Wednesday 2 March 2011

Cookin’ Up A Bit Of Brightness :)

Picture 007c copy

Morning peeps and hope you are OK and especially your eyes after this post today lol. Sadly the weather doesn't quite match up to the brightness today as it is a bt on the grey side – a bit  like Tildas troosers

OK shades on peeps !!!

Over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge today we have a nice little recipe challenge for you and it is

1 Image
2 Patterned Papers (+ plain card for layering)
3 Different Types of Embellishment

As usual Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to her FANTASTIC Simon Says Stamp Superstore !!

It’s a fab prize for sure :)

Picture 001c copy

And here’s me dazzle-tastic card!!

So for my 1 image …..

I coloured the Sneaky Tilda  image with Copics  in these colours -

E00, E21. R11, R20 (skin), E42, E50 (hair), Coo, C1, C3, C5, RV0000, Rv00, RV10, Y38,YR0000, YR68

and the sharp eyes will notice that these are mostly from the same list as yesterday and there is a good reason for that peeps …. yes, I had yet another senior moment and put the wrong list up yesterday – doh, sorry chicks!!!

The 2  papers are both freebies by the very beautiful Summer Driggs xxx

And the 3 embellies  I used are …

Picture 005c copy

**Prima CRAFTABLE FLOWERS 544010 WHITE

… some Prima Flowers – click the pic and it will take you straight there.

I  coloured some with with Copics and then assembled them as per this YouTube tutorial I think they look fab and ohhh so easy to do!!

Picture 006c copy

Then I added a bit of ribbon and there’s a sneaky bit of the old Tilda Lace Die (which you can get over at the Simon Says Stamp Store)  peeping out :) ….

Picture 008c copy

… and finally I added some bling which I also coloured with Copics.

Picture 002c copy      Picture 003c copy

Picture 004c copy

So that’s me done for today chicksies.

I hope that your retinas haven't suffered too much and I’m sure that I will be back to my pale and pastel self tomorrow

Nip over and check out the challenge if you get a sec, and also the DT cardage as well :)

Have the fabbiest of days and hugs to all xxx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous you have inspired me to use bright colours, I dont normally use yellows or orange but when I say yours I had a go last night, just have to make the card now,
Chris x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely stunning.....love those gorgeous flowers and love the colours too :o)
hugs and xxx

Kathryn said...

gorgeous card, I love those colours! and I would never pick up orange, must try it! cheers up a grey day, K x

Marg said...

What a wonderful card Dawny. I love the colour you have used - I'm sure it's not orange it's Tangerine for my fave football club! x

allex said...

Amazing card Dawny, lurving the colour combo and those prima flowers are stunning !!

Hugs, sandra xx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, that is bright but makes you wake up to gorgeous Spring colours ! Love everything about this card Dawny and all your details are so great.

Hugs,

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! She's so precious!! I just adore all of the bright orange colors here!! :) TFS! HUGS

Jane said...

This is stunning hun! love the gorgeous bright colours - definitely cheered me up on this dull day! hugs, jane x

Julie said...

Love the zingy colour Dawny, fab card

Andrea said...

This is gorgeous - I love the orange, and that orange flower is just stunning.
Love, Andrea xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulously bright. I love the orange...gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous sunny cheerful card Dawny ,,, I love the bright colours ,,, nothing wishy washy about this !! I love it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

White if you Like said...

Love the orange with the denim blue.
We have a Competition running atm where you can win lots of Fiskars Tools. It might interest you. Check us out www.fiskarettes.co.uk

Emma Williams said...

What a fabulous card and I love the colours...it's stunning and perfect for a spring day!! Gorgeous...
Hugs, Emma xx

Jacilynn said...

i guess if you are going to break from the pastels orange is a great way to do it. Fabulous

Heather said...

Stunning colours Dawny - so unlike you, lol!! Gorgeous Tilda and beautiful embellies - love it!!
hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous, Dawny!!! I love the color orange...so bright, cheery, and sunny!! And I love the gems and flowers coordinating :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp