Wednesday 11 April 2012

Not Like Me At All!!!!!!!

Good morning loveliest of peeps and I hope that you are all OK today. 

Before I get onto today’s card, just a couple of things to tell you. Firstly I’ve been asked how long the baby jumper should be. Well mine is 26cm from the edge of the bottom rib to the top of the neck. But I guess that if you are using 4mm needles and DK yarn, then it’s going to be in the right ball park and if it’s bigger or smaller then it really won’t matter because the babies will all be different sizes.

And once again, hugest of thanks to everybody who has emailed me and  who is busy knitting away for these little souls  or who is tooting away on their blogs or forums for me – mmmwaaahhhh to every single one of your fabulous peeps xxxxxx . 

And just to remind you that there are still a few days left to enter Mary’s Ribbon Girl Sparkly Easter giveaway ….

… so if you fancy winning this beautimous pack of goodies, nip over and check it out me darlins )

Righty-oh then it’s  back to today’s card and it is of course my card for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge and out theme is

April Showers Bring Spring Flowers

This week the Design Team are showcasing Bo Bunny and/or Basic Grey products so if you have either of these two products, we would love to see them in your projects this week but if not, please come and join us anyway !!

As always the lovely Heidi is giving away ……

…. a mahoosive voucher which one lucky girlie will get to spend …..

Simon Says Stamp

.. right here in the store.

Now for a change, I thought that I would not use an image for this card which isn't like me but I do like to try different things for this challenge and I think it’s good for your creativity.

So this……

Picture 001c copy

… is what I did.

I used a Bargello technique which is easy peasy to do and a great way to use up any little scraps if paper you have left over. The papers I used are from Bo Bunny’s Crush Collection and this is how I made it. -

Firstly, cut up strips approx 22mm from your 6 x 6 pad – for this I used 5 different patterns

Glue them next to each other onto a piece of paper or card and make sure that all the edges line up

Now turn your paper through 90 degrees and cut strips that are 22mm wide. You will now have strips with little blocks of patterns on them

Now glue these onto another piece of paper or card and stagger them so that the patterns are really mixed up  - hope that makes sense.

I then trimmed this so that I had a piece that was  4 squares  x 5 squares

And that was then matted onto red card and then again onto black card.

By playing around with more strips or different patterns, you can get some lovely effects. If you want to see this technique  in more detail,  Split Coast Stampers have a great tutorial – you can see it here.

Picture 004c copy

The big bloom was made using the largest Spellbinders Rose Creations dies  (I love this set of dies) and I popped a brad in the centre which you can just about see!!!!

Picture 005c copy

A bit more detail for you :)

This technique is much easier than paper weaving I think!!

Picture 002c copy

Ooops, the flower is sort of folded in so you can see the white underside of the paper in this shot.  You can see that I used my fave Magnolia leaf and swirl die … just for a change and soooo not like me lol!!!!!!

Picture 003c

And that’s the card all done.

I’ll be back tomoz with my usual sort of card ie one with an image and coloured with Copics no doubt and also another Blast From The Past which I forgot last week - doh!!! So I’ll see you then and have a fab day.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

 

13 comments:

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Dawny,
Love the card today, another alternative design for you that is really good. I love the Bargello design it is such a quick and easy way of doing the quilting effect with papers and as you say, using up scraps also.
So glad so many people have read your blog or links from other blogs. Do you want the issue re-addressed on a regular basis so that jumpers are continually being knitted (or are you doing it as just a one off thing)?
Have a good day. Linda x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love this technique you have used and must have a go at it. Love the papers you have used too.

Hugs,

Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I will have to have a go at this ,, the colours and papers are fab, and the flower is stunning , this looks like it has been done with fabric ! ,, fabulous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

still knitting ,,,,, :-)

sallysbitz2 said...

This is brilliant, love the colours x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Stacey said...

Well, it might not be typically 'you', but it is still completely fab! ~x~

Mau xx said...

Certainly different to your usual creations Dawny, but it is gorgeous and love the Bloom xxx
Hugs Mau xx
Thanks for rough idea on jumper size, as my daughter is such a tight knitter I wanted to adjust needle size for her xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

misteejay said...

What a fabulous flower - really looks super on this lovely card.

Toni xx

Berry said...

This is fab Dawny what a stunning card it may not be your normal style but it certainly is fab! Hugs Rebekah xx

Anne-Marie said...

Oooooo....this is different, for you...really nice effect, though!
Finally found me 4mm needles, and got some fabby stripy baby wool from Bury market, so I'm castin' on...haaaa!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Dawny!! I just love the zig zag stitching and the great big BLOOM! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Gail said...

Dawn

Can I just ask which organisation you are making the baby sweaters for .I would love to contribute and I'm hoping I can find a charity in Australia who are participating. Too many long in this post.

Thanks

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Dawny, love those papers and the stitching finishes the card brilliantly.
luv
Debby