Thursday 18 September 2008

Just the one ....

This is my card for this week's Sarah Kay Challenge
week 11,
which is a Trio of Papers

I love this image and it is the first time I have actually used it, but very probably not the last. For some reason, and I'm guessing it's the beret, I think it has a French feeling about it.
The 3 papers I used are by Printworks Collection - or so it says on the label - and I bought them years ago at a craft fair and didn't use them until earlier this year when I needed some blue and green paper. I coloured it with PMs and the old MSBP has been dragged out again. Yeahhhhhhh xx That gorgeous velvet ribbon is from my stash but I'm not sure where I got it from.


There may be another post if I get done what I need to get done. But if not, have a brill day and I hope the sun is shining for you like it is here cos it is a gorgeous warm Autumn day here in Chester xxxx

PS, that misty thing is still there but I promise you that this house and me have been choccie biscuit free zones today. Now before you think I have gone all virtuous and good, the reason for this is that I ate them all yesterday so there are none left for me to scoff - oh what a porker.

Just call me Fat Pie Phillips lol xxx

And I did wipe the lens so maybe it is something to do with the camera, like that depth of field malarky that I hear photographers talking about and about which I nod in a knowing fashion when they tell me about it, but which in reality I have not the first clue about. And F stops, what on God's green earth is an F stop????

Answers on a postcard peeerrlease xxxxx

17 comments:

Jill said...

aww I love this card Dawny, you're on a roll. I love the layout and colours. It's just gorgeous Jill x

Cindy Haffner said...

Super coloring, awesome job.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Dawny this card is scrumptious, what a lovely colour combination, all those gorgeous blues and that wonderful Sarah Kay image, yummy! hugs Linda x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Dawny! Luv your card & the colouring,gorgeous.
Just wanted to say thankyou for your luvly message yesterday,it was so kind of you.I have had a word with myself in the corner & I'm going to enter 2 DT calls now,they can only say yes or no!!! :o)x

Rach said...

fabulous card Dawny,
I have used this image for the same challenge...but yours is so much better than mine....
love your colouration and the fabulous papers...gorgeous Hun...
hugs rachhxxx

Julie said...

Such a sweet and pretty card, Dawny, lovely

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawny :)

love this wonderful card and had the same thoughts of her being french!! lol

Big hugs sweetie, and hope the mailman brings you some lovely post tomorrow!!

Marlene xx

scotspanda said...

cute image, love the papers you have used, a gorgeous card

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Lynsey said...

Dawn this is stunning! I love how you have coloured the image its just gorgeous.
Hugs Lynsey :)

Sue said...

oh wow...stunning,love the blues and fab colouring:)

sue
xx

Kathy said...

Very pretty card!! I love the colors that you have used and the layout is so pretty!! Nice scallop edge also!! :)Kathy

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous image and love the pretty blue papers.

Marcea said...

oh wow, love this hunny, it is gorgeous. By the way, prepare to be amazed by my sheer brilliance and knowledge of all things confusing to your wee pink piggy brain ...... drumroll please ....... F-stop is the focal length divided by the diameter of the lens!! Woohoo, do I win a prize??? Lol, yes .... google provided the answer but now you know!!
-x-

cats whiskers said...

Missed this one on the first visit, getting old I suppose, love it all this is my favourite SK stamp, love the blues
Hugs jacqui x

Christine D. said...

looks great! Well done!

carolann said...

Awesome card hun love the image and the blues you have used the card really pops WTG xxxxx

LOUISE said...

Another fab card Dawny, love the blues! And the black accessories, make the card "pop". Lou x