Wednesday 30 March 2011

Going Back To My Roots :)

Picture 005c copy copy

Morning loverly peeps and hope you are all OK xxx

Today's card is sort of going back to the style I used to do all the time which is fairly plain, with simple lines and not much in the way of embellies. Of course the old fave glitter and ribbon are still there – but then they always were lol!!!

The card is for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is this fab sketch by our very own Domi

… and it’s just the sort of layout I like so  I will use this again for sure, thank you Domi xxx

As usual Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to her FANTASTIC Simon Says Stamp Superstore !!

If you get a sec, nip and check out the NEWEST stuff on the All New Just In Page

This week the Design Team have all used Penny Black stamps and there is a mahoosive selection to choose from in the store :)

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did.

I used this old fave Penny Black stamp of mine – Bee Costume – which I LOVE and I coloured it with these Copics -

BV23, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, R00, Y03, Y15, Y17, Y38

It’s a doddle to colour as well :)

Picture 002c copy

Punched flowers with a bit of doodling – oops sorry, you can see the big blob of  glue trying it’s best  to hide and not doing a very good job of it :(

Slap dash Phillips strikes again lol!!!

Picture 004c copy

Picture 003c copy

So there’s the old card done :)

Very much the old Dawny style I think but there’s nowt wrong in a bit of retro every so often …. and sadly I have plenty of retro to choose from!!! This was one of them cards that the more I looked at it, the more I like it – doesn’t happen often cos it is usually the other way around!!!

I am still hurtling round at 90mph as most of us who work in the finance sector are at this time of year (almost the end of the tax year) so it’s another quickie again. I’ll be back tomoz with my LOTV card so I’ll see you then but in the meantime, have a fab day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

 

20 comments:

yvon said...

So gorgeous Dawny. Love your bright colors and the image is beautiful colord.
Hugs, Yvon

craftymum said...

Wonderful card Dawny. Love the bright colours very much
hugs Sarah x

Victoria said...

lovely card beautifully coloured. I used to work in the financial sector too so can symphasise with financial year end madness. Hope you are able to rest at the weekend xxx

Kath Stewart said...

love what you've done with this gorgeous PB image....a real stunning dawny card...big hugs kath xxx

allex said...

Well, plain with simple lines obviously works for me 'cos I love, love this card. Stunning colours and a great layout, keep visiting retro Dawny !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Dawny,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Dawny,Love your card,so cute! I have this stamp too!
hugs
doreen

petra,s cards said...

hi dawny what a beautiful card!! i love the yellow collors whit the black and white ribbon!!!
xx petra

Analia Cristina said...

Beautiful this cat with wings!

Jane said...

Oldie but Goodie!!!xx

Lorraine A said...

I love this card Dawny :-) The image is just sooo cute and the yellow gingham paper is perfect :-) Gorgeous work !! :-)

Oohh you sound busy !! you must be exausted after last weekend too !! hope you find time to put your feet up me darlin xx

luv
Lols x x x

Sonia said...

Dawny I likey very much :) Good luck with the number crunching ;)
Hugs Sonia xx

Sue said...

Hi ya Dawn
wow what a striking card, luv the colour combo, awesome colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, sue,x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful yellow and black combo. fabulous image, your glue bob is nothing compared to the spider webs I usually end up with..lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Tiya-B said...

Stunning card, lovethe image,love the colors and all the accessories.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Dawny, love the sunny colours.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

This is absolutely adorable Dawny, just love the colours you've chosen and superb colouring. hugs Sharon

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Dawny.The colours are fab and really bright and beautiful.Cute stamp too.Debbie x

Heather said...

Hi Dawny - fabulous card, love your stunning colours, papers and the sweet image - I love how you always manage to make your cards look so clean and fresh!!
So great to meet up at the weekend, thanks for helping make it special!!
hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness Dawny, gorgeous detailing with the flowers and ribbon!! I love the color combo, perfect with the image ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp