Picture 017c copy

…. so is this card but try as I did, I just could not get it to look right in the pics.

It is actually for Richards’s Mum.

It’s very ‘her’ and I think (hope!!) she will like it.

Picture 019cc copy

I used a large Prima flower as the base and then made a carnation with some smaller flowers. I added some Copic shading to the small flowers before I put them together and also some Diamond Stickles to the large one – you can just about see it if you squint very hard.

Picture 018c copy

Same again  for the other flower and I sat it on some tulle which started life as white but after a few swipes of the good old bad boy pens, ended up a Copic E41 shade :)

The letters are Basic Grey stickers stuck onto oval Nesties

Picture 017c11 copy        *2010 Hero Arts LACE RIBBON WHITE Adhesive ch232   *10 Hero Arts EARTH MIXED ACCENTS CH214 Brown

And finally …

Picture 020c copy

… here’s another view – and that’s me done.

It’s quite different from my usual style but I really do love fiddling about and doing something different  every now and then.

But will normal service be resumed tomorrow ?

Here’s a sneakie peekie …

Picture 004sa

Mmm, there’s pink and there’s blooms and there’s spots. So it’s looking likely lol!!

See you tomoz, have a great day – fab Spring weather here today, yippppeeee -  and hugs to all xxx

9 comments:

Aluna said...

Beautiful card! A modest and elegant. xx Aluna

Macpurp said...

this is really differnt for you! I like it!

love teen x

Kirsty said...

Hi I saw this on SSS challenge and had to comment. I was looking for inspiration for a card for my womderful mum so I think I will try these papers. Love your card. Kitty :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I am sure your MIL will love this ,, gorgeous papers and design ,,,, lovely :-)

See you on Saturday !!! :-) Can't wait !! x

luv
Lols x x x

Loz said...

it's gorgeous, very grown-up :) love that paper pack.. I have the kraft & manilla BG packs.. really think I need to add this one too!! Thanks for the temptation :)

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous as always, I always look at your blog but don't always leave a comment so will try harder lol but I want to say your work is ALWAYS STUNNING!
hugs
Sue xo

petra,s cards said...

hi dawny what a lovely card and collors!!!
xx petra

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Dawny, I love the CAS look and you've captured it perfectly - those flowers are so scrumptious!!
hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful work, Dawny!! I'm really loving the paper and the embellies are perfect :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!