Wednesday 17 September 2008

Cattitude and Lots of 2 in 1s xx

Yes, you are not seeing things. It is indeed a PB stamp which my friend Jan from Creative Pastimes has kindly asked me to look after while she is on holiday, and cos she felt sorry for me being a PB pauper (ahhh, it IS a shame xx). Well how could you refuse this little face - awww so sweet. And big thanks Jan - I really appreciate it xxx
It's a bit dark this (must be the camera lol xx) so I might try and re-load it later (soz xx)
This is for 2 challenges. Firstly, CCT challenge #27 - Cats & Dogs. I only realised after I had finished this that actually I had already done a cat card this week which I guess would have qualified. But I had so much fun doing this one, so what the heck!!! It's also my card for Spoonful of Sugar, challenge #17 - Christmas is Coming. I sort of based it on the Sarak Kay sketch which I used last week and which is gorgeous. The papers are Funky Hands Funky Little Christmas - ab fab and bargainous @ £3.49 - and the ribbon (which hasn't shown up very well cos there are green spots on it), is another ab fab, Poppicrafts. Now despite a lady on the last workshop I did saying that she didn't think red and acid green went together, I really like that combi. Tell me peeps, whaddya think? Go on, be honest....
This next one is a 2 in 1 but not the usual way round ie 1 card = 2 challenges.
This is 1 challenge = 2 cards. Why, I hear you ask?
Or maybe I didn't hear you ask, but I'll tell you anyway xx.
It's cos I heart cats and I heart CCT lol xxx
Oh and I am just loving these box type easy peasy pop up cards at the mo
This fella sure has major cattitide and I love this image. He is another 'on loan' PB boy from Jan as is that oh so true sentiment - LOVE it xx That gorgeous brown spotty paper is from Dinky Dots and the ribbon is a scrappy bit from the very depths of my ribbon hoard.

As per the last card, this is also another 2 cards for 1 challenge thingy, cos I got this Whiff of Joy stamp lastweek and I just couldn't wait to have a go, mainly cos I am really in Pro Marker heaven at the mo. I found the red spotty paper in my 12 x 12 paper box, even though it is actually A4 (bad filing on my part) and the grey harlequin paper is PP. The ribbons and jewel brads are Poppicrafts and the 'stamped-onto- paper-and-just-stuck-on-to-hide-the-appalling- bloody-job-I-made-of-trying-to-stamp-directly-onto-the-card' sentiment is Woodware.

I just noticed that there is a bit of a misty thing going on in the left hand bottom corner. Maybe it is a misty thing or maybe it is grease from the chocolate biscuit I was scoffing whilst taking the pics - ohh major slap, you little fattie!! Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!!

Here's a close up of that beautiful image.

Now you have a nice day, wontcha y'all xxxxx

39 comments:

Rach said...

hahaha, Dawny you are a scream....lol.
i have been sat here with a dirty great grin on my face while reading your post...
fabulous cards..all of them...i like your red and green combo...looks brilliant to me...and that cat with attitude is way funny!!! fantastic sentiment with that one..
and your Charlotte image is coloured to perfection as with all your images...
If i had stamps on loan i would be heart broken to have to give them back...would have to take a trip to the stamp shop...purely to console myself!!!hehe..any excuse to go craft shopping. Hugs rachxx

Macpurp said...

theses are lovely cards! I love the cats !!!
love teen xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Dawny
You have been busy, and what stunning cards you have made! I love them all, clever you! Big hugs Linda x

cats whiskers said...

Wow Honey you have been busy those chocolate biscuits must have given you extra crafting powers!! Love all these cards, and yes take no notice of the lady with bad eyesight Red and that Green go perfectly well together. I love all the cards and that cat in a hat is so cute. But I have got to get that cat with the attitude problem, make a great card for all my boys, attitude isn't the word. Anyway love your colouring as always wish I could get those markers to look as good as yours.
Enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs Jacqui x

Deb said...

omg, so many fantastic creations, just love the cats, they are fabulous and of course the gorgeous Whiff of Joy! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Tiff said...

Don't ya know I just LOVE cats!!!! That 3rd card is way too cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your cats and your coloring, what fun your cards are. they make me smile.

Jilli said...

ROFLMAO! Dawny, what you like? All the cards are great, as usual! Love the green and red combo, clearly the lady knows nothing lol! That sentiment is fabulous and had me lol'ing over my laptop. How cruel of you though to mention choccie biscuits and me being on a diet, if it wasn't fat club night I might just've eaten 1 or 2 that are stashed in the back my cupboard. Jillix

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, You are funny you have had me grinning away while reading your post,
Hugs Debbie x

Diane.W. said...

