Monday 8 September 2008

Don't look down, lots of sorries and a couple of challenges lol xxxx




Firstly, thank you for your nice e-mails checking if I was still on the planet!!! I am, just about lol xxx. I’ve been a bit under the weather, well quite a bit under the weather to be honest. I get these dizzy spells and they can make me feel really nauseous, and looking down makes it a lot worse. So it wasn’t a good time to make cards as you can imagine. I have tablets from the Dr which alleviate it a little but the down side is that they knock me off my feet and I go into zombie mode. Friday was pretty much like that. Then I had a workshop on Saturday which was quite hard going for me but must have been a hoot for the ladies on it, as I can pretty much bet it is the first time they have been taught by someone doing a fabulous impression of a dressage horse lol xxx

And secondly, HUGE apols, as because of this I have been a very bad blogger and haven’t visited anyone for a while so I promise that this week I will try and catch up with everyone. I’ve missed all the fantastic creations and can’t wait to see what you have all been up to xxx

I will also answer the lovely e-mails I have had as well – I really appreciated that you were thinking of me and hope you didn’t think I was a rudey not answering straight away, as I always like to do this and those of you in regular contact with me will know that I generally reply the same day. It’s just one of my pet hates cos I think it’s a bit rude not replying, so I am really sorry for the delay xxxx

Anyway, enough waffle. I am a bit better now and managed to make a couple of cards yesterday. I have been a bit naughty and treated myself to a set of Pro Markers (well I needed cheerign up lol xx). Oh and how fabulous they are. I’m still not proficient though and will be calling upon my lovely blog buds for tips and hints (Jacquie and Rach stand by for an e-mail xxx)
This first one is for CCT which is Pretty In Pink. The image was a RAK from Nikkie xxxx, the paper is PP and the ribbons and blooms are a mixture of Prima, Poppicrafts and and that old faithful, DS (Dawny's stash lol xx). I used Pro Markers to colour in. Whaddya think ????
This is for Dutch Dare Challenge 13 which was to use buttons on your card. OK, I only used 1 but it is a button nonetheless xxxx I coloured in with Pro Markers.
I'll also have to confess to a bit of a blonde moment here cos I did this for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge - One For The Girls and only realised when I did it that I hadn't used a Penny Black image!!! See, I told you I wasn't right. It MUST be the tablets lol xx

I'm stretching it a bit here with this one cos it is for a Spoonful Of Sugar, which this week is 'Anything But A Card'. Weeeeeellll, it is a card of sorts, BUT it's a bit different cos it is one of them there standy uppy things which I so love doing at the mo. So I think it might just qualify. I used Prisma Pencils to colour, the stamp is by the awesomely talented Rachelle xxx and the little owls stamped on the background which you can just about see are a mixture of stamps from Just Johanna at Odd Bird Planet. Which considering the week I've had, is very apt lol xxx

TFS xxxx

29 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello Dawny
Welcome back to blogland. I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. You have made some lovely cards so it certainly looks like your getting back to your normal self. I'm really struggling with my creative side just now, don't know where my mojo has gone. The pro markers look great, I would love to get some myself, but have promised hubby not to buy any crafting bits for a while. One of the hardest promises ive made thats for sure. Well hugs for now. Linda x

Cheryl said...

Oh dear, poor you, I hope you are feeling better Dawny, sending lots of get well wishes and hugs.....

What a fab three....so very pretty.....you make everything seem so effortless, but I am sure it is not......

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hope you feeling better Dawny and wow..lots of wonderful creations, I love all the cute images you have used and prety dp and lush ribbons, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Phew!!!lol...was getting a little worried.....just glad your all well Dawny:)~X~
Hope your dizzy spells get better soon:)
Your crads are all `beautiful`..The colouring on them is wonderful!!!:)~X~
Have a lovely Day:)~X~

MeandLilG said...

No, don't look down.... I'm a dizzy blonde most of the time, so I know what ya mean.... Aww, sorry to hear you've been under the weather, chicky. Hope you feel a bit pinkier soon.

But it hasn't stopped you making some bloomin lovely cards, hun xxxxxx

Jill said...

aww Dawny, your cards are gorgeous I love the pink one and fantastic colouring, love the stand up card with the cute owls, so glad you treated yourself to some pro markers, Sorry you haven't been feeling to good, hope the tablets start working for you soon, and I will email you agian now I know your back much love Jill xxx

Jilli said...

OMG! These are gorgeous. I think I need some of those pills if it makes you make cards like these! Share please! Love all 3 cards, like the curvy card, not made one of those since last year, did some Christmas cards using it, might have to get my template out to play again! Glad that you're beginning to feel better and hope you're back to yourself very soon! Hugs Jillix

Dawn said...

