Wednesday 11 August 2010

Cute Girlie Gets The Summertime Blues :)

 

 image

Hi peeps and hope that everyone is well xxx

I actually managed to do a couple of challenges today – not because I had loads of time cos that is still in short supply, grrrr,  but because I needed to do a card for someone quickly who has had a bit of a disappointment recently and I wanted to cheer her up,and it just happened to fit these challenges. Thus hoping to prove that there IS a cure for the Summertime Blues – well sort of!!!

The challenges are

 Creative Card Crew – Cute & Girlie and Simon Says Challenge – Summertime Blues

Picture 001 copy

This is the first time I’ve used a stamp from the new Magnolia Summer kit cos if I am being honest, I aint too impressed this time. But the mermaid is quite sweet I guess. I coloured her in Copics (no colours peeps cos the dimwit chucked the list away again!!)

You probably can’t see it here but I painted her scales with pearly paint so that they shimmer.

IRL it looks quite effective.

det

The gorgeous bling is from Tracy at Dies To Die For. They are the  new  E-Line Crystals and they are the BIZ!!!

deta

The self adhesive pearls are all from the very wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts and are available in loads of pretty colours.

paper copy

Ooops, fuzzy grainy pic alert!!!

I am just sooo loving these papers at the mo. They are of course the gorge Vintage Rose papers from the fabbydoodles Pink Petticoat

Picture 004 copy

So that’s me card done peeps.

Righty-oh I am off on a flyer yet again cos we are going out on our bikes, The lardage is creeping back on and it just isn't good enough really lol !!

I am 2lbs heavier than I was this time last week and I have a sneaky feeling that the mahoosive Sunday dinner and vanilla and blueberry cheesecake (drooooool)  might have had a hand in it. So drastic measures are called for so it’s all things Weightwatchers and exercise for this not so little piggy until it beggars off again.

But before I go and talking of sneaky things, fancy a sneaky peeky at my LOTV card for tomorrow's challenge? OK, here you are then and I’ll see ya in the morning.

sps

Have a fab night and hugs to all xxx

19 comments:

Judi said...

What a FAB card, I'm simply lovin' this Tilda! Great job.

Judi xx

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Beautifull card!! I really love the blue and the pears make it excellent!

Jane said...

Gorgeous card hun! love the gem flourishes and gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining in the SSS challenge too! hugs, Jane xxx

Hanne said...

Really pretty card!
Hanne

Jenni said...

Gorgeous image, love your card.
Jenni x

Louise said...

Beautiful cards, great colors

Vicky said...

She is sooo gorgeous Dawny, gorgous colour combo and just love your layout.
Vicky xx

Alizabethy said...

I just love this card - it is FABULOUS!

yvon said...

Verry stunning card. I love your coloring and especially what you did with the pearly paint. Looks very nice.
Hugs, Yvon

craftymum said...

This is gorgeous Dawny.
Perfection!
Love Sarah X

Jan M said...

I am loving this Tilda, but like you ain't very impressed with the rest of the Summer set !! You have done a fantastic job with the colours ..... gorgeous card xx

Marina said...

Your card is gorgeous!
This Tilda is adorable and the colours and details are perfect with her.

Hugs,
Marina

debby4000 said...

wonderful cute card Dawny, beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

fantastic card Dawny :-) I love this mermaid Tilda ,, I have this set too but not had time to play yet :-) I love the papers, colours and embellies you used too and perfect sentiment for a friend who is in the dumps ,,, am sure she will really appreciate this :-)

thanks for joining the Simon says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Julie said...

a lovely card Dawny

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Very nice!! I like the blue scalloped papers and how they resemble waves - clever girl!! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Chrissie said...

Super card, I love the pearls and twinkles!
Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time!
Chrissie

Marcea said...

Totally loving your card sweetie, gorgeous as usual.
Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
-x-

PepPop said...

What a lovely card. I love how you've used the gems, they look like little water droplets. So pretty. Jaqui x