You are funny!!!! Your cards are great,I like the red/green combo!
The box card is brilliant too :o)x

Lavender stamper said...

Georgous card, you just reminded me that I have this stamp hidden away somewhere.
I love your blog.
Lisa
x

Anonymous said...

fantastic card´s !!!!!!!! i love it all !!!!
hugs tina

scotspanda said...

I think the red and green combo rocks!! all three cards are fabilicious Dawn, love them all :)

LOUISE said...

Hi Dawny, fabulous cards, all of them! HOpe you enjoyed you choccie biscuit! Louise x

Andrea, said...

Fantastic cards Dawny, I love all the images especially the cat in the big Santa hat. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Dawn said...

What are you like Miss Dawny!!
Snacking and crafting!!!
I dropped a piece of pizza on one of my cards last week - the air was BLUE I can tell you - pizza and card hit the bin!!
Now! so many cards to look at my head's in a spin and those cats - luuurve them - were they coloured with your pros!?
I love your dsigns they're just great to look at - feeling inspired now to do the spoonfull of sugar xmas card - was gonna have a night off but weeeelllll - I feel the need!!

Hugs
Dawn
x

Dawn said...

P.s Forgot to say your lady wouldn't like my xmas cards then cos' most of them have been red and green this year - I love that colour combo too!!

Marcea said...

oh my goodness, you are so funny, I am laughing my head off!!!! Fabalicious cards hun, I love them. Love the stamps, colours, papers, sentiments .... everything!!! eep up the brill work .... mmmmm think I will have a biccie too - I hear big knickers are cool anyway, lol
-x-

Pauline C said...

Fab cards - love the kitty in the hat and the cattitude is way scary LOL!!
Pauline x

Marcea said...

Have left a little something for you over on my blog Dawny
-x-

Marlou McAlees said...

oh wow!!! these are all absolutely stunning cards Dawn!!! hard to choose a favourite :) x

Sue said...

lol, oh Dawyy you do make me laugh,my DH's looking at me and saying what ya grinning at...lol,well lets get serious now...your cards are absolutely fabbylicious, not sure which i like best cos they are stunning...oh go on then maybe the first and thats cos i adores that kitty,in fact my daughter has been stamping that one tonight too.Well keep em coming darl and keep us all smiling ;-)

sue
xx

Kath Stewart said...

Fabulous cards matey - love the red and acid green...lady doesn't obviously have any taste....cute image and I am way impressed with your colouring girl...need to get me some Pro Markers.
Love that cat...he definitely has lots of atitude and your whiff of joy card is just stunning...again fab colour work..me thinks I need some lessons
how kind of you to holiday sit all those gorgeous stamps.
Hugs
Kath
xxxxx

Bev said...

The men in white coats are coming ... to carry me away cos I'm howling at your post, you nutter *U*

Love all the cards hunny but the additude one is just priceless, the look of sheer indiginty and disgust is just way too funny (nearly as funny as you!)

Thank you for brightening my day, love ya xxx

Bev x

Marcea said...

lol, you can stop now hun, lol, nutter
big hugs
-x-

Carol said...

Funtastic cards

TFS
:)

Sammie said...

Wow -you suddenly got very busy! Have you taken a couple of days off work??? Have thoroughly enjoyed looking through your blog today -so much to take in. Those sketches work beautifully and the red and acid green WORKS!
Lots of love,
SJ xxx

carolann said...

You have been busy brilliant work
well done hun xxxxx

Unknown said...

Those are adorable!

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun, I have left a little something yummy on my blog for you knowing how much you love yummy things
Hugs Jacqui x

Enfys said...

I love those cat stamps. If they fancy a holiday in Florida...........
Gorgeous cards, and the cattitude is brilliant.

Kath Stewart said...

A little something on my blog - you are such a special lady in my life....just a sweetie pie.
Love
kath
xxxxx

Han said...

I think red and green go fab together xx Amazing cards as usual fab colouring xx

Mrs Wonka said...

These are really lovely cards, you are very clever indeed!

Mrs Wonka x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, the cats look so cute and your colouring is beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Jill said...

wow wow wow Dawny, you've been busy girl, I'm loving the cat cards, and your coluring with those pro markers is just to die for. Gorgeous papers and ribbons. I've posted your images off today 1st class, so I hope you get them tomorrow Hugs Jill x

Bubbles said...

Fab cards Dawny, all of them! Thanks for joining us at ASFoS.
Joanne x

Penny said...

Gotta love the cat-titude ones!! I love the red and bright green together myself.

Els G. said...

Lovely cards. But I really adore the 'cattitude' card! That stamp is definitely on my wish list!!! Wonder what my 4 cats (and 1 poor dog) will think of that! LOL
Els
x