Wednesday 24 September 2008

Brand New Fabbytastic Stamp

Guess what arrived here today??? Only my new
Sugar Nellies Home Grown Santa stamps from Funky Kits!!
I only ordered them yesterday as well!! So I thought I would put them to good use and do a challenge - like ya do lol xxx

This is my card for this week's Ismaki challenge which is based on a sketch. The papers are Funky Hands Funky Little Christmas and that red paper I found in my 12 x 12 box which shouldn't have been there (see previous post lol xx). The ribbons are Raspberry Ribbons and a tiny bit I found in the bottom of my ribbon stash. The green has not showed up at all well here and it actually looks a lot nicer in real life.

Finally here is a quick peek at another gorgeous ribbon from the new Raspberry Ribbons kit which I think Caroline has named after me.

It's called Fat 'n' Funky lol xxx

The papers are PP and also Funky Fairy's Blue Christmas. I really like this kit - there are some gorgeous papers in there. The image is from the new Woodware Christmas Ribbon Tree set. I am going to be using this set on the next Creative Pastimes workshop cos it is juts so yummy - I love it.

And finally, some sad news ......

The pink hair is gone - I am now just brown.

Well not just any old brown, oh no!! Velvet brown if you please!!!

By L'Oreal, cos I'm worth it lol xxx

My badger- like roots were practically down to my ears and I couldn't wait to get an appointment, so for the first time in **** years (actually, the first time ever in my entire life) I got me a home dye your hair, hands, towel and bath kit. And Emma put it on for me using an old pastry brush. Well it wasnt old but it's sadly now gone to pastry brush heaven , but it's gone with the most amazing tan!!!. She has done a great job as well and we both like it, but I am missing my lovely pink highlights.

They may well return. A bit like me tomorrow xxx


30 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your coloring girl, love cards.

Sonia said...

Oh no you are tempting me with more stamps lol.
Great card and brilliant colouring, i love it.
Hugs Sonia x

de said...

Ewww, I really love these. Making me want to think about Christmas!

cats whiskers said...

You naughty girl spending more money on stamps!!! mind you I ordered them all yesterday but mine havn't come yet booohooo!!!, still always tomorrow, I love your colouring what did you use Pro Marers? whatever it was it looks fantastic. and I like the blue card as well, cannot wait for the New RR kit now. You have made me feel guilty I must go to the hardressers as well, my roots are disgusting Cannot have Charlie seeing his Old Nanny Fossil with grey hair. Hsve a good night hun Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Both cards are so creative! Love them.

Maria Matter said...

These cards are lovely!!! Your coloring is awesome!
Blessings, Maria

Kathy said...

What gorgeous cards Dawny!! Love that image ~ I knew I should have ordered some but I am still waiting on the H & S!! You are so funny with the fat and funky bit!! That cracked me up (LOL)!! And Yes you are worth it girl!! Have a great Thursday :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

superbe carte!!
ton pere noel est fantastique
bizz Mu

Jill said...

ooohh gorgeous card I love your colouring, and those ribbons are yummy. Oh Dawny you did make me laugh about your hair you have such a way with words Jill x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards Dawn, I love your new stamp, I am thinking of ordering some of them. Glad the hair dying turned out ok, I wouldn't dare do mine myself

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Dawny, Two beautiful cards your colouring of the cute Santa image is beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Amazing cards and superduper colouring.....fabulous. Gonna have to pop over to Funky Fairys for a nosey...and I love that Woodware tree - so different and snazzy - fabby creativity as always....xx

Leann said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny ~ love that Santa, I'm far too poor at the mo to order any, good job I have sooooo many other stamps to play with!

Oooooh, & check you out with gorgeous shiny hair ~ pastry brushes really are just the bestest aren't they? I painted my kitchen with one you know...

Biggest hugs x x x x

debby4000 said...

Fantastic santa card, do hate my Postman though cos I know mine Funky kits ones left the same time, fingers crossed for today.
Love the tree too and all the ribbons.

Anonymous said...

wonderful !!!!!
so beautiful stamp

Rach said...

fabby cards Hunny,
I ordered my funky kits stamps yesterday aswell but my postman never left any for me on my doormat this morning:(
your new velvet brown hair do sound wonderful...though i bet you looked fabulous even with your badger hair...
take care hun enjoy your day. hugs rach
xx

Macpurp said...

I love the new stamp! The new range they have are fab!
Beautiful cards babe!

And I can just see you with pink highlights!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are certainly`Fabbitastic` Dawny...I love both images soooo cute...
Love to see a piccie of the new you!!!lol...
Have a lovely Day sweet:)x

Trinka said...

love this stamp and your card is beautiful~

Sue said...

flippin eck dawny you're quick making these up and absolutely brilliant too,i loves em. I looked at the stamps on FK and thought maybe later now i wish i had bought some

sue
xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card ! and yes, theses stamps are fabulous (I took "snowmen", lol)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, and aren't those new stamps just gorgeous??
Like the sound of your hair!!!

Hugs, Marlene x

Kath Stewart said...

oh you do make me laugh...only you could get everybody giggling about changing the colour of your hair and I do love that stamp absolutely fabby.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx
I love to read everybody else's comments and I just about had a fit when I read Jacqui (cat's whiskers) misread the bit about the pro Markers and had visions of you colouring your hair with them....now there's a thought.
What did you use...pro-markers...cos I'm worth it.

Dawn said...

Dawny
These cards are "awesome" matey!!
I'm lovin' the ribbon tree will have to investigate!!
I too am a box dye gal!!
The grey is terrible - runs on my mums side I'm afraid..
Used to have pink hair too but the upkeep of it was horrendous AND expensive!! GRR!!

Hugs
Dawn
x

Bev said...

I was in two minds whether to order these today - tanks for spending MORE of my money hunny!!! Love love love the card, brilliant! Mind you I love the ribbon tree as well, how clever is that!!

Did you have to mention hair colour (or lack of in my case - them grey hairs are screaming out for a bit of L'Oreal!!!)

hugs Bev x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

love love your card.
my friend carole bought these stamps and i can not wait to get some images :-)
wonderful dawny

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, love the new Suar Nellie stamp, and those ribbons are fab! Louise x

Anonymous said...

Très jolies cartes de Noël !!

carolann said...

Awesome cards hun love the santa image well done xxxxxx

Liz Armstrong said...

Your colour palettes are gorgeous Dawn : )
From
Fat 'n' Funky too!
xx