Thursday 19 August 2010

Woooohoooooo, They’re Here !!!

Picture 005 copy copy

Hi peeps and hope everyone is OK.

At last, the gorgeous new  Lili Of The Valley images have been released and are now available to buy.

Christmas Stamps Advert

Fantastic 'Back to School' Stamps also out now!

Now are they sweet or are they SWEET!!!!!!!

And as it’s Thursday, we have a new challenge for you over at the Lili Of The Valley Thursday Challenge and this week we have another fabulous sketch by our Bev and  Lili of the Valley are offering  a £10 voucher to be spent on the website. So if you win, you could bag yourself some of  the new images.

lotvsketch

So here’s the sketch …

Picture 001 copy copy

… and here’s me card.

I love doing  easel cards but I never seem to be able to get a decent pic of them. I look around the land of blog and see some fab shots of them, but when I  try and set up the card so it sits at the same angle etc, it never works. Grrrrr!!!

Anyway I thought as I’d done a girlie back to school card, I’d better get one done for a boy –  mustn’t  be sexist lol xxx – so this is one for my great nephew who is starting school as well.

The image is of course LOTV and I used the following Copics which you can get from Tracy at Dies To Die For -

B0000, B00, B12, BG05, C00, C1, C3, C5, E00, E21, E33, E42, E50, R11, R20, YR0000

 

Picture 004 copy

The papers are of course the fabulous Vintage Rose from Pink Petticoat and the punch is of course one of Martha's. It’s the embossed zig zag and I like this for male cards. The teeny self adhesive pearls are of course from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I did the sentiment on the old ‘puter -the new one is arriving today (allegedly) woooohoooooooo!!!!

Now if you stick your heads out of your windows at about 5pm this evening and it’s quiet, you will know that the setting up went OK!!!! Rich and I really are dumb and dumber (not sure which one is which!!) when it comes to techie stuff and I still marvel at the fact that I managed to set up me blog. 

Picture 001 copy

Here’s another angle.

Maybe this one looks better that the one at the top? Oh well, I’ll keep trying and maybe one day I will manage to put an easel card pic on here that I actually like.

We got one of them Wii consoles last Friday and I tell you, the fun we have had with it!! I wish we’d got one years ago. Car Phone Warehouse had them as a giveaway if you got a new contract phone (they have TVs and laptops as well) and as Richard’s phone was knackered, we were in the right place at the right time for the offer.

We bought a balance board and the Wii Fit Plus stuff as well but how rude is that flamin’ board!!! I stood on it, put in my height and date of birth, it weighed me and then calculated my BMI (you don't want to know!!) and then it told me that my Wii ages was 61. Well I could have cheerfully chucked it through the window. R was laughing his head off until he got on it and he is worse than me. His BMI is higher and his Wii ages is 83!!!!!.

Waaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Laugh? I nearly peed my pants!!!! I am a mere Wii spring chicken next to him!!!

Kyla has been doing that dance one where you have to copy what is happening on the screen and it gives you points if you get it right. She is quite good I have to say but they play it at holiday club so she has probably had more practice (not that I am bitter at getting beat by a 4 year old!!). R came home on Sunday and Emma, Nicola, Kyla and I were all at it. We made him join in as well but he was just being Disco Dickie and doing his own moves, bless him.

Still at least he had ago.

I realise as I am typing that that you must get the impression that our house is a bit mad, and you would be right lol :).

And on that note, I’m off.

Have a great day, I’ll see you in the morrow with a bit of Tilda cardage and hugs to all xxxx

19 comments:

Anne said...

A real beauty. Hugs x

Squirrel x said...

Such a super card Dawny, and my stamps are ordered! Mad? Your house? Thanks for giving me a much needed smile this morning. Sxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great funny post Dawn, my son has a wii and I'm so bad on the racing game it's unreal...good job I don't drive in real life.
Love your card, the boy image is as cute as the girl, as luck would have it I just one last weeks LOTV challenge...yipee
janex

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

What a gorgeous card.Elisa.x

Loz said...

Oh, your cards are always so gorgeous!! Hope the computer setting up goes well.. and have fun with the Wii! We're getting one but not til Christmas, I'm sure my 4yo DD will be way better than me - and I'm not sure I want to know my BMI!!!!
Have a great day ♥

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny,
I think the photos of your easel card are awesome, better than I can manage to do! Loved reading about your wii antics! Sounds like fun.
Alicia xx

Maria Therese said...

Just goooooooorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!I love them great to catch up MIss Dawn..Have a fab week big (((hugs)))):)xxx

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, sooo cute. Thanks for giving me a giggle, we have a Wii too (won't tell you my Wii age!) - I nearly wet myself watching my hubby doing the hula hooping! So funny!

Jacilynn said...

Ha, the wii fit is not good for the self esteem. LOL
Gorgeous card Dawny. Love it.
x

Denise said...

Sounds like great fun can be had at yours!!!!

Love the card, such a sweet image and yes, those Pink Petticoat papers are just gorgeous - bought mine a couple of weeks ago.

Denise xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ali said...

Oh your card is lovely!!! Lol at the wii - yes it is a bit cheeky - when my husband got on - it said one at a time please - lol (if he reads this only joking!!)

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Dawny, just love, love your card its the cutest I've seen, remind me of my boy boo boo cried when he went to school he's now 26 !! . I'm glad you got the Wii I have one and its now getting to tell me my correct age as I now practise on it a bit better. Big Hugs JO.xxxx

Little K Smith said...

Another gorgeous card, another gorgeous new LOTV image too! Fab papers and design.
Kelly.x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Dawny your easel card is gorgeous and what a stunning LOTV fella.
Don't overdo it on the wii, they can be dangerous!!!!!!!!
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

That is such an adorable card. I love Lili of the Valley stamps.

There's something on my blog for you. I hope you'll accept it :o)

Elaina said...

What a great post and a lovely card. It made me want both the stamp and a Wii. I ordered both the boy and girl back to school stamp but the Wii is too energetic for me unfortunately.

PepPop said...

Gorgeous card, loving the little boy one to match the little girlie you did the other day. ROMFL at your wii-antics too :) Jaqui x