Friday 11 March 2011

Clean & Crisp :)

 Picture 008c copy

Morning peeps and Happy Friday xxxx

It’s almost the weekend – not long now – and time for another fab challenge from the girls over at the

Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar challenge.

We are all going to take turns to host the challenges and this week it is the turn of the wonderful Jacque

We have a lovely sketchie from our Bev and ….

… it’s this one here.

We also have not one but 2 prizes this week and they are …

     

…a £10 Dies To Die For voucher and from Letraset, a Stamping Set of Promarkers :)

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did with the sketch. The sweet little hAnglar girlie was coloured with the old Copics in these colours -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E40, E42, E50 (hair), B0000, B000, B00, RV0000, RV00, RV10 (clothes etc).

And those gorgeous papers were a freebie with a mag. They are Craftwork Cards Vintage Rose and they are so clean and fresh (and excellent quality).

I will be buying some of these for sure – I am LOVING them!!!!

Picture 007cc copy

The sentiment is part of a Unity Stamps set which you can get here from those good peeps across the pond at the Simon Says Stamp Store

Here …

*Unity Itty Bitty HELLO MY FRIEND Cling Rubber Stamp

.. is the full set.

Nice I think, and good value as well at $3.99  :)

Picture 222008c copy

I made a simple arrangement using some Wild Orchid Crafts  beauties, including a couple of hydrangeas which I threaded with a small blue rose

Picture 004c copy   

You can see it a bit better here :)

Picture 002c copy                       Picture 003c copy

Picture 006c copy

Right that’s the old cardage done for today and indeed for this week.

I am off to put the finishing touches to the pink room as we are calling it now.  The bookcase is now back and I'm just re-arranging all the bits and bobs. Then it will be fingers crossed that she actually likes what we’ve done!! We are going to get some stickers and pictures etc tomorrow but I will let her choose them herself,  despite Nicola and Emma thinking I am mad to let her pick – her taste is rather questionable to be fair. But then again she is only 5, bless her. I can confidently predict that whatever she chooses will be pink, glittery and sparkly and as chav-tastic as it gets!!!

Have the best weekend and see you all soon.

Hugs to all xxx

15 comments:

Jane said...

Dawny...do you ever do "bad" cards...me thinks NOT! This is another fresh, gorgeous card...love the use of blues for girls...More inspiration, thank you xx

Little K Smith said...

Stunning card, love the blue n pink together and beautiful flowers too :)
Kelly.x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous, zingy and fresh Dawny :)

I love this card the colours knock me out!

hugs

xxalisonxx

allex said...

This is the Dawny we all know and love. The colours are so clean and fresh and the colouring is amazing !!!!

Hugs, sandra xx

Sol said...

Lovely Card!!... The sketch is Wonderful.. I might join in!... And this little hänglär girl is so cute.. Lovely Colours... And Beautiful Embellished!!!! :o)

XxJULESxX said...

wow Dawny this is stunning!!!!! wish i could colour like you!!!

craftymum said...

super card Dawny. I love that vibrant blue too
could you email me address please as I would like to send you a Thank you card for the goodies you sent me. I did take the address of the package you sent but some how I have lost it! Probably stuck it on the front of a card!!!!!!
hugs Sarah x

Teri said...

Oh, so so sweet! I love this little girl, oh to actually have some of these images!!! Woe is me!! LOL!! Yours is beautifully colored and I love how you used the flowers!!
Hugs,
Teri

Chrissy said...

Just gorgeous, Dawny, you never cease to amaze me what you can do. I love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kirsty said...

Hi Lovin the papers blue is my fav colour and suits her so well . Gorgeous ! Love seeing thier wee face light up when they sleep in a new room with lots of pretty things is the best feeling ! Kitty

papertrails leaver said...

hey Dawny! Just thought I would stop by and say hello and leave you a comment for this super sweet card! :-) Amy

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card dawn and yes those papers are rather delish...would love to see a pic of the finished princess boudoir...big hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card..have fun picking things for the `pink` room:) x

Linda said...

Hi Dawny love your card it is so clean and simple and those pink flowers are a lovely contrast to the blue love Linda