Friday 13 August 2010

A Peach Of A Card :)

 

image

Morning peeps and hope you are all OK xxx

It’s Friday and the end of a very busy week for me. 

We are a Kyla free zone this weekend :(  as she is going girlie camping with Emma and her work friends and their dinkies, so we are planning to have a bit of a chill out sort of weekend. Well, that’s the plan but it never ever works out that way.

Anyway, before we get there, it’s time for another challenge over at  with the  Just Magnolia girlies and this week

it’s time for a sketch ….

…. and it’s this one here.

It’s one of mine and I must admit that it’s one of my faves :)

If you get a sec, check out the DT cards peeps cos they are just fab and it’s so nice to see our Michelle O back with us xxx

Picture 008 copy 

I flipped the sketch !!

I noticed, looking at my last batch of cards,  that I’ve been using a lot of  blues and turquoises lately so for a change, I went all peachy for this one and the Copics I used were -

E0000, E00, E21, E42, E50, E53, R11, R20, YG0000, YG03, YR00, YR02, YR16, YR61 YR95

blooms

The blooms are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and so are the pearl sprays and tiny self adhesive pearls

I’ll let you into a little secret here …. the tiny orange roses started out as white ones, but I dabbed me Copics over them and voila – flowers to match Tilda’s frock!!!!

I did the punch around the page thing with the eyelet lace punch  (which is available from Tracy at Dies To Die For)  then smeared a bit of glue over the edges and gave it a coating of Glamour Dust :)

*NEW* So Sophie - Family Ties - Consistent Ledger

The papers I  used are both My Mind’s Eye, So Sophie - Family Ties - Consistent Ledger

*NEW* So Sophie - Pretty Girl - Persistent Bloom

and So Sophie - Pretty Girl - Persistent Bloom and both of these are from Dies To Die For

ribbon

Check out this gorge and delish ribbon peeps -  it was what inspired me to use these colours. It’s  peach organza ribbon and it’s from Wild Orchid Crafts. I think it’s so soft and pretty, I really do.

Picture 011 copy

So that’s the last card of this week lovelies but if I get chance to have a dabble, I might be back  over the weekend with another one to share.

I think at last that I am slooooooooowly getting on top of the back log that was left over from my pc crash and there is a now a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. There’s still a pile on my desk, but it is more of a hill now than the mountain it was!!!

So on that note I am offksi.

It’s Friday 13th today and I am a bit superstitious, I have to  admit, so I am keeping a bit of a low profile. I know it’s daft but I am a bit gullible at the best of times, and I have had lots of bad luck recently so I am taking no chances. If anybody is interested in all this malarky, check out this Wikipedia article. Even if you don't believe in it, it’s quite interesting.

Or maybe I should just get out more (but just not today eh lol ;o )

See you soon if not sooner and Friday hugs to all xxx

14 comments:

Alizabethy said...

very beautiful - just love it!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card Dawny, hope you have a good weekend.
luv
Debby

Jolita said...

Beautiful card & great sketch!!

Hugs,
Jolita

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

This is a beautiful card - Tilda loves stunning coloured in peach and I love your peach roses. Sarahxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Dawny! Love all the pretty peach too. Your sketch was fab to work with too, will surely use it again. :)

Julie said...

A very pretty card

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Jane said...

Another gorgeous card!!!

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, adore the peachy colours, beautiful flowers and lush ribbon too.
Kelly.x

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card.....just peachy!

cheryl said...

one word,hun stunning this is wow amazing,hugs cheryl xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathy said...

GOrgeous card Dawny!! I just love the colors that you have used and wow that ribbon is lush!!! So pretty!!! Such a cute image too! Thanks for another lovely sketch to work with!!
:)Kathy

PepPop said...

Beautiful! Jaqui x