Thursday 12 August 2010

4 Seasons …. But Not Of The Vivaldi Sort!!

Picture 008 copy

Hi peeps and hope everyone is well xxx

I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown!!  Maybe it’s a sign that I am crocking on a bit but even so, the last few days have whizzed by!!

So we are almost at the weekend, and as it’s Thursday,  it’s time to join the fairies over at  the  Lili Of The Valley Thursday Challenge and we have a lovely challenge for you and it is

Four Seasons

so we would like to see cards that reflect, Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter

If you get a sec, do nip over and check it out because there are lots of cards made with the new Lili Of The Valley Animals Christmas Release . This release has the most gorgeous cute little  bears, bunnies  and penguins and even little cats too and will be released on 19th July along with 2 more super cuties called Back to School.

Picture 005 copy

I did winter and I used Christmas Surprise – isn’t it just sooooooo sweet peeps!!

I coloured it with Copics in these colours -

BV13, BG000, BG10, BG15, C1, C3, C5, E00, R37, R42 & E50  ….

…. then I got the Glamour Dust out again and the cat ran away – wonder why????? I think her street cred took a bit of a beating yesterday, poor thing. But at least she’s a ‘she’ and not a tom because that would be even worse.

That reminds me of a workshop I did once where we used the gold Glamour Dust which is nice but it gets everywhere. One of the peeps on the class was a man and he had a beard. He was covered in it and when he went home his beard was glittering and twinkling like crazy. I could not take my eyes of it but I didn’t have the courage to say anything to him.

I bet he got some funny looks on his way home.

bow

Anyhoos, I digress.

Now do you remember me saying earlier in the week that I could not get my snowflake die / Cuttlebug  to cut acetate? Well the loveliness that is Debby told me to try putting the acetate between 2 sheets of thin paper before cutting and guess what?

It worked – woohoo, so hugest of thanks to you Debby, you clever chickster xxxx

So once I got that sorted, I covered it with Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels (Iced Crystals). The gorgeous grey organza ribbon is from Wild Orchid Crafts – the quality of this ribbon is awesome. Best I’ve ever used by a mile.

The border punch is one half of the  Martha Stewart  PATP Eyelet Lace set. And Tracy now has these babies back in stock  over at Dies To Die For :)

text

The pretty star paper is of course Pink Petticoat and is from the totally awesome Vintage Rose collection. Can you tell it’s one of me faves at the mo lol !!! 

The sentiment is from Lili Of The Valley and the self adhesive pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts

Picture 009 copy

So that’s me done for today and I’m off for a bit of brekkie, of the Alpen type (fab ….. not!!). Have a great day lovelies and see you tomoz with a bit of Tilda-tastic cardage.

Hugs to all xxx

14 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute and love that new image.
Glad my tip worked.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love the colour and the glittery snowflake.

Annie said...

I love the cool blues on this card and such an adorable image - looking forward to the new stamps coming out very soon!
hugs, annie x

Miria said...

Hi, Dawn. A gorgeous winter card! I like the stamp and the way you used glamour dust! Hugs. Miria

Sharon said...

Hi Dawn,

Love the card, especially the colours and the beautiful star paper! Thanks for the tip about the acetate too :)

Sharon x

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous card, Dawny! Love the colours and the design, and the beautiful details and charming image!
Hope you're having a wonderful day, sweetie!
Hugs, Lena K

Karen said...

Stunning cards Dawn. All are absolutely gorjus.

Love Karen x

Marja Sch said...

Wow such a gorgeous card. The inage is so cute and there are so many lovely details. Hugs Marja

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, just adore the new LOTV images! Love the colours and layout, fab snowflake too!
Kelly.x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

this is just so preety in the lovely shades of blue. I am loving these images more and more! Great acetate tip!

Thanks!

Hugs Judy xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card and image!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.the colour looks so crisp and cool Stella

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness this is soooo cute! Love the cool blues.

PepPop said...

All I can say is WOW, Love your cards!! Jaqui x