Monday 30 August 2010

Something To Share

Morning peeps and hope everyone is OK and having a good BH xxx

I’ve posted this on the wild Orchid Crafts blog but thought I’d share it here as well. I think this is the bloggy equivalent of my ‘phone voice’ cos I was on my best behaviour when I posted it lol !!!

……….

I thought I’d share this gift wallet which I made for my daughter to give to her friend who is getting married at the weekend.

They are giving money as their wedding gift but didn’t want to just put it into the card so she asked me to make something for her and this is what I did.

 

image

 

 It’s simply made from a sheet of A4 card on which I’d printed Pink Petticoat Pretty Little Hearts.

I used Gold solid on one side and the negative image on the other (which is the inside of the wallet). Then I used the positive image for the outside.

I folded it into 3,  taped the bottom section on the 2 outer edges then decorated it.

 

image

 

The beautiful blooms and embellishments I used were  ……

 

image

35mm Wild Rose in yellow which I then Glimmer Misted

 image

White Heather Stems which are new in and are of course to symbolise good luck

 

image

8mm semi-open roses, again in yellow

 

image

White Pearl Stamens

 

image

Pearlescent Gold Head Pins

 

image

5mm Brown Self Adhesive Pearls

You could co-ordinate this to match your wedding card and easily adapt it to hold gift vouchers etc.

And by using poinsettias and seasonal embellishments, it would be fab for Christmas.

Have a great day and happy crafting xxx

11 comments:

Anne said...

Wow, I'm sure the couple would be over the moon with this. Hugs x

Diane said...

This is gorgeous, Dawny and a wonderful idea for when giving money as a gift!
Diane x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and a fab idea. Love it xxxx

Denise said...

This is lovely. I'm sure the happy couple will be delighted (and impressed!!). Love the Pretty Little Hearts papers.
Hugs
Denise xx

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous. Lovely embellies and colour.

Cards By MI said...

Wonderful and simple! Just stunning!
Hugs,
Marie

Melissa said...

This card is gorgeous!!!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn said...

Hiya DAwny

Ooh love the gift holder, beautiful!

Hope you are well and no longer "glamour dusted"!! LOL

Hugs
Dawn
x

slinkycat said...

so beautiful Dawny. A little gift in itself :)

Leanne x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Hun this is a bit of lovely gorguesness, cannot spell today,
I have a little ward for you on my blog sweetie
Hugs
Jac xx