Friday 27 August 2010

What A Total Numptie :(o

image

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK xxx

Sometimes I surprise even myself with my general dippiness but yesterday I could not believe what I’d done when I was making this card.

More in a sec!!

But first, woohoo it’s Friday and the weekend starts here – well almost!!! So as always, it’s time to kick it all off with a challenge from the Tilda-tastic Just Magnolia girlies.

And this week we have a little piggy sketcheroonie for you …

sketch

… and it is this bad boy.

The JM girls have once again weaved their magic with it and as always have come up trumps with some fantabulous work, so if you get a sec do nip and have a nosey.

card

And this is what I did with it.

I thought I’d do it a bit different today so I’ve done the shopping list at the end along with a linked pic of what I used – hope this helps xxx

bloom1

Making this arrangement is when I went into numptie mode!!! Must have been cos I was inking the edges – I don’t usually do that!!!!

text

I stuck a tiny bead in the centre of each of the pearl star beads -  I rather like it!!!

Picture 004 copy

So that’s the old card.

It is a bit different for me I must admit but I was quite pleased with how it turned out. And given that it almost ended in disaster, it was a relief that it didn't all fall apart when I lifted it up.

So what happened was that my new Wild Orchid Crafts DT kit arrived and as always it was chock full of yumminess and I just could not resist having a fiddle. So I chose the flowers and arranged them on top of the card as I always do before sticking them down, and one I was happy, out came the silicone glue. I got it all stuck down then as I moved it, I realised that the other elements ie the image and paper panels etc hadn't been stuck down, only placed into position. So I had to get a cocktail stick and carefully poke glue under each piece taking care not to disturb anything.

What a flamin plonker!!!!

And  I’d already had one mishap earlier.

I’d been doing a class and the lid to my big tub of Glamour Dust hadn't been put back on properly. Yes, you guessed it!! I only realised when I got home and was unpacking and out came a very shiny paper trimmer, a twinkly Cuttlebug, glittering tools and scissors etc. And then the bag itself was covered!! So I took it outside and gave it a shake and then I was covered (now I know how the poor cat feels!!) .  Oh my life, how hard is that stuff to get off – grrr. Last night I went to Emma's and came back about 9.30-ish, just as Richard was getting in from work , and we noticed that our patio was just completely twinkling under the security light!!

It was disco-tastic!!!  We only need a glitter ball hanging from one of the trees and you’d think you were in Stringfellows lol!!!

Right I’m off but before I go I have to say a huge thank you to Janey for giving me this fab award xxx I did have a wry smile because she said she gave it to me cos, and I quote,  ‘just because she  can use flowers like no one else’. Yes chick, I guess it’s true – most people put their cards together and add the flowers last, not build their card around them!!!

It’s lovely hunny and thank you for thinking about me xxx

So I’ll leave you with the shopping – click on the pics and it will take you to the very place where you can get them!!)

Have a great day and hugs to all xxx

OK, want to go shopping?

Dies To Die For -

Copic Ciao 36 set C 

Ooops, fuzzy Copics!!!

I used the following colours -

E0000, E00, E21, E35, E42, E50, R11, R20, W00, Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y11, YG00, YG02

The paper is also from Tracy but I need to check which one it is – sorry peeps. I THINK it’s  a new one from The Paper Company but I’ll let you know (yet more dippiness!!).

 

Crafts U Love

          Click to Enlarge

 

Wild Orchid Crafts

    ** NEW ** 50 OLIVE GREEN MULBERRY PAPER CHERRY BLOSSOM FLOWERS  25 AUTUMN GOLD MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES 25MM     50 CREAM MULBERRY PAPER SEMI-OPEN ROSES - 8mm      ** NEW ** 60 YELLOW/GOLD SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS - 5mm

    heather          beads

The heather and those gorgeous pearl star beads will be available very soon – I’ll let you know when they are on the website :)

17 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

Gorgeous card as always - so it did turn out alright in the end. And thanks for a giggle this morning thinking about your discotastic patio. Ya never know what the foxes got up to once you went to bed - ha, ha. Marie x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I can just imagine you trying to poke glue under everything,, lol :-) I love the colours you used and the embellies are all fabulous !

Bet your neighbours love your twinkly patio :-) they will all want to come for a party !!

luv
Lols x x x

slinkycat said...

So beautiful as always :)

Leanne x

cheryl said...

oh well hun after all your mishaps,the card still turned out brilliantly,had a good giggle though oh cant wait for that heather to come into stock hugs cheryl xxxx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Julie said...

Great sketch and lovely card

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card ♥

Lynda said...

Beautiful card and a lovely sketch too - had a chuckle at your mishaps that sort of thing is pretty normal around here.

Love Lynda xxx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh this is so lovely Dawny! Gorgeous colourcombination and the image is adorable as well as the preety flowers!

Liefs, Renata

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

At first I thought you said you "got a cocktail" but then I read more and you wrote that you got a cocktail stick to fix it!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! You are so funny! LOVE your card and you did a fab job poking glue under all the pieces! Don't you just love glitter?! LOL! I had to make a run to the ER the other night to meet my son to make sure he was ok, (he is) and when I got there, he looked at me and goes "mom...you've got glitter all over your face!". LOL! Oh well...so it goes in the life of a crafter. Hope you're doing well!
big hugs!
Sharon

Jane said...

Aha! So your secret is out...flowers first, then build everything else on top!! I won't tell XX

Lorraine said...

another stunning card.you do make me laugh i can imagine what you were like trying not to make anything move lol xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Dawny, its so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Diane said...

I had such a chuckle reading this post, Dawny - it's just the sort of thing I can imagine myself doing! Anyway, the card turned out wonderfully! Are you dancing on the patio tonight?
Diane x

Anonymous said...

Simply Divine Miss Dawnie TFS:)x

Dawn said...

Love it DAwny! Love those flowers.