Yaay!!
You're back - sorry to hear you were unwell, my nan had that dizzy/sicky thing turned out it was something to do with her inner ear!
Hope you perk up real soon - it can drain you.
Now the cards! - Brilliant colouring - I think I own one pro marker! LOL and never used it. It's such a vivid pink on your first card and I recognise Loulys wavy template.
take care you..

Dawn
xx

Dawn said...

P.s forgot to say - Your owls are so cute - I NEED that stamp!!

Dawn (again!!)
xx

Karin said...

Hi Dawny,

What a adorable card.
I love the DP and the big ribbon on it.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Challenge.

Karin

Kathy said...

All your cards are fabulous!! Your coloring looks great!! Glad to see that you are feeling better!! I hate that dizzy feeling and I sure the computer would NOT have helped that at all!!!
Welcome back and hope your all better soon :)Kathy

Rach said...

Hi Dawny sorry to hear that you have been unwell I hope that the tablets are working and that you feel better soon. your cards that you have made looks fabulous..as they always do...hugs rachxx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the owls they are so cute. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, I hope you'll be better soon. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Penny said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you've had that - awful, I know. I've had that where one ear is affected and you can only lay on one side, horrible thing to feel so unbalanced!

Cheering yourself up with the markers was great and a fabulous job you have made of your cards too!

Hope you're fully recovered really soon x

Debbie said...

This is Gorgeous Dawny,Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Ann said...

Hi Dawny, so glad you are in the land of the living I was beginning to worry about you xxx Never mind, I am pleased to hear you are feeling a little better, and your cards show that you are back on form, they are gorgeous - I must admit I did have a good laugh though at your entry for the Penny Black challenge - lol xxx

Bev said...

Aww hunny, I am so sorry you have been poorly, I had something like that a couple of years ago and landed up crashing the car when I had a dizzy turn. I do hope that you are felling much better now.

You are so norty!!! I have been resisting getting some Copics/Promarkers and have been very good then I read how wonderful you think they are - argh!!! My flexible friend is rigid with overspending lol!!

Now to your beautiful cards Missus! They are just the bees knees! Love them both but I think the pink H&S one is simply stunning! You're so talented Dawny, you really hare.

Take care and hope you're soon well again

big hugs Bev x

Sue said...

....and these are all absolutey fabbylicious Dawny.your colouring looks great very glossy,in fact i have been thinking about getting some of these but i keep hearing that they are difficult to get the hang of but they certainly give stunning and glossy results.Glad to have ya back lass, i missed ya and was starting to worry about ya,just take your time and get yoursself 100% fit again.Great to have ya back though;-)HUGS to ya:)

sue
xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute cards! Lov ethe colors, images... thanks for playing along with us at Dutch Dare.

Kath Stewart said...

Welcome back my bloggy friend - I was going to e-mail you tonight to see if you were OK and here you are back - sorry you've been feeling crap but hope you are better now. Nothing wrong with your colouring gal....it's fantastic and you seem to be back to your fabby creative self.
Love
kath
xxxx

Julie said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well Dawny, great cards as always but the middle my fav

Deb said...

fantastic cards, love them all, sorry to hear your were unwell, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Sammie said...

Please get well soon -you have been missed.
SJ xxxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hi Dawny - sorry to hear you haven't been well - hope you are on the mend - certainly looks that way with your fabby cards.

What you need is a good dose of sunshine....Mmmm...perhaps you need to go further afield - not much chance here!!

I'm naturally a dizzy person and blonde (hmmm) so no chance! Take it easy....xx

Kathryn said...

Beautiful Cards!
I'm so sorry that you have been sick-- hopefully you are are on the mend!
TAke care :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh dawny.. what wonderful projects you have created.
i am so looking foreward what you will create with the new kit.
i must say right now my head is like erased :-)
i loove your work
hugs
claudia

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh Dawny! I've been absent myself lately and have been a bad blogger, so I was not aware you weren't feeling well! I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it, and hope you start feeling better soon! Sounds like you might have a touch of vertigo, or at least something similar. That's NOT fun (I speak with personal experience) and I hope your pills make it go away quickly. All of your projects are beautiful! I don't know what "pro" markers are, but I have recently started using copics and love them so much! They're probably similar. You did a beautiful job with them! Awesome work as always! :) Hugs!

Liza said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love your cards, they are so cute and your colouring is brilliant.

Liza x

Cindy Haffner said...

I love all your cards, you rock, hope you are feeling better. Bummer to be ill.