Sunday 22 April 2012

What? No Image? No Ribbon????????

Picture 004c copy   

Hi there lovely peepsand hope you are all havinga fabulous weekend.

What a beautiful day it turned out to be. First thing this morning it was pouring down but the sun is now out and it's actually rather pleasant.

I thought I'd share a card with you today that I made whilst having a fiddle-de-dee with some new stuff that I bought yesterday from Purple Butterfly Crafts. Typical of me, I only went into some glue and came out with a new die and some new papers!! Richard was with me at the time otherwise there would've been a lot more things in the old basket, I can tell you!!!!

Anyway, not at all like me I know, but there's no image and no ribbon on this card.

And …..

Picture 001c copy

… here it is.

Please excuse the photographs peeps but the light was so bright in the conservatory today so they look a bit grainy.

The papers are actually by Craftwork Cards and they are from the Secret Garden paper pack. The colours of these papers are so pretty and soft and I could not resist them!!!

Picture 002c copy

Do you like the flower?

This was made using a Spellbinders Bauble Blossom 2 die which you can get from Sir Stampalot,  or Purple Butterfly if you are in the area of course :)

Now I have to tell you that I had a bit of jiggery pokery with this die at first.  I could not get the flower to look right because the petals seemed to group together in clumps.  I  tried  cutting some length  off of the centre strip  before rolling  so that the coil in the middle was smaller  but it didn't work. If I’ve not been doing this right, can somebody tell me please cos you know how dim I can be at times!!!

So what I did was  to cut 2 strips  and then I glued them both together, offsetting the petals and this worked a treat. I then cut one of the petals from the  Peony Petals die and sat the flower on top of it. Finally I added a Craftwork Cards Baker Street candi in the centre.

And I really like how it turned out :)

The brown edges on the Bauble Blossom petals is actually the residue that you sometimes  get when you use a die for the first time. Normally I would brush it off with a paintbrush but I actually liked the way it looked so I left it.

Picture 003c copy

So that's me done for today peeps and I’m now off to do the Sainsbury's run - what fun ( not) !!

Before I go, I must just let you know that a lady very kindly let me know about a group of crafters who were knitting for  the  little African babies and apparently they've been told to put their needles down because  the organisers say that they now have enough jumpers.  I'm looking into this is we haven't been told anything up here. I'm going to carry on knitting in the meantime but will let you know as soon as I hear anything.   I can't believe that they will have enough but of course I don't want anybody to waste their money on wool if that's the case .

Enjoy your day and see you soon and huggiest of hugs to all .

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Stunning Hun love it very elegant

And love the colour

Hugs wendy

Julie said...

Beautiful card Dawny, hope you are well.

Happy Crafter said...

Oh its beautiful love the flower,i would be hard pushed to use no image and no ribbon :)
Hugzz Val xx

Denise said...

Lovley card and the flowers are just fab,may have to get that die x d

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Dawny. Love your new goodies.The flower and swirl are stunning.Fab job.Hugs Debbie x

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, i luv the die, pretty flower, not a bad day here in the end, sue,x

Pauline C said...

Wow Dawny that's brilliant - really love everything about it. Never tried any of these "rollups" (lol!) ..hmm maybe I should :-)
Hugs
pauline x

Anne-Marie said...

It sometimes does us good to leave the images and ribbon in the drawer, and you aced it with this lovely card...love the flower, especially!
Hope the jumpers are still needed....I'm clacking away like mad!

mags said...

Very elegant card. Love the die and you have created a most gorgeous flower.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

stuning card and wow considering no ribbons or image how good did this turn out bloomin good i say ...love it hugs sassyx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Dawny,
wow, I really like the change of direction. You really do come up trumps even when trying something new. I was looking at some of your creations last night in one of my magazines (now please don't laugh), I never put you and the person in the mag together until last night - Blonde or what?....and I'm a brunette..well greying brunett!! It's true what they say, some people just can't help it. lol!
As to the die, I have the same problem, I tend to pinch the card a bit in places to adjust the position of the next petal and keep it in place with a glue dot until it's held in place with the final glue. Hope that made sense Dawny. Have a great week one and all. Hugs Linda x

Unknown said...

Th is precious I love the card and the flowers.

Mau xx said...

A Gorgeous card Dawny, I love the flower and your colour combo is stunning!
Hugs Mau xx