Tuesday 31 August 2010

Sometimes I Just Don’t Look!!!!!

 

 

Picture 003 copy

 

Morning peeps and it’s a short week this week (and a bit of a short post today), so we’ll kick it off with another challenge over at Papertake Weekly.

This week it’s

Just The One

and you can either use just one of everything ie paper, blooms etc or you can stick with one colour which is what I did.

Picture 001 copy copy

I went for a sort of aqua colour and even though this Tilda is from a Christmas set, she is fine to use for birthdays I think. So I gave her the Copics treatment and used these colours -

BG0000, BG10, BG15, E0000, E00, E21, E42, E50, R11. R20

then I sprinkled her with Glamour Dust .

I could have just rubbed the card over the patio cos despite the rain and wind, it’s still twinkling merrily :)

 

Picture 003 copy  

The beautiful blooms and stamens are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and the tiny roses  started out as white but I dabbed them with one of me  Copics so that they matched. 

You can’t really see from the pic but they have all been dabbed with Stickles as well.

pearls

The self adhesive pearls are all from Wild Orchid Crafts as well and they really are the prettiest colours

 

image

The papers are just delish – they are from the new My Minds Eye Stomp paper pad which you can get from Dies To Die For. This pic does not do them justice because they are such awesome quality and the colours are gorgeous.

Picture 003paper

Now the title of this post is ‘Sometimes I Just Don’t Look’ and this is why.

See these Nellies Multi Frame rectangles here …….?

image

Well I have had them for a while but I only noticed the little bit in the middle yesterday.

Dohhhhh again!!!!

So I used it to put the sentiment on which was done on the ‘puter and printed onto Safmat :) These bad boys are available from Tracy at Dies To Die For as is the eyelet lace punch I used for the border.

Picture 004 copy

So that’s the card done and I’m off because I have a list of stuff to do that is as long as my arm and I just have to keep plodding through it until it’s all done. Have a great day lovely peepers and see you soon.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

16 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply stunning really love all the extra sparkle,you have added hugs cheryl xxx

Jane said...

OMG! I've got the oval version of those Nellie dies & I've just dug it out n' blow me...it's got the same middle bit!!! Well spotted you! Another DOH moment here too!!! XX Beautiful card...again XX

Anne said...

A real beauty, love the colour too, my fav at the moment! Hugs x

Julie said...

A lovely card as per usual Dawny

Sharon said...

Oh Dawny, you really made me laugh with your comment about the little bit in the middle of the Nellie Snellen die. I notice it straightaway (for once my brain was functioning properly) and have used it on a card which I am showcasing tomorrow. Just love that little bit. Your cards are fabulous and I noticed your cards in the C&P magazine. When I saw your pic I thought... but I KNOW that face...LOL huge hugs from little ol' me in sunny SA, hugs Sharon

Andrea said...

Wow! A stunning card - I love the colours and all the glimmer - so funny about your patio twinkling too!
I haven't got those dies but I have looked at them on the 'net and I hadn't noticed that bit in the middle either - might just have to take another look when my credit card is up to being used LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

Lisette Morris said...

Precious Card. I love the colors and the pearls aound the one side of the framed image. Beautiful!!

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Dawny!

Maria Therese said...

So sweet card!!

Denise said...

Beautiful card - lovely colours (and colouring) and I just adore the image.

Denise xx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

slinkycat said...

Oh so beautiful Dawny - as always. Love the aqua colour :)

Leanne x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, sweet Tilda and colours.
luv
Debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

the middle one in the oval is great too, so is your gorgeous blue card Mrs Nupty...
janex

Macpurp said...

beautiful card Hun. love the colours you have used.

I hate lists that get that long.....hope you are making headway!

love teen xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card..the colours are really pretty and I love the layout with the curving flowers and pearls :-) Dulcie